Eagle Force returns in modern 4"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*looks up Eagle Force*

Well, they could be cool, but I see a lot of room for them to screw it up. Goldie Hawk especially.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
*looks up Eagle Force*

Well, they could be cool, but I see a lot of room for them to screw it up. Goldie Hawk especially.

I had to look them up too. ZICA has been working with BFS a lot on their character designs so they could turn out really well done. At least I am hoping that they do. I have not read anywhere that they are working with BFS on this line as of yet though.

At least they aren't "retro"...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Or it could be like those Action Heroes they're Kickstarting.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Or it could be like those Action Heroes they're Kickstarting.

I don't think so, Those are actually being done by Bill Murphy of Fresh Monkey Creations and not really Craig Owen of ZICA. I think he may be involved but not really in charge.

he did say modern 4" though so I am expecting these to look more like his Captain Action line.

Attachments

• 01_captain_action_concept.jpg
    01_captain_action_concept.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 380

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now that I could live with. They'll still need a healthy repainting to cover up that ridiculous golden paint scheme, but I'm always for more 4" military.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
My good friend has the entire line MOMC and the vehicles in mint boxes. He loves that line.

Also, I got caught stealing one of these from the local drugstore when I was around 6. my mom paraded me into the police dept to which they played along and told me I needed to go apologize to the manager or else I go to jail. Then the cop and my mom took me there and had me apologize.

Back then, this sort of thing taught you a lesson. Now if a parent did that, the cops would stun gun you, tackle you to the floor and put cuffs and plastic ties on you and throw you in a cell.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I saw this a couple weeks ago on GeneralsJoes but didn't care when I saw the other figs they were doing on their kickstarter. I guess these will be different. I had a Captain Eagle and a couple other guys but somehow I only have my brother's Savitar the ninja now.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, I read that article to and dismissed it due to Amazing Heroes figures. But it looks like this is going to be a joint venture between ZICA, Fresh Monkey, and maybe some other companies.

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
I'm interested if it's a modern, well articulated update. However, if it's one of those goofy 5 POA retro lines, I'll pass. One line I'd love to see a modern update for, is Sgt. Rock. The quality was poor, I think the torso cracked at the shoulders on every figure I had, but they made great generic army guys.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I don't think Boss Fight would have joined in if it was going to be retro crap. Anyways they have said it would be modern.

On Facebook or Twitter they were asking for ideas for accessories if anyone wants to jump in that conversation.

They also mentioned they would like to try to integrate other properties into the line like Action Jackson.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Almost makes me want do a Facialbook account so I can steer them away from M4s and AKs.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm interested if it's a modern, well articulated update. However, if it's one of those goofy 5 POA retro lines, I'll pass. One line I'd love to see a modern update for, is Sgt. Rock. The quality was poor, I think the torso cracked at the shoulders on every figure I had, but they made great generic army guys.

Now that I've heard of. My dad use to tell me about the comics.

Almost makes me want do a Facialbook account so I can steer them away from M4s and AKs.

What weapons would you prefer? BARs and Sturmgewehrs?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope, I already have good BARa and StGs. Smartass.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Too bad companies are spending time on throw backs. If they have a similar price point as other ventures I would not back it. Something more original I would be opt to part with my money.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I remember when Eagle Force came out, I must have been nine or ten. I fell in love with the guy with the flame thrower...I even remember seeing a photo of me that my dad took of my wearing a home-made costume I did of the guy. It was kind of terrible as I made it out of tape and paper, but hey, I had to use what I had on hand. :)

I have one of the figures somewhere, I think it was the leader of the bad guys. I never had any others, I think GI Joe came out at the same time and that got all of my attention.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why wouldn't they be gold? That's part of what they were. Them not being gold would be like relaunching the The Supernaturals and not including a hologram component.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Why wouldn't they be gold? That's part of what they were. Them not being gold would be like relaunching the The Supernaturals and not including a hologram component.

If that was the case shouldn't they be die-cast and 2.5" I think moving from those 2 core features is what led me to think they won't be gold.

It seems like they are trying to move into the GI Joe market Hasbro is not satisfying and just want a team some people know of to start with. There are rumors other characters could also be merged into the line like Action Jackson.

I could be completely wrong in what they are trying to accomplish and they may go with gold deco but I think that would be a terrible idea.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you're gonna throw out everything that makes a line what it is then why not just come up with something *gasp* original in the first place? Is there a huge untapped market for some 3rd string Remco line from the '80s? Why not just update one of the 3.75" lines Remco did to leech on the G.I. Joe's popularity?

Only time will tell what they'll do. About the only thing we can say for sure is prepare for them to be pricey.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
They need to be a decent price and not gold and I'll buy. The figure looks great.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Looks like they come from the "fuck primary armament reloads" school of warfare.