GIJCC JoeCon 2016

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Maybe the designers now in charge of Takara Tommy's super bland toony MP's is doing JOE's? Maybe it's just a new Hasbro direction?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I think the bullshit they are giving us clearly illustrates they either need to go in a new direction or let the fucking line actually die.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
REMFs don't need no ammo. :D
lol, that's all that Cobra officer will be good for, trying to flag someone down on a Friday before they can get off base before she can make them do stupid shit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Contraband frankensteined what amounted to the same torso and it had more detail. Just sayin'.

They're VERY Marvel Universe in amount of detail. We can paint on whatever details are needed! :rolleyes:

They need some wrinkles molded in. Maybe a seam. Collar, buttons, something. Right now she doesn't even have any stomach definition or naval indention, which would show through a shirt that form-fitting.

There are certain basic anatomical forms that are simply missing. Such as:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/site...-Longsleeve-and-My-New-Obsession-Legging1.png

She's not ripped but she's more fit than average, but even if she wasn't, there'd be SOME shape. I am not impressed with any of the new sculpting to be honest. That pea-sized head on the female trooper with the gigantic helmet looks comical, like something from fucking Robot Chicken.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Even if she was, ahem, chubby, theres one thing that still shows up in skin tight clothing in that belly area...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The shirt doesn't have any buttons or a collar because it was designed after a specific fem Trooper that appeared in Sunbow.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
She's also wearing weird-ass gray suspenders instead of webgear with no detailing whatsover, because cartoon. Doesn't mean I want that in a figure, either.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The shirt doesn't have any buttons or a collar because it was designed after a specific fem Trooper that appeared in Sunbow.

I'm genuinely asking a serious question. Did you do the design work for that chick figure (or any others) for Hasbro?

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
No, my figures have more detail. ;) I'm just really happy to be getting this figure after all these years. I'm a huge Sunbow fan.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm shocked they don't make a modern version of that "name your own Cobra" figure, and put him in a two pack with the Steel Brigade. Then again, that figure's a bit esoteric . . .

Maybe if I could get a casted CG Immortal helmet, I could bash one together using that new SAW Viper as a base.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I don't find it to be at all a poor design. It's accurate to the source material. And there are plenty of tight shirts that do not show much definition. Sculpted clothing does not need to be full of greebles to be realistic looking.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
While an A+ for effort on cosplay, I don't want my action figures looking like a cosplayer. The sculpt is flat and lacking detail. Not sure why you don't seem to realize that, considering your sculpts and renders have adequate detail and look good. (Versus horrible, which is what these figures look like from the renders.)

You can't honestly compare the 25th Cobra trooper and the POC redo and say the 25th one doesn't look much worse. I've got a bag full of the 25th blueshirts I'd almost be willing to just give away. They're awful.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Why isn't she wearing a combat shirt like her male counterparts?

Oh, that would require them to sculpt wrinkles as well. Can't have that.

I'm not liking the new design team as much. Everything seems "simple"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Something definitely seems to be lacking. Not sure if it's the team or corporate.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Why isn't she wearing a combat shirt like her male counterparts?

Oh, that would require them to sculpt wrinkles as well. Can't have that.

Has nothing to do with sculpting wrinkles. They made an all-new figure for Shooter and tried to get some extra use out of the torso and arms by releasing a female Cobra Officer. The shirt fits Shooter's look.

Fortunately, Marauder Valkyries will be out in a month or two. You can make your own Cobra females.

You can also make a combat shirt by putting long sleeves on a t-shirt torso.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The sculpt is flat and lacking detail. Not sure why you don't seem to realize that

The shirt is flat and lacking details because the shirt being worn is a skin tight pull over. It's not going to have pockets, or buttons, or a collar. And if the material is thick enough, as illustrated in my picture, there will also be very few wrinkles in the clothe and no body definition showing through.

You can call it lazy if you like, but it's 100% accurate to the source material and 100% realistic.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
it's 100% accurate to the source material and 100% realistic.

Then why are her pants detailed? Where are the high heels? Why does the new figure not look like she's wearing all one piece?

Excusing the hair, the cosplay picture isn't exactly 100% like this

And neither of those two are 100% accurately depicted by the new figure. They all similarities sure, like being blue (though not even the same exact shade) and wearing a helmet, and being part of cobra, but you got to face the facts man, that figure is a franken-joe kit-bashed figure that is meant to only vaguely represent what you want.

What the fuck am I doing with my life talking about this on an internet forum for? I need to go outside and talk to real girls, rather than talking about fictitious ones on the internet. At least I'm not jacking off to anime characters, or fucking ponies . . .

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Has nothing to do with sculpting wrinkles. They made an all-new figure for Shooter and tried to get some extra use out of the torso and arms by releasing a female Cobra Officer. The shirt fits Shooter's look.

Fortunately, Marauder Valkyries will be out in a month or two. You can make your own Cobra females.

Why would I waste time making non-aviation, non-support female figures? :trollface:

Edited for unnecessary assholishness.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The cosplay is to show that a shirt can look like that. The rest of the cosplay is irrelevant. The bagginess of the pants and the harness (replaceable) are the only things really not "right" for accuracy.

And no, it's not worth arguing about. I love the figure and you guys dont. Nothing is really going to change that.

Last edited: