1)

2)

3)

4)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I voted number 2, but am going to need some more information on the schoolgirl figures in number 1.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
Yeah..not sure if its a bad crop job if it just showin up on my phone like that

no its a bad crop job...
I cannot fix that! my camera (Nikon d3100 with 18-55mm lens) doesnt have a wide screen pic mode and I dont know how can I fix this problem, without buying a lens...

I know I ruined the secrecy, but I am really disappointed with this freaking annoying thing, which ruins all my entries... any help GREATLY apreciated!

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
no its a bad crop job...
I cannot fix that! my camera (Nikon d3100 with 18-55mm lens) doesnt have a wide screen pic mode and I dont know how can I fix this problem, without buying a lens...

I know I ruined the secrecy, but I am really disappointed with this freaking annoying thing, which ruins all my entries... any help GREATLY apreciated!

Try cropping the image in photo editing software before submitting. There are even some photo-hosting sites that let you crop photos to desired dimensions.

No ones entry gets to those dimensions straight from the camera.

I don't think that's photoshop, I think that's one of those puffy explosions that we had a tutorial on a while back.

Ooooh I see it too. Dang. That's pretty bad ass.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 13

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I don't think that's photoshop, I think that's one of those puffy explosions that we had a tutorial on a while back.

Cotton? I remember a cotton one for missles and such. I can see what you mean at the smoke edges. Boy if thats the case (it being real), That is wicked sweet and I would want to change my vote. lol. Would love to know how he made his zombie cop float and how the lighting was done. I can't come up with anythng myself that would give that effect. But I suck at lighting.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Cotton? I remember a cotton one for missles and such. I can see what you mean at the smoke edges. Boy if thats the case (it being real), That is wicked sweet and I would want to change my vote. lol. Would love to know how he made his zombie cop float and how the lighting was done. I can't come up with anythng myself that would give that effect. But I suck at lighting.

Ya I checked it to see if it was photoshopped. The explosion uses cotton & lights. The floating zombie cop uses a angel trick probably propped up from behind. That's why I voted for that one.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Ya I checked it to see if it was photoshopped. The explosion uses cotton & lights. The floating zombie cop uses a angel trick probably propped up from behind. That's why I voted for that one.

man, I stand corrected double guessing it. Outstanding work to the photographer (dont want to name him since not everyone would know who did the pic). You can credit my doubt as a compliment. At first look it looked too damn good to be real. But I see the edges now once I blew the pic up. wow!!!!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
These are amazing entries, Gentlemen.

I voted for number 2 because the Marines look awesome.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
Try cropping the image in photo editing software before submitting. There are even some photo-hosting sites that let you crop photos to desired dimensions.

No ones entry gets to those dimensions straight from the camera.

thanks for the tips! I will try it next time. I just resized the whole pic entering 920*322 pixels. Following your way, the only problem should be to estimate how the pic would be after the croping.

and really #1 is not photoshoped??
#2 is top quality, but this photoshop free explosion takes my vote...

btw, is there a tutorial for how to make this kind of explosion? A link would be greatly apreciated. I ve searched the tutorial threads but I didnt find it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
HAH!...i'm such an idiot...first you guys answered the question...then I realized I put in the wrong numbers...and i cant get rid of that weird font...how can you tell how many times I edited anyway?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
HAH!...i'm such an idiot...first you guys answered the question...then I realized I put in the wrong numbers...how can you tell how many times I edited anyway?

Because the original post was in the email notification, then it changed, and when I went to quote the post it had changed a third time. At least. :) :pirate:

TL;DR: Because I'm AWESOME.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
#1 is fantastic!

#2 is Incredible and should get my vote

#4 isn't bad at all

#3 ARAH! The ARAH F.A.G. in me won't allow me to vote for anything else :D

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
#1 is a fantastically awesome action shot, but (as much as I like the guy who did it), the logo and dog tags would cover up too many elements. I had to go with #2, which is beautifully done.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hey yall!!! I had to go with #2. Its a very nice pic of the Marines and a change from alot of the G.I.Joe pics from past banner entries. #1 is still kick-ass.---RED---

I agree Red. #2 is the best out of the bunch.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Why didn't you warn me not to bother you d!ck?! :D...you shoulda turned away all entries once you got #2... That pic is so beautiful!

TheFatMaster

Enlisted
May 3, 2011
Great stuff again this month. Tough choices.

I was originally going to vote for #2 but the dynamic explosion in #1 is just too awesome to pass up. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how/why the school girl has no reaction to the considerable detonation. [I'm guessing it's a figure with no articulation.] Movie Scarlett looks like she's trying to book out of there & I'm guessing the other gal Joe (Jane) taking cover might be the one who detonated it.

P.S. fogger1138, I think Meddatron was referring to the reflection of the soldiers in the water. Photoshop or no, an awesome image! I'm guessing our armed forces would be proud.