GIJCC 2014 Figure is...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, thankfully, I've changed my tastes.

GI JOE and 'nostalgia'..

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The FSS individual prices are fucking crazy expensive for them coming direct from the store. It's way cheaper to get them from Dorkside. I think only BBTS and eBay cost more than the damn Club's "direct" store prices. :whatever:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
... Honestly, the best attempt at a non-Joe military figure that I've seen lately is the Marauder figure, but I dislike the waist design (or lack of mid-torso joint at least).

Agreed...it looks kinda cheap...but considering there'll be some kinda vest on the figure most/all of the time, it doesn't bother me too much...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Fucking Christ Eddie!

What happened to "I don't buy Joes!"

I had to take an early fucking lunch to buy this overpriced figure and pay $9 for S/H. Which was the cheapest option :(

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I'll just save the picture to my hard drive.. that'll be good enough for me for nostalgia's sake, lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Christ, just ship the fucking things already so the only part of the goddamn figure that's worth a shit can go to the castors. Fuck! Where's my Snickers?!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yep, me too. I picked up the HAVOC .5 also.

I passed on that. I probably should've gotten at least one to hang onto and flip later if I decide to not keep it, but it doesn't come boxed, and I've got a limited space for storage now, that keeps dwindling.

I don't own any of the other Club vehicles, so it was easy enough to pass on it, considering it's a repaint.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I hear you. I just liked the concept. I wish it was boxed with cool artwork.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got my 2 carded CCs in today. The cheap-as-shit Priority Flat-Rate boxes were smushy, but hey — I paid for the $1 bubblewrap! So hooray, at least they were pretty perfect when I opened them.

Can't wait for the bagged ones to arrive. Rumor from HT is that the Club not only fucked up once, but twice on shipping out the figures this year. Their old shipping company went belly-up or something (always using topnotch vendors!) so they're using a new one this year. :rolleyes: And guess what, they were supposed to go out the Monday after Con, but there was some snafu with "new postal regulations" or some other lie… I mean, "excuse"… and then they were supposed to ship out on Thursday, but since the Texas guys haven't gotten them yet, I'm assuming that was bullshit, too. So who knows when folks will be getting them. Fuckin' China! :whatever:

Also, I opened up Eddie's carded figure and rubbed it on my asshole, but he won't read past the first sentence because TL;DR so I'll just blame it on the Club, knowing their track record. "Uhoh, Eddie, your figure arrived opened, and smelly! Damn Club!" :thumbsup:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I got my 2 carded CCs in today. The cheap-as-shit Priority Flat-Rate boxes were smushy, but hey — I paid for the $1 bubblewrap! So hooray, at least they were pretty perfect when I opened them.

Can't wait for the bagged ones to arrive. Rumor from HT is that the Club not only fucked up once, but twice on shipping out the figures this year. Their old shipping company went belly-up or something (always using topnotch vendors!) so they're using a new one this year. :rolleyes: And guess what, they were supposed to go out the Monday after Con, but there was some snafu with "new postal regulations" or some other lie… I mean, "excuse"… and then they were supposed to ship out on Thursday, but since the Texas guys haven't gotten them yet, I'm assuming that was bullshit, too. So who knows when folks will be getting them. Fuckin' China! :whatever:

Also, I opened up Eddie's carded figure and rubbed it on my asshole, but he won't read past the first sentence because TL;DR so I'll just blame it on the Club, knowing their track record. "Uhoh, Eddie, your figure arrived opened, and smelly! Damn Club!" :thumbsup:

:lmao:

I also got my CC yesterday. I didn't get the $1 bubble wrap but it came in good condition.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
You're really missing out. It's high quality bubblewrap. Used sparingly, of course. Just enough to wrap once and secure with a piece of tape, they aren't messing around with this precious resource.

I heard it's on the same level as Vibranium. Rare shit!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Is there a way to figure out if your figure's shipped or not? I tried emailing the club, but you know how well that goes... :whatever:

Doubtful. They likely won't know, even if they respond back. They use a mass mailing company for the membership figures, so they don't ship them out themselves. I doubt they have any record of having it shipped, other than your address being marked as printed/processed. They go out via regular mail, so there won't be any shipping notifications.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Cool, thanks for the heads up, just signed up last year, but I was at JoeCon, so I just got the figure there. I wasn't sure what to expect with the renewal.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, they tend to ship in really flimsy boxes. Although if I remember correctly, last year's was slightly improved. (Although the figure was shit.) My Dial-Tone and Footloose figures came with a single piece of tape on one end, and hope holding the other end shut. They ship the figure all smushed up against the file card in the smallest box possible, so the filecard will likely be dented to shit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well sonofabitch! Maybe mine'll be here this week. I got out my custom Cross-Country this weekend for a ceremonial retiring/changing of the guard. ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
His pistol doesn't fit in the holster and the wrench could not be any cheaper. Mine has really good paint apps though

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have to get back to work. I can take a pic later. The gun barely fits in the holster. If you breathe on it... it falls out.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I have to get back to work. I can take a pic later. The gun barely fits in the holster. If you breathe on it... it falls out.

I think you may be slightly daffy or got a bum one. That holster is great! I wish Wild Bill had 2 of them instead of 2 fucking tackle boxes glued to the sides of his legs. The bottom of it should have a hole in it, doesn't yours? If it molded closed, I can see why the pistol won't fit.

^ Eddieism galore there.

We need an Eddie emoticon, btw.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think you may be slightly daffy or got a bum one. That holster is great! I wish Wild Bill had 2 of them instead of 2 fucking tackle boxes glued to the sides of his legs. The bottom of it should have a hole in it, doesn't yours? If it molded closed, I can see why the pistol won't fit.

^ Eddieism galore there.

We need an Eddie emoticon, btw.

No hole in my holster. Pistol doesn't fit.