Funko to launch new 6" line in '16.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
The 'classic toy line' bit is what's intriguing, imho. Since it's 6", I'm sure I won't care about 99% of its offerings, but I've been reasonably happy with the four Legacy figures I've gotten (Khaleesi Dany, Garrik Wildspeaker, and the Dovakhin to become Frost Giants and the albino cat dude to be a giant albino cat dude).

But what classic toyline had so many disparate properties? I can only think of Captain Action and Mego Superheroes. CA was built around one figure wearing different outfits, and I don't see that working in 6" with the characters they name; so I'm thinking it's 6" clothed figures of more than just superheroes, which is where they get the 'Funko twist' bit from.

Meh, we'll find out come Feb. Whatever.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There are a number of theories. They're probably just pulling a Hasbro and rebranding the Legacy line as something else. I imagine it'll be akin to McF's old Movie Maniacs or NECA's Cult Classics lines in it's variety. I seem to recall Toy Biz's short-lived, post-Marvel comic line was pretty varied.

Then again, Playmates is highly territorial of TMNT (ask NECA about that), and McF has the license to The Walking Dead. If this were Japan I might believe multiple companies producing similar figures from the same property.

Eh, they'll probably suck. I'm imagining 6" ReAction figures. Like you said, we'll see come Toy Fair.