GIJCC 2014 Figure is...

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
That's the thing, I live in the South. And I've seen this flag in many places. Some claim it's to show that "the South will rise again!" Bullshit, while others claim it's for heritage. I have no problem with someone brandishing it as a form of pride or honor, but some still hang it proudly claiming the blacks have taken over the US.

I frankly don't give a fuck. People get in the biggest temper tantrums over the smallest things. It's like the gay thing, if you say "gay" in public, it's basically like yelling FUCK or something.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'll be honest, I've known very few of my friends who wore a rebel flag either on their person or on their vehicle, etc. who wore it for the sole purpose of "Southern Pride" without some sort of racist mentality behind it. I grew up in the South, and racism is fucking HUGE there. Anyone who says otherwise is a naive or overly-optimistic jackass at best, and idiot at worst.

Personally, I think the whole "rebel flag" business is redneck and tacky as fuck. The same with jackoffs who wear camouflage 24/7. I get that if you're a hunter or military, you may have some in your daily wardrobe from time to time. But I know country fuckers who wear that shit all the time (sometimes WITH the rebel flag and some deer pic on their shirt, etc.). It's redneck as hell, just as trashy as every "thug" wearing giant white t-shirts, $200 Nike shoes and sagging jeans with a crooked hat.

And you know what? As much as I can't stand seeing someone wear the rebel flag, I like the possibility that Cross-Country is a fucking racist. There, I said it. Who gives a shit? You mean to tell me that former-gang member Stalker doesn't have a stick up his ass about the occasional cracker? Or that Big Bear doesn't have some sort of commie bullshit still rattling around in his noggin? I like the idea of Stalker absolutely hating Cross-Country and vice-versa. You mean to tell me there's not racism in our active military? I don't like it because I like racism (it actually doesn't bother me, to be honest, as I understand it), I like it because it's a detail of character.

Not every Joe has to be some squeaky-clean hero. Some can be racists, or otherwise some flavor of unacceptable asshole. Not everyone has to get along, that's not their job. Their job is to do their fucking job, not make friends or be liked by everyone. I like Cross-Country's redneck, racist streak as much as I like the fact that they made a black man an arctic survivalist in Iceberg (and why it pissed me off so bad that they fucked his figure up last year, because I really like that aspect of Iceberg).

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
"thug" wearing giant white t-shirts, $200 Nike shoes and sagging jeans with a crooked hat.

They don't white tees and crooked caps anymore, (except maybe in Chicago.)

I like the possibility that Cross-Country is a fucking racist. There, I said it. Who gives a shit? You mean to tell me that former-gang member Stalker doesn't have a stick up his ass about the occasional cracker? I like the idea of Stalker absolutely hating Cross-Country and vice-versa. You mean to tell me there's not racism in our active military? I don't like it because I like racism (it actually doesn't bother me, to be honest, as I understand it), I like it because it's a detail of character.

I don't see Cross-Country as being a racist, maybe a conservative Republican type who's prone to saying racially insensitive things, but a racist. As as Stalker hating Cross Country, I think that there may not be any lose between the two, but at the end of the day, I do think they respect each others as soldiers and being members f the unit. I will say that some of the JOEs, especially the black ones would feel some kinda way towards Cross Country. I am curious to know Duke and (if need be,) Hawk would handle the situation.

Not every Joe has to be some squeaky-clean hero.

Really, don't crash the image that Sunbow has ingrained in my head of G.I. JOE

Some can be racists, or otherwise some flavor of unacceptable asshole. Not everyone has to get along, that's not their job. Their job is to do their fucking job, not make friends or be liked by everyone.

This is the impression I get of Leatherneck that none of the other JOEs really care too much for dude.

I like the fact that they made a black man an arctic survivalist in Iceberg (and why it pissed me off so bad that they fucked his figure up last year, because I really like that aspect of Iceberg).

File me on Iceberg, aside from the wacky green on his uniform, they changed his specialty?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't typically care. The people that are offended by the confederate flag don't understand the meaning to the person waving it anymore than the people that wear it don't understand why it rubs people the wrong way. But like anything else, when you discover it rubs someone the wrong way, you continue to do it like a kid in the backseat. It's sort of turning into a statement of trolling. The more people try to be PC, the more people will behave like internet trolls to counter.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And it's likely loose, too! I highly doubt it'll have a damned box. The figure is awesome, the vehicle? No thank you, even if it looks good for a repainted Joe vehicle. (The original one, while I prefer it due to the nostalgia, is a silly fucking vehicle.)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Probably not that late, but they will wait until after JoeCon. I'd say they'll probably start shipping in May, unless they've stated otherwise that I wasn't aware of.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Update on the deadline:

Hello everyone!

Several items today:

1, We are still shooting for this week for registration but there are some items that are not working to standard yet. Our next target date is Wednesday, but again, that is not written in stone.

2. We have had a lot of people concerned that they will not be able to get the silver coin because the max number we published was 200. This is just a number we picked and it appears that the demand will be higher than this. So, I'm asking for feedback if you would like us just to make the number that is ordered and remove the cap. This will allow everyone that wants a coin to get it. We are taking your comments into consideration at the club forums GIJoeClub.com. To comment, log in and click on the Convention thread.

3. Since the 16th fell on Sunday, please let all your friends know that the deadline to be an active member to receive this year's free club membership figure is tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 9am. If you are receiving this email, your account is in good standing but we ask that you double check the scale figure you have selected by Tuesday morning at the club store. GIJoeClub.com/shop click My Account log in and then click the Customer Contact Info and make sure your selection is correct on that page. Tomorrow we will create the list of who wanted what scale figure and we can't change it once the list is downloaded.

Anyone who is lapsed or wants to join for this year's figure(s) and the convention discounts must do it by tomorrow morning.

Again, we apologize for the registration delay. We are pressing the software company as hard as we can. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for your support!

Brian

I advise anyone who wants the figure to go ahead and secure one at the $44 pricetag if you're not already a member, Club be damned. It's the cheapest way and at least gives you a shot at getting it later carded.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I advise anyone who wants the figure to go ahead and secure one at the $44 pricetag if you're not already a member, Club be damned. It's the cheapest way and at least gives you a shot at getting it later carded.

or you can speak with your wallet and not get them and tell them to fuck themselves.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
or you can speak with your wallet and not get them and tell them to fuck themselves.

:rolleyes:

Right, but the disclaimer was if you want the figure, the best bet is to still buy it direct versus paying $100+ later for a figure you could've owned for $44.

The Cross Country is impressive, the same as Footloose. And both are high on my Sunbow checklist, the same as many others. At this point, I wouldn't advise getting the JoeCon set OR the FSS subs with the Club, though.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
$44 for one figure. Way cooler stuff coming out this year from companies that do not operate with their head so far up their ass to pay that amount for one figure. Too bad nostalgia clouds the vision of GI Joe fans. Since that will be all the line has left I guess it is best to support such a wonderful club so they can continue to produce excellent product and quality shipping. Hell, they are even going to have registratin before the conention! That is a BBB operation for sure.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
1:18th troll in GI Joe Club-specific thread is 1:18th troll?

Nope. Just looking from the outside in. I just could not justify supporting them considering their track record. They just keep rubbing the fans noses in piss and they come back looking for a treat.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That is definitely one of the best looking club figures (Footloose is still tops)...heck, it fits right in with some of the best PoC figures like Lowlight, Airtight and Lifeline...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That is definitely one of the best looking club figures (Footloose is still tops)...heck, it fits right in with some of the best PoC figures like Lowlight, Airtight and Lifeline...

Wait wait.. Eddie is praising a $30 action figure? Whaaaaaaaaa?

It looks OK I guess? Good by their standards. But absolutely nothing I'd ever have any use for.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I most certainly did not praise the price...the figure, yes...the price, heck no!...but there is one difference here that Acid Rain, Lost World and Hiya don't have, for me at least...there is a nostalgic connection...thats also the reason I spend an unreasonable amount on 3rd party TFs...without that, I likely wouldn't have any interest in collecting toys...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think those Acid Rain figures look like shit. They're all disjointed and gappy, but folks seem to love them. That's why I don't like 'em, not because they're not Joes. Honestly, the best attempt at a non-Joe military figure that I've seen lately is the Marauder figure, but I dislike the waist design (or lack of mid-torso joint at least) and the plated armoring. And let's not kid ourselves, those are blatantly Joe-inspired knockoffs, as lovely as they are. Hasbro did all the legwork there on the standardization of the body build.

The price ain't half bad, considering the exclusivity and what it'll be in a year on the aftermarket. $30 is cheap for the Club, and since it's carded, it's actually cheaper than the $44 "free" loose figure for what you get. (Granted, it's $10 for shipping so it rounds out to roughly $40, but it's still cheaper than what I paid to get the damned loose one as my yearly "free" membership figure.)

And with a new head and webgear, it's a ton nicer for the price than the lot of shitty FSS 2 figures, none of which had new webgear this time around, unless you count Big Bear, which was using cancelled tooling.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funny that the list price for CC is cheaper than not only the membership, but also the FSS figures list prices...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
'da club gets no more of my money. I skipped Iceberg, FSS 2.0, and I'm skipping this too. I came to the conclusion that I just don't give a shit. All of my display space is taken up with my MOC vintage collection, so I have nowhere to put any modern stuff. Anything I buy will just end up in storage. I might as well take $40 and throw it in the river.