GIJCC JoeCon 2016

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
carded Freefall is sold out

I want a loose one.
Downers Grove, IL is local for me so it would be nice to get one.

oh and they had NO limit on carded Pythona which did not last through the gold ticket line either
that was a bunch of BS to people there that wanted one

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
LULZ, I saw this at HT.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
panel has revealed all the figs..

2 packs
PoC SE vs Renegades SS
Viper and IG
Heavy Duty and Stilletto
Duke vs Tombstone - new Cobra 1st Sgt
Double Zombie Viper Set

3 packs -
Saw Viper, Arctic bat (i think) and female cobra officer
Outback, falcon and Shooter - female sniper

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, the female Officer isn't great. Still using that shitty SVDS from the 25th, too. All-in-all 2016 is another shite year for Joes, unless you need Z-Vs or PoC SE.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, it's a particularly shit listing of figures. Nothing I'm particularly excited about, save for maybe a handful.

Who in the goddamn gimp-dicked fuck at Hasbro thought anyone would want that another non-classic Duke?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Also, much to my chagrin, it sounds like JoeCon is going to continue under the FunPub helm through 2018 now. Buncha slackjawed incompetent monkeys get to keep running the property into the ground for another 30 months.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
At least they lost Transformers.

Oh and look SAW Viper & NF Falcon at retail prices!!!

Everyone keeps calling it NF Falcon, but it just looks all-black to me. NF Falcon had a much different coloration. Black shirt, gray sleeves, brown pants, green scarf. That one's all wrong.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Eh, the female Officer isn't great. Still using that shitty SVDS from the 25th, too...

Not great, but better than any other female blueshirt they've done.

But yeah, like last year(?), only one fig I'm interested in. :grumpy:

Who in the goddamn gimp-dicked fuck at Hasbro thought anyone would want that another non-classic Duke?

I don't know. What a bummer. I had hopes, albeit low, that a classic re-do Duke was coming.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
OK so I'm watching a live update of the club panel on FB...
wow does the club love drawing out things

if you missed the club magazine they are on the website store
ISN'T this IN ALL THE MAGAZINES ALREADY!!! they said the EXACT SAME thing last con! what your overpriced rags not selling???? :trollface:

they just thanked each other!

replace doctor with thank you

clouds are real on the set box...
:wtf: who cares?!

then they show how they created the JoeCon exclusives sketches then 3D mock-ups
:grumpy:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm glad to see the 30th Viper return, but why in the name of all that is holy did he have to be packaged with the 25th IG? That figure sucks, and they already gave the POC IG plenty of releases. I hate 2 packs, and I hate three packs. Seriously, the zombie vipers come in a two pack together, why not just two 30th Vipers?

As for the female figures, they're kind of gross looking for some reason. Heavy Duty also looks weird. There's this strange kit-bashed/amateur custom feel that a lot of the new figures give off.

Overall, this year's line up looks pretty disappointing and lack luster. I'm getting sick of the bogus 2 pack system. It was lame when I was a kid, and it's lame now.

Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Yep same 25th IG.

there you go...was never a fan of IGs or CGs as I felt they never looked like combat troops....if they made IGs like the are in Tales from Castle Destro novels....I would be all over it...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Couple of parts (sleeved female arms, shoulder rig), but other than that Hasbro has once again been blown out of the water by small independents. What is up with the 25th level of detail on the new female torso?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
My thoughts exactly. I'm glad I invested in the Valkyrie kickstarter now.

The head looks too small, like a goomba in the old Mario Bros movie. I got no idea why they went with a big Johnson sculpt for Outback.

I like the rifle and that's about it. That thing will either go to LL or a Valkyrie custom of Shooter.

Boring version of falcon is boring. They should have just let him have jungle/woodland camo of some sort. This bogus "night" or "stealth" looks comes off as a scheme to have something easy for their amateur factory workers to paint.

I'm strangely OK with this figure, but who the hell is he?

Once again, the head looks too small. What body and arms are those? I don't recognize them. If I get this figure, I may try to fit Renegades Duke's head on it, and get a appropriate helmet, and then put Outback's head on the old Renegades Duke figure. I hope that works.

Man, Hasbro REALLY wants to milk this sculpt for all it's worth. Why does he have a beard? Neither the version one HD nor the Jove vs. Cobra figure had that. If they want him to look like the original they should just give him a cap. Looks like Marauders is to the rescue again.

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww she looks weird and gross! Is she suppose to look like that?She looks like Joseph Goebbels! I have to agree with KT, they should get a better rifle for these characters, like the Winter Soldier version.

I don't think he's going to be able to hold that SAW with both hands considering the arms and vest he has. Also, PURRRRRRPLE POOOOOOOWER!

Boring repaint.

All of the problems Shooter and Stiletto have, now in blue.

[/QUOTE]

POC Recondo syndrome.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least Stiletto might get my female Vietcong to rise from the customs graveyard, though her facial features aren't even remotely SEA in origin.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I read at HT (could've been someone not knowing what they're talking about) that the Four Horsemen were doing Hasbro's sculptwork now? Did Boss Fight stop, or was the HTer just babbling nonsense?

It is a significant drop in quality, and seems like someone else is doing the Hasbro sculptwork now. It's all soft with the details, too round of face sculpts, and not very good.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Doesn't look like 4H's work, and it sure as shit doesn't look up to BFS' standards. Sounds like someone pulling something from their 4th point of contact.

As to round faces, Stiletto's isn't round enough.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
BFS is now competition. Doubt Bro would pay money for them to sculpt for them.

On another note. I discovered Hasbro properties can have parts used in MU, SW, etc, but they can't use MU for Joes.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I read at HT (could've been someone not knowing what they're talking about) that the Four Horsemen were doing Hasbro's sculptwork now? Did Boss Fight stop, or was the HTer just babbling nonsense?

It is a significant drop in quality, and seems like someone else is doing the Hasbro sculptwork now. It's all soft with the details, too round of face sculpts, and not very good.

Yeah, the new face/heads look kinda cartoonier. Maybe it's the people who do the Rebels line?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
What ever the case, the new sculpts just aren't as detailed and nice as the Boss stuff. The Cobra Officer epitomizes this, look at the weird dissonance between the detail in her legs and the rest of the figure (Boss Fight did the POC Cobra Trooper right?)

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Depends on the material used in the clothing.

Cotton spandex would look that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why isn't she wearing a combat shirt like her male counterparts?

Oh, that would require them to sculpt wrinkles as well. Can't have that.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Eh, whatever K-Tiger, they don't look bad to me.

And I do think they're whoever sculpts the new Marvel 4inch figures did these.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Contraband frankensteined what amounted to the same torso and it had more detail. Just sayin'.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I still think the torsos look weird. It doesn't help that they don't have a combat vest. What are these ladies going to do in a firefight? They clearly have no ammo, no body armor, no nothing. I think I see a couple flat pouches sculpted onto the side of their belts? Yeah, perfectly acceptable, no problems there, 10/10.