"English, jive-ass turkey!" or Jules Winnfield '74

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ever since Fogger sent me the Jules Winnfield headsculpt I've wanted to do this one. I could have gone the easy route and tossed this head on a MiB III buck, but I wanted to go a different route. Thanks to Fogger for the head, and especially G.I. Eddie for the SE torso!

And here is what I came up with, Jules Winnfield circa 1974. Been out of the army for a while, and doing all the typical blaxploitation film stuff.

I still think he's a work in progress. I really should paint the shoulder rig, and the thighs could use a less "tactical pants" look. I think I should add a golden soul fist medallion, too. Need to hit-up that belt buckle with some color while I'm about it.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I don't get it....but naw...I do.

I just want to make some decent Pulp Fiction figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it took me a while to get the torso/arms.

Though when I did finally get it, it dawned on me that the blue SW sweater with brown trousers would be even more '70s.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wish someone made something useful to put in those leg holes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, fellas.

MR, the milliput is drying. I'll touch up the paint sometime this weekend. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, the one built out of New Sculpt era parts. That could actually work pretty well if the head is scaled right.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I love the idea of the golden soul fist...maybe use a smaller scaled figures fist?

And a trench would be killer too

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love the idea of the golden soul fist...maybe use a smaller scaled figures fist?

And a trench would be killer too

That was EXACTLY where I was going with the medallion. I was thinking along the lines of M.U.S.C.L.E., but I'll cruise Wally for something easier to acquire.

And a blue sweater + trench variant? I like the sound of it, if someone has an idea on a SW/SE torso compatible trench, and a set of arms. Perhaps something I can cut to 3/4 length?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That looks great KT! The shoes are a really nice touch. It is too bad there isn't any pants that are decent articulation and funky. This may have looked pretty good with a Prof. X figure too if the suit was painted. I like the 70's funk though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd need to cut the vest off of the X coat, but don't think I didn't consider its potential for a '94 Jules.

If there was a little more detail in the the 25th Shipwreck bell bottoms might have been a contender.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What about that Avengers Nick Fury?...he has a trench and decent arms...

And there was that five pack Shippy that had way better detailed bell bottoms...

Lastly, M.U.S.C.L.E.s...ahhh, good times

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What about that Avengers Nick Fury?...he has a trench and decent arms...

And there was that five pack Shippy that had way better detailed bell bottoms...

Lastly, M.U.S.C.L.E.s...ahhh, good times

Soft goods, wasn't it? Should be able to pick him up still, too.

As for Shippy, pics? I doubt I'm gonna go hunting for a 5-pack figure, though.

I hate painting it, but I'm thinking blue sweater with white trousers.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is the Shippy I was talking about...v13 if the link doesn't work...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/shipwreck13.shtml

Furys trench is plastic...and why would you have to paint the torso blue?...just get a steel brigade or DG Shippy...both are cheap and have a blue sweater...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is the Shippy I was talking about...v13 if the link doesn't work...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/shipwreck13.shtml

Furys trench is plastic...and why would you have to paint the torso blue?...just get a steel brigade or DG Shippy...both are cheap and have a blue sweater...

Paint the trousers, Edward! Painting the tousers white would suuuuuuuck.
Fury that came in the IM exclusive pack had a soft goods coat, the Avengers one did not.

It might work. I'll take a gander at it next time I'm in Wally World.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Paint the trousers, Edward! Painting the tousers white would suuuuuuuck..

Ah, yes it would...I focused your painting comment on the wrong part...maybe some movie storm shadow legs?...no straps or anything on them and no painting required...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They'd make him a good bit taller, at least when paired with the SW lowers.

I actually tried them on mine, but I was having some paint sheen compatability issues on them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too much gimp strapping on them.

If I really gave a shit something would turn up eventually. I'm not losing any sleep now that the holes are filled and painted.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Never occured to take the PoC CC legs. Let me see how they work with the SW lowers.