BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Poor Night Vulture. Couldn't even get a new head sculpt.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Poor Night Vulture. Couldn't even get a new head sculpt.

I had been out of GI Joes for a while, when I went to a yard sale with my mom (was around 17 or 18) and found a bunch of figs in a box. think I paid a quarter for 6 action figures including a Mego Captain kirk. I picked up night vulture and thought, huh, a purple snake eyes. Back then there wasn't anyway of looking up who the figures were. Good times.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
This whole set is an homage to a group that came along after I discovered cars and girls. It's a colossal neon pass.

Given that this is the last year for the con and the club, I would have liked to see something more traditional, along the lines of a set that remakes the original '82 lineup, i.e. the O-13 + two cobras, as faithfully as possible with modern PoC construction. Some kind of grand finale sendoff to the era that put 3.75" Joe on the map for a generation. I know we've gotten a lot of those characters in the last decade, but most of them had 25th bodies or not-so-vintage decos. This set should have been an '82 masterpiece collection. But alas, it was not to be. The club decided to go out with the same ineptitude that has guided it for many years and give us crap nobody was asking for. Congratz GIJCC, at least you're consistent.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
This whole set is an homage to a group that came along after I discovered cars and girls. It's a colossal neon pass.

Given that this is the last year for the con and the club, I would have liked to see something more traditional, along the lines of a set that remakes the original '82 lineup, i.e. the O-13 + two cobras, as faithfully as possible with modern PoC construction. Some kind of grand finale sendoff to the era that put 3.75" Joe on the map for a generation. I know we've gotten a lot of those characters in the last decade, but most of them had 25th bodies or not-so-vintage decos. This set should have been an '82 masterpiece collection. But alas, it was not to be. The club decided to go out with the same ineptitude that has guided it for many years and give us crap nobody was asking for. Congratz GIJCC, at least you're consistent.

My profit last year tells me otherwise. :trollface:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
My profit last year tells me otherwise. :trollface:

Making random garish figures that the odd hardcore will armybuild and overpay for on ebay, and making a set that people are genuinely excited about are two completely different things, IMO.

I really got excited about the final o-ring set, Tank for the Memories in '07 I believe (which they promptly fucked by not actually producing the tanks). And the Oktober Guard set was a winner. Everything else in the last decade has been red, purple, teal, and tiger-striped repaint horseshit.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Well the Club can't get everything made as original sculpts so everything will be repaints. At the end of every convention, everyone has a survey they turn in that specifically asks what they want in the next con set. So on paper. Yes, this is what everyone wants. It might be garbage, but I never assume the fanbase has classy tastes. When I talk to fans, majority of them are ARAH fans who have this strange fixation on recreating the entire line in modern sculpt. I would prefer 100% original characters being introduced each year.

And people are probably going to bitch about the class figure yadda yadda yadda.

I had a lot of fun last year and I'm not an ARAH fan.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

After the blacklash the Club received for red pads Grand Slam, I doubt they really wanted to revisit the O13. Plus, SE, Stalker and Zap were already done. Resolute Scarlett is pretty decent with a headswap.

The with the exception of Major Bludd and the Twins, the Cobras all have versions with fairly up to date tooling. I also wonder how many people would want to pay premium prices for DG repaints of characters they already own.

G.I. Zmo

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2011
The things came into my mind, when i saw the visors/helmets of Altitude and Air Devil:

Until now, the only one i like is Skydive and maybe Flying Scorpion, but i don't like his harness.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I generally like them all more than the Tiger Force set. I'm working on a new Devil head that's closer to the original only with maybe a clear Alley Viper visor to go over his face.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I saw on HT someone emailed to see if there would be a KREO set again and the answer was unfortunately no...so I guess that ends much of my interest in the con only con stuff I own is KREO...unless HASBRO actually shows up and shows something new...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Sounds like the motherfuckers are closing shop?

That's a weird-ass sign-off if not.

Please note the following: March 16 is the last day you can join the GI Joe Collectors' Club. If you are interested in receiving the discounts for GIJoeCon, the 2016 FREE figure(s) or in FSS 5.0 you will need to be an active member as of March 16. All memberships will end December 31, 2016.

We appreciate your support over the last 20 years.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Fixed.

Please note the following: March 16 is the last day you can join the GI Joe Collectors' Club. If you are interested in receiving the discounts for GIJoeCon, the 2016 "FREE" figure(s) or in FSS 5.0 you will need to be an active member as of March 16. All memberships will end December 31, 2016.

We appreciate your support over the last 20 years.

Sounds like bitterness to me

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Fixed.

Sounds like bitterness to me

This is the last year, they just haven't made it official yet. The other hasbro line cons have announced it ending.

Everything but that last bit has been the standard this time of year for the last few years.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Let me get this straight. You're throwing a convention, with an exclusive set, but won't have any sets on-hand?

Wew, lad.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They're just delayed until this afternoon. The Golden Ticket people, like me, still pick up first but we pick up right before everyone instead of last night.

The other unknown exclusives weren't going to be unveiled until later today anyways.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
HT has preview pics up of the posters for the Con exclusives. I really want that damn Freefall. Of course it's the fucking parachute drop figure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
For those following along:

Parachute drop figure: FREEFALL
G.I. Joe Glider 2-pack featuring Skymate and Cloudburst
Heli-Vipers 3-pack
Sky Patrol Skysweeper jet
Cobra Hydra jet with Aero-Viper
Sky Patrol Skystriker
Sky Patrol JUMP 6-pack
Cobra JUMP 6-pack

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
A whole list of figs that I have ZERO interest in. Awesome! No, seriously, awesome. That's how you do exclusives. Make figs that very few desire, not figs that EVERYONE desires but can't acquire.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
For those following along:

Parachute drop figure: FREEFALL
G.I. Joe Glider 2-pack featuring Skymate and Cloudburst
Heli-Vipers 3-pack
Sky Patrol Skysweeper jet
Cobra Hydra jet with Aero-Viper
Sky Patrol Skystriker
Sky Patrol JUMP 6-pack
Cobra JUMP 6-pack

I'd have more interest in this if it was paw patrol. Oh wait paw patrol did the same thing this year.