Dreadnok's of Endor...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Say what you will about the village-people-like Dreadnoks, but apparently it was on the verge of being much worse...

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/07/05/comic-book-legends-revealed-426/2/

EXCERPT:
Return of the Jedi was a major success in 1983, and perhaps the “breakoutâ€￾ characters from the film were the Ewoks, furry little folk who helped the Star Wars heroes save the day…

Well, as you might imagine, toy companies up and down the line figured that creatures like the Ewoks would be the biggest new trend in toys.

So much so that Hasbro wanted Zartan’s gang, the Dreadnoks, to be fuzzy humanoid bears. Larry Hama fought the idea and in an interview with Toy Fare magazine, he recounted his argument, “you can’t have the good guys running around shooting at teddy bears.â€￾ He pitched them on the idea of the Dreadnoks being bikers, instead, and that won out…​
What a horrible concept THAT would have been. I think ARAH as we know it would have died a swift death in 1985 has this come to pass.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That explains the ARAH episode where the little teddy bear creatures turn into big furry monsters on that space station...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
That explains the ARAH episode where the little teddy bear creatures turn into big furry monsters on that space station...

The Fatal Fluffies under the command of the Dreadnoks.

How many times has Larry Hama saved GI Joe by refusing to do Hasbro's ideas?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That's it!...I was trying to think of the name, but I saw some Star Trek crap at TRU the other day and couldn't get "the trouble with tribbles" out of my head...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
If you follow the link, they do mention the first 'toon appearance of the dreadnoks involving the fatal fluffies. Such an incredibly bad idea...

They even speculate whether or not Candy the Bongo Bear was Hama making fun of the idea. She did appear only a few issues later than the 'noks.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Same thing I said over yonder.

They're still bears, alright......;)