GI Joe General Discussion

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Was watching Renegades on Hasbro Youtube. I know a lot of people didn't really like this GI Joe prequel/A team version, But I love this show, lots of world building & would have led into some great things if allowed to continue.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
While I know not every Joe fan was into the comics back in the day, I think everyone probably has a basic familiarity with issue #21, the classic "silent issue", and its significance. It was a big deal that reverberated through Joe fandom and all of comics for years.

Yesterday, the original artwork for the cover was sold at auction. Without googling it, anyone want to hazard a guess at the final gavel price?

joe21 Screenshot 2022-01-14 210929.png

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I have zero idea what a reasonable number is for this kind of thing, but I’ll take a wild guess of $10K.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Wait for it........
Wait for it....

That particular piece of original comic art fetched
a solid $312,000, a record for Joe pages

And if that sounds crazy, the interior page of Secret Wars #8 that depicts the very first rendering of Spider-Man in the black symbiote costume that would later become Venom, just fetched a whopping
$3.36 million

Screw real estate or vintage sports cars. I wish I'd bought comic art pages with every spare dime I had in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's!

Last edited: