York, PA
So here he is :D-

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'll definitely be picking up a few...

Who's doing all the casting and assembling?...orrrrr...?...still a secret?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
AngelForge is the caster. DW has the fig right now, and is working on it as we speak.

Colors? Desert themed for sure, but if there's a demand for additional runs - who knows.
(the back-pack pic is different colors because it's an earlier WIP shot)

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
AngelForge is the caster. DW has the fig right now, and is working on it as we speak.

Colors? Desert themed for sure, but if there's a demand for additional runs - who knows.
(the back-pack pic is different colors because it's an earlier WIP shot)

sweet!!! desert, forest, urban any and all colors I am there.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
that upper leg seam can be easily hidden with leg straps for a holster or pouches.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
A nice surprise to see this in the Public forums now :D

I can't wait to get a bunch of these.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not big on modern or sandbox figures, but I'm still supporting the shit out of this.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
that upper leg seam can be easily hidden with leg straps for a holster or pouches.

I have some skills... but getting the swivel AND hiding it - tough job.

I thought about using a set of those ball-swivels (Capt America, Thor, etc), but I also wanted the hip to be easily popped on/off for painting and such. So, this was the most logical set-up to use in the end. With the few different methods out there, you'll always see the joints one way or the other.

Double elbows -

I want them too. Here's the thing though - after modding these single joint elbows, I was able to get damn near the same range as what I had on my double elbow arms. How you ask?

The sleeve sculpt got in the way, on the double joint arm - simple as that.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Damn going to have to save up some serious monies to pick up a couple, maybe three.

If I was a smart man I'd go to Angel Forge and see that based on current part costs we can assume the fig will be in that $40-$60 range...

Last edited:
About what you'd expect from a custom casted figure..

Still working on details.

Basically in the $35-$65 range then. I'm still down for one because of the uniqueness of him.

The only down side to a figure that is a casting is the long term durability. I've got full figures dating back 13+ years and I think I have one or two that didn't have some kind of breakage from drying out or some such. And I've gotten them from different sources, so the materials used may have been different. While great looking they're never Hasbro quality in the long run.

Last edited:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have some skills... but getting the swivel AND hiding it - tough job.

I thought about using a set of those ball-swivels (Capt America, Thor, etc), but I also wanted the hip to be easily popped on/off for painting and such. So, this was the most logical set-up to use in the end. With the few different methods out there, you'll always see the joints one way or the other.

Double elbows -

I want them too. Here's the thing though - after modding these single joint elbows, I was able to get damn near the same range as what I had on my double elbow arms. How you ask?

The sleeve sculpt got in the way, on the double joint arm - simple as that.

My only criticism is the bulky elbow and shoulder connections. Like bbi they make a damn good sculpt but the joints tend to be over exposed/bulky should I say. Don't get me wrong I think it still looks great. Going to get some for sure.

I recently got my first bbi Hernandez and his arms aren't so bulky and have great range. I can see those arms looking killa on this as for me this guys arms look like a jacket more than a uniform top.

Are you guys going to dye these desert tan and leave it to the consumer to add their own cammo print? One in OD would be friggen awesome too

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
^^^

True. We would hope that anyone buying this will treat it with a little respect (NOT for the kiddies!), so it will hold up for quite some time.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Those Hernandez arms would probably work a little better, yes. I used what I had ready access to, so this is what I came up with. It's the 1st fig, and not quite 100% perfect imo, but I think it'll do just fine.

Speaking of... at the Con, I will have a prototype of the 2nd F118th exclusive fig to show. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
And you know...

I'm going to see if I can sculpt/cover the front of the shoulder joints, before DW gets around to molding that piece. The peg inserts from the back side anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those Hernandez arms would probably work a little better, yes. I used what I had ready access to, so this is what I came up with. It's the 1st fig, and not quite 100% perfect imo, but I think it'll do just fine.

Speaking of... at the Con, I will have a prototype of the 2nd F118th exclusive fig to show. :thumbsup:

Nothing but constructive criticism.

What you guys are doing is awesome and I know you'll improve. I mean what you are doing already is better out the gate than Our Wars figs and may just be "The ultimate 1:18 accurate military themed action figure."

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
[F that douche]
[Sarcasm]

I just can't understand why you went with a "second rate" caster when I'm sure Alydoucha would have been more than accommodating by providing us these figs for the 2015 Custom Con.

[\Sarcasm]

Last edited:

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
this figure is gold...is the next step on the evolution of GiJOE. will it be available for international shipping?Portugal is ready to receive at least one.

congratulations Obi and the organization of the convention