Happy 4th Birthday to the Site!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy biirrrrttthhhddddaaayyyy Fighting 1:18th... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Whew. We made it! 4 years down! Infinity to go!

For those of you who don't know, we started this website way back in the dark ages of Two-thousand and Nine. Back when there was still hope, and the promise of change! Back when people thought maybe Rise of Cobra wouldn't be half-bad. Back when 1:18th scale military items were still sorta kinda maybe popular!

We created this site so we could go our own way, do our own thing, and make our own rules (no rules!). Our motto then (as it is now) was "A place to BS without the BS". We felt that there is not enough time in the day to deal with internet drama, and especially not toy nerd internet drama.

Over the past 4 years we've had our highs and lows, but I feel that we've stuck to our morals and kept the site as "BS" free as possible. This is a hobby for us as well, not a business venture. We pride ourselves on being as much a part of the community as running it.

Some members of our staff have come and gone, we've all taken extended breaks, but I am happy to see a large portion of our 'founders' are still here. The community aspect of the site has become my favorite part. I love seeing the dios, the customs, and the Eddieisms, but in the end I love seeing all you fine folks enjoying the site most of all :)rainbow:).

A huge THANK YOU goes out to all our Officers, past and present. You are the lifeblood of the site, as we would not still be going strong without your support each and every year. So far this year is our best Officer year ever, and will allow us to do some really cool projects throughout the year! The coins should hopefully begin shipping after SDCC.

As you can see above, we are going retro for this month's banner. I will be changing it up every couple days this month to past great banners, to show where we've come from and where we are going.

Thanks for making these 4 years so much fun, and I can't wait to show off what we have planned for the next 4+ years!

:)words:)

Sincerely,

NSA & the The Fighting 1:18th Staff

Attachments

• forums-header01.jpg
    forums-header01.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 10

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The current banner is by RED I do believe. One of the most iconic banners we've ever had, and hard to believe it's all in 1:18th scale.

RED really led the way with our banner contest in the beginning. Pretty much all of his work was unbelievable.

As you also may have noticed, that's our old logo! We'll, our middle logo I suppose. Beeavision kindly helped up update our original original logo before we finally settled on our current amazing logo.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Love the insight into the history of thefighting1:18th & im stoked to be a part! Really liking the July banner theme & it'll be good to see previous banner entries. Keep up the good BS free fun & here's to another year :proposetoast:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man that was awesome to open the site just now and see that old school banner and logo...ahhhh, good times!

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Happy 4th Birthday!!!! I regret that it took me longer than it should have to accept Major Bloods invite. I have made great friends here and I find the no-drama feel to the site a huge plus. I dont post alot but I always check in here several times a day. I am looking forward to the next 4 years!!!:proposetoast:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Awesome, thanks to NSA and the other mods that keep it rollin!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Wow, 4yrs! Really?!

Thanks everyone for making this site such a great place. I wish I was around more, but glad to know this little slice of the net is always waiting for me.

Maritime96

South East of Disorder
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Long Island, NY
Happy 4th Birthday. Very thankful I stopped in and stayed around. So many of the members do such amazing work which is always great to see and you guys always seem to find new ways to give me a good laugh. Glad I can be a small part of such a great site. Here is to another great 4 years.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Wow, 4yrs! Really?!

Thanks everyone for making this site such a great place. I wish I was around more, but glad to know this little slice of the net is always waiting for me.

It's been a blast so far.. well, most of the time. We all know how to take a break, that's for sure. Props to the guys who have been going strong the whole time.

Here's to the bro's we lost along the way!

Today's banner was actually by PCSguy88 way back in the day, using his 1:16 scale tank and some SW dudes to replicate the eastern front! Another big thanks to Beeavision for doing his magic on the logo :) BRRRR!

Attachments

• forums-header.jpg
    forums-header.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. Tahoe Tony was supposed to keep that thread updated, but as you can see it has fallen into disrepair :)

We try to keep 1st and 2nd place finishes now for each month. Our record keeping in the past wasn't the best, and the crush didn't help matters either.

For the last year or so I believe we've been hosting the images ourselves, so that helps preserve what we can.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Trying to be unbiased, I really liked my Sunbow intro too...came way better than I expected...

My other faves were MRs jungle dio shots...they were so vivid and almost 3D looking...

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
This banner kicks ass, this banner theme for the month of July is THE best!!!

Im gettin the vibe that the crash was a big deal! Was it Eddie's fault? Or provost posting too many T&A lol