dusting off the toys

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
How do you guys dust off the old dust queens in your collections? I just took a look at some of my 1/18 WW2 stuff and noticed that my Unimax Sherman does not take dust well, whereas the 21st toys Half-Track seems to hide the layer of dust on it better? I don't want to dump the things into a tub full of water or anything because obviously your asking for paint damage, but my tanks and 1 ME-262 need dusting somehow. So what do you guys do about it? anything?

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
a damp soft rag or Windex wipes that i used to clean my Transformer collection that you can buy at the dollar store near you for a dollar. Be gentle and don't force the surface cuz you'll ruin the decals or use dollar store swiffer dusters that come 5 to a pack for about $ 2.50.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
For the hard-to-reach spots you can use a soft bristly paintbrush, or one of those makeup brushes ladies use to apply powdered makeup.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah, it always amazes me how many ppl like to say "you need to clean that up". A vehicle on a battlefield ain't gonna be pristine. I like my stuff to be just a bit dusty.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Yeah, it always amazes me how many ppl like to say "you need to clean that up". A vehicle on a battlefield ain't gonna be pristine. I like my stuff to be just a bit dusty.

if your going for a dirty look then wouldn't it be better to just take them outside and role them through mud and dirt? I accidentally did that with my Half-Tack when I made a stop motion way back when and it actually looked pretty good with the dirt on the treads.

derek_001

Banned
Dec 12, 2011
Cordell, Oklahoma
if your going for a dirty look then wouldn't it be better to just take them outside and role them through mud and dirt? I accidentally did that with my Half-Tack when I made a stop motion way back when and it actually looked pretty good with the dirt on the treads.

like my 1/6 stuart drove that thing through the mud/snow A LOT it looks a lot better then new... lol
and HEY if anyone has a GOOD battery for the 21st stuart let me know....