Fighting 1:18th project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Now that I announced that I am still working on the details but my first line of figures are going to be Vietnam era and that can be my first for only you guys.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I say yes. What would you say the price point should be.

Well the cheaper the better obviously. First and foremost, the majority of collectors are cheap :D

I guess it would depend on the cost of making it. I would really like it to be a incentive for Officers since they donated to the site. So we want them to receive the figure first before regular members and get it at a cheaper price.

I would say a $15-$20 price point would be ideal for non officers and maybe $10 for Officers.

Of course that's just ball parking it without being privy to the costs.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Now that I announced that I am still working on the details but my first line of figures are going to be Vietnam era and that can be my first for only you guys.

That's BOSS right there!

I would prefer for the "Fighting 1:18th" exclusive figure to be only available on this site for the members to make it truly special.

For example your Nam wave would be:

5 figures plus a 6th figure that is exclusive to F118 or whatever, u know.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Well the cheaper the better obviously. First and foremost, the majority of collectors are cheap :D

I guess it would depend on the cost of making it. I would really like it to be a incentive for Officers since they donated to the site. So we want them to receive the figure first before regular members and get it at a cheaper price.

I would say a $15-$20 price point would be ideal for non officers and maybe $10 for Officers.

Of course that's just ball parking it without being privy to the costs.

I will make it work somehow for the 118th exclusive figure. It's gonna be badass

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
That's BOSS right there!

I would prefer for the "Fighting 1:18th" exclusive figure to be only available on this site for the members to make it truly special.

For example your Nam wave would be:

5 figures plus a 6th figure that is exclusive to F118 or whatever, u know.

That's exactly what I want to do. I would love to do the SOG in black. My original first one was going to be a SOG but in their reg uniform

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
And when KT said in the black uniform, I was like hell yeah. If you guys choose something else that's cool but it all up the the crew.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
And when KT said in the black uniform, I was like hell yeah. If you guys choose something else that's cool but it all up the the crew.

I'm all for it in Black!

Maybe do a "mock up" prototype photoshop photo of it that we can share with a few select members to get opinions on it?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I'm all for it in Black!

Maybe do a "mock up" prototype photoshop photo of it that we can share with a few select members to get opinions on it?

I am actually gonna have a prototype figure in a week or so. If you guys want to use it or not. I still need to get the gear done but the base figure will be done. Either once you guys decide what you want I can make it happen. So many options still have cloud or a wry1 design as options. Me personally, I love the Vietnam era

How many Officers are there?

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I am actually gonna have a prototype figure in a week or so. If you guys want to use it or not. I still need to get the gear done but the base figure will be done.

How many Officers are there?

Nice!

I think there is 19 or 20 including you. Than you have NSA and PCS who count but don't count :)

So a Good safe number would be 25

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Ok Not to many. I am only doing runs of 50 figures. So my first one what ever it is will for the 118th only

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ok Not to many. I am only doing runs of 50 figures. So my first one what ever it is will for the 118th only

Good shit!

50 will be plenty. Assuming not all the Officers will buy one however several members of the forum who aren't Officers will want one so it should even out.

I will guarantee you right now that I will purchase all of the additional figures that you don't sell. I will use extras for special Contests/Giveaway's/events etc.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
The quality of these figures is going to be crazy. Here are a few things they have done.

Attachments

• SO.jpg
    SO.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SO1.jpg
    SO1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 6
  • SO2.jpg
    SO2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 9
  • SO3.jpg
    SO3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Not just the Raptor, The cards are sick and as well as the other figure. This line is going to be so full of win!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Sunok Studios does amazing work. I will be doing the designs and they are doing the prototypes for me and I will be casting them.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Sunok Studios does amazing work. I will be doing the designs and they are doing the prototypes for me and I will be casting them.

Hell Yea! This is going to be wicked! Are the figures going to have individual names too or are they going to be generic soldiers?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
They will all be named have a back story and a even a file card. Even the line will be named but I am still kicking around ideas.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
If anybody comes on here in the morning they are going to be WTF! we just but up like 3 pages of info.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Damn! That's one of the things I love about being self employed. Wake up when I want no driving to work or traffic.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I've never been self employed and probably never will :(

I'm pretty lucky that I can function on very little sleep. I average 2-4 hours of sleep a night. I also live 15 mins away from my office so I can sleep in until the very last possible minute LOL

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If anybody comes on here in the morning they are going to be WTF! we just but up like 3 pages of info.

The pertinent information is a founder and the genius that came up with MACV-SOG as the inaugural figure has to pay regular member prices for this thing.

You "Officers" can go eat a fucking dick. ;)

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
The pertinent information is a founder and the genius that came up with MACV-SOG as the inaugural figure has to pay regular member prices for this thing.

You "Officers" can go eat a fucking dick. ;)

I got you covered KT. That was a brilliant idea. I was already planing on a SOG but not in black. I still need to figure out the gear but I'll get it done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Other than a set of web gear the gear is pretty easy.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd love a figure, but I prefer to paint it myself... Nothing against Sunok Studios, Solomon does incredible work, I'd just rather do it myself.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was of the notion that Jesse was casting the uniform parts in black to save painting/making painting stupid easy.

Cause I'm sho'gonna do one in OD with black disruptive pattern.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'd love a figure, but I prefer to paint it myself... Nothing against Sunok Studios, Solomon does incredible work, I'd just rather do it myself.

Not to be rude but you should at least wait to see how the figure comes out first.. Maybe you will really dig it.

TJ has an entire line in the works. You might be pleasantly surprised how they turn out. Of course their might be some other options for talented people like yourself who prefer to do their own painting. TJ is still in the planning stages and MB and myself are helping work out a deal with the F118th exclusive since our site figure will be a huge loss of profits for TJ.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Ok so work has begun. I know what I am doing are just customs but with sculptors that are on board I really think this is going to be bad ass! Should have the first figs very soon.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Not to be rude but you should at least wait to see how the figure comes out first.. Maybe you will really dig it.

TJ has an entire line in the works. You might be pleasantly surprised how they turn out. Of course their might be some other options for talented people like yourself who prefer to do their own painting. TJ is still in the planning stages and MB and myself are helping work out a deal with the F118th exclusive since our site figure will be a huge loss of profits for TJ.

Waiting to see if I dig it makes too much sense though... ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Really need to send a PM to all the original members still in good standing and get them in here to get this hashed out.

That woulda been nice...I JUST found this...I only ev hit "new posts"

I like that idea however we should get some basics down first before we start contacting people. Don't want to have too many hands in the cookie jar :D

You d!ck!...it's you're fault!

Should get someone working on card art

Mandingo is your guy, trust me...he did such a good job doing a custom sarge card art, that Hasbro ripped him off...seriously...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Figure wise, I'd prefer OD as a base color, but black will be pretty cool too...unless OD will eventually come along and lack is our exclusive?

EDIT: had another thought...

What ever happened to Trudy?...maybe we could make her our exclusive?...or maybe give a nod to her and make our figures name Trudy or even Rudy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.