facehuggers in stasis tubes

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I showed you one of these months ago, but I've been wanting to do three for some reason...so here they are.

I really don't want to do any more of these, they are so dam fidly! I tried to make each one match but at this scale it just wasn't happening. Everything is cut unevenly despite my best attempts...and do you see what's holding those rods in place? Those are tiny tabs with even tinnier holes drilled in them. Most of those tabs broke off at one point or another and there was just no way to fix them without having to go and make new ones...which would have driven me insane.

So I just said f&^k it and moved on. Sometimes you just have to do that.

Facehuggers molded and cast by Vortious. :)

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Looks cool :) Is there liquid inside?

No, no liquid inside. I would have liked too, but I would have had to seal the facehuggers with some sort of clear epoxy resin to protect the paint jobs, and that would have added to their bulk, which in turn would have made it impossible for them to fit inside the tubes. It was a snug fit as it was.

Or I could have possible filled the tubes with clear epoxy resin INSTEAD of water, but that stuff sets up via a chemical reaction which creates heat. That would have possibly melted the thin tubing and ruining the facehugger.

Most cool! Where's Bishop, to show scale?

Scale is our favorite 1;18th. :) But I can try and get some pictures with a suitable figure.

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
Those are pretty neat. What clear tubes are you using? I had a Similar Idea but I will be using the Clear Cigar Tubes

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Awesome! Those turned out really well. I dig the names too. This one of those cases where molding and casting would be a boon. Once you've got a really good understanding of painting, modding, and sculpting, it's time to reach the next level and learn how to mold and cast. It adds so much more to your game.