Fighting 1:18th project

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Canadian JTF2 in Bosnia, AKA Lumberjack Commandos.

Codename: Bagged Milk.

Or

Operator Shakespeare

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Okay lets get the type of figure out of the way first...

we going with the Modern Spec Ops idea for the first figure?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hey MW, I'm working on the Q & A today. Should have them to you tonight.

Right on! I saw the PM notification in my email. I got a few others to go through before I get to your PM :D Take your time, I will most likely break it up into 2 features. Going to have a busy weekend so it will prolly happen late next week.

Here's my list of ideas from the other thread:
-Modern US Soldier
-Vietnam US Soldier
-Modern Russian Soldier
-Modern Special Ops US Soldier
-80's Cold War Russian Soldier
-WWII Nazi Soldier
-Modern North Korean Soldier
-Generic POTUS(with variant Black/Caucasian)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm down for Russians (Modern or Cold War, not a terrible amount of difference), Vietnam (or at least pre-'90s.)

Nazis, modern US GI and Spec Ops are already well represented.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Really need to send a PM to all the original members still in good standing and get them in here to get this hashed out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Combine tiger stripes with pre-IW2 LCE and it's easy to get that impression.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've been making do with 25th Trooper LCE, but I'm thinking the DG SE gear will work better with a lot of trimming. I haven't got one to run my tests unfortunately.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not true, but it's not like we don't have boonie hats in the scale.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
We would love it to be a Nam figure!

What would we pick for a head sculpt? original or existing?

White or black or both?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Really need to send a PM to all the original members still in good standing and get them in here to get this hashed out.

I like that idea however we should get some basics down first before we start contacting people. Don't want to have too many hands in the cookie jar :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Cool with me.

White or black is fine, an all-new sculpt would be awesome. Perhaps one in the likness of Eightball from Full Metal Jacket? ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Cool with me.

White or black is fine, an all-new sculpt would be awesome. Perhaps one in the likness of Eightball from Full Metal Jacket? ;)

color doesn't matter to me either. Maybe that is something we can ask the old timers once we have more details. All new sculpt if possible would be preferred here.

What kind of loadout should he have? I'm assuming a M16

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That would really be dependent on MOS. Regular rifleman would be an M16 (M14 if you go early), but if you go MACV-SOG, SEALs, or even infantry squad leader, grenadier or machine gunner your options open up quite a lot.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My intention is to do my Low Light in a SOG look. Black spray painted uniforms for the win.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Good stuff in there. Honestly... too many choices lol

Hey TJ, can you elaborate more on the casting, painting of the figure? What are your thoughts?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Well if you can get one idea hashed out and make one figure. I can cast and make the run of whatever we decide the run will be. I have few contacts I can see if they paint the figures for us. I can trade work for work with them. Plus I use to card figures about 12 years ago so I'm sure it won't take much for me to get back in to it. All we would need is the design and I can get those done and once we have the figure done and I know how big it will be I can find a place to buy the bubbles.

If we went with the SOG in black uniform, I could cast it in black that way there would be to much painting involved.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Or at least figure concept art. Though perhaps we need to hash the look out before we start batting around deep design stuff.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well if you can get one idea hashed out and make one figure. I can cast and make the run of whatever we decide the run will be. I have few contacts I can see if they paint the figures for us. I can trade work for work with them. Plus I use to card figures about 12 years ago so I'm sure it won't take much for me to get back in to it. All we would need is the design and I can get those done and once we have the figure done and I know how big it will be I can find a place to buy the bubbles.

If we went with the SOG in black uniform, I could cast it in black that way there would be to much painting involved.

Sounds Awesome! Maybe we can talk to Bee about the card design?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Or at least figure concept art. Though perhaps we need to hash the look out before we start batting around deep design stuff.

Yeah that's what meant....I least getting ideas in a visual format so you guys can pick something.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's some living history guys into SOG:

http://www.modernforces.com/sog_rtnewyork_1.htm

I've quite a bit of 21st Century Vietnam gear I can send in for casting. Toughest part is gonna be the M1967 suspenders. Though I could send in a Dragon pistol belt and perhaps they can be fabricated to it?

This is really Cloud's or Giga's area of expertise.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
As we figure out what the figure is going to look like and what parts... Who should we get to do the original figure for casting?

Cloud do you think you would be able to pull off the 1 figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.