Hasbro August Q&A vote

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Alright kids, it's getting close to that time. Everyone pick 3 please and we'll narrow it down after that. Pick wisely.

Also, if you feel there was a question on the last segment you want voted feel free to nominate it.
http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=323

1)
How do you compare the fan made customs to the bootlegs coming out from China, is there any problems with selling the bootlegs/repros,since there is no problems selling custom figures. How do you decide from bootleg or custom?

2)
i think we should re-ask the questions about the extra heads being included, but word it like K-T does...call it "Duke" on the package to make retailers happy in the pants, put a Duke head on it, but make it look like Footloose and include a Footloose head as an excessory...

3)
Release Thrasher, 1LT Colton, Muskrat, Footloose, Zandar, Tomax, Xamot, Frostbite, Sky Patrol, Night Force, etc with modern uniforms and equipment as was the case with POC Snake Eyes, and intersperse them in waves of 6-8 figures each. Release Frag Viper, SAW Viper, Green Shirt GI Joe Soldier and other nifty Army builders throughout these new waves as 6 Army builder figures per case, with 6 original characters mixed in.

4)
Can we please have some significantly better vehicles for RoC2? Those were a huge disappointment in the RoC1 line (particularly the first wave). Movie vehicles should not be rehashed or lame modifications from earlier lines. Why not make fewer, properly scaled vehicles, actually from the movie like a properly scaled Dragonfly (Apache), Tomahawk (Osprey), and VAMP (Cougar MRAP) rather than the poorly executed, undersized and/or rehashed Happy Meal toys that we got?

5)
Why was the armor on wave 4 Destro and the Iron Grenadier different colors than their uniforms? With a simple parts swap between the two they look perfect on the other figure.

6)
With "variants" or running changes such as Crocmaster and Blowtorch making their way into our hands into revision cases in the future, is there a chance that we'll see the upcoming Law & Order in more vintage deco as a similar running change/variant? In a previous Q&A, the design team stated that their intent was to release a more vintage version first of any figure before a modernized update, and while the figure is reminiscent of the ARAH figure, he's the most updated of the "ARAH" figures in the upcoming 30th lineup and is the most changed.

7)
So my next question will be, why do you send mixed signals with the GI Joe line? If it's for kids then take some gambles but if you are gearing towards adults then just commit to online so the stores can have worthless product therefore giving us all no reason to go into them.

8)
Kids seem to be more into electronics anymore. How do you plan on getting them involved in action figures such as GI Joe so that the line stays healthy?

9)
why dose hasbro feel the need to change the line every yr to 2 yrs now? why cant they stick with what the 80s did and have the line grow under the same banner. ie just like the 30anny line keep that card back and just put a sub name like res,poc& roc2 and give us alittle bit of everything new and classic joes under one banner ?

10)
Clearly, Hasbro is not run by retards and most of this is just senseless complaining, but there are often some decisions that even boggle the more sensible of us fans (and I use the term loosely), such as the following: Why, besides when tied to a movie line (i.e. ROC and its inevitable sequel) are the toys that are produced to go along with a media tie-in (such as a cartoon like Resolute and Renegades, for example) released so far from the publication of the series?

11)
PoC and Resolute (at least most of the [non-recycled] characters from each) Joes/Cobras have been the best of what H'bro has put out in the past 5 years, by far. Why? Because many of them are modernized, but with homage paid to the originals. Why can't we H'bro just settle on this approach and run with it? Full production of all new or using limited selective creatively reused parts, unique characters, lots of gear, and a few well designed/properly scaled vehicles per year? Is it really that hard to do?

12)
With Renegades getting cancelled and the short life span of the previous animations, have you considered making 1 shot straight to dvd films? Many fans enjoy the Marvel and DC releases that seem to come out every few months. A GI JOE series would be a nice treat to the fans.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Page 2:

13)
Seeing how recently the GIJCC has gotten a canceled item to sell could this be what we can expect to see in the future instead of finding items with the same status in discount stores?

14)
ok they need to change the waves order numbers as stores order the older stock instead of new cuse how the order numbers are.

15)
Should I get a STD check after cruising with MB for a couple of days?!

16)
Or maybe the better question would be, why not have only shown the concrete stuff at JoeCon, and saved some items for SDCC where they could've gotten a little new buzz, instead of not only not showing anything new, but confirming cancellation on items shown just months prior?

17)
There's also the character-accurate stand as well! But when it boils down to it, the movie-style and even POC-era file cards told dick about the characters. I think at some point, Hasbro should do archived filecards online, in higher resolution, so folks can just print their own damn dossier-styled cards.

18)
Also, is there any way to sneak in alternate heads in the upcoming movie figures, so that we could get something like a classic Heavy Duty design, but in package with a Dwayne Johnson head, but with an alternate green-ball-capped "HD" head as a disguise, or whatever you want to call it?

19.) As rational consumers, we realize that having an actors likeness on a figure will help move product. Along those lines, is there any way to include alternate "ARAH" heads in the figure packaging, so we could get something like a classic Heavy Duty design with a Dwayne Johnson head, but with an alternate green-ball-capped "HD" head as a disguise, or whatever you want to call it?

20.) Many old-time G.I. Joe fans were disappointed with the file-cards content in the "Rise of Cobra" and "Pursuit of Cobra" lines. It felt like much of the heart and soul of who and what "G.I. Joe" was was taken out and replaced with generic descriptions. Is there any plans for a return to the tried-and-true file-card format from the 25th line for the upcoming figure lines?

21.) The new 12" figures are being positioned as direct action-doll's for their respective heroic jobs (Army Paratrooper, Police K-9, First Responder: Firefighter, etc). With the overall positive response to the wonderfully realistically-designed PoC figures (Low-Light, Beach-head, etc), is there any plans to bring this kind of Job-recognition figures to the 1:18th scale?

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
1)
Quote:
How do you compare the fan made customs to the bootlegs coming out from China, is there any problems with selling the bootlegs/repros,since there is no problems selling custom figures. How do you decide from bootleg or custom?

2)(even though this is irrelevent to me I think this should be asked)
Quote:
i think we should re-ask the questions about the extra heads being included, but word it like K-T does...call it "Duke" on the package to make retailers happy in the pants, put a Duke head on it, but make it look like Footloose and include a Footloose head as an excessory

4)
Quote:
Can we please have some significantly better vehicles for RoC2? Those were a huge disappointment in the RoC1 line (particularly the first wave). Movie vehicles should not be rehashed or lame modifications from earlier lines. Why not make fewer, properly scaled vehicles, actually from the movie like a properly scaled Dragonfly (Apache), Tomahawk (Osprey), and VAMP (Cougar MRAP) rather than the poorly executed, undersized and/or rehashed Happy Meal toys that we got?

spare question:
15)
Quote:
Should I get a STD check after cruising with MB for a couple of days?!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I like 1, 9, 12

Also shouldnt 18 say Roadblock and not Heavy Duty. Or is the intent to have 2 different characters in one pack with a simple head swap. not the one character with 2 likenesses. I do like that question as well.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Make sure the answer you pick is what you feel best. We have until Monday next week to decide.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
wouldn't 2 and 18 be the same thing, but in different wording? :confused:

My thoughts too if it is a head thing to make one figure 2 characters

Now if either stated, why not give a movie likeness and a Original likeness as an extra. I would be down for that question. Im not sure i like 2 different charater heads.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Does anyone really want number 7 to happen? They tried that, it was called DTC.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
2 and 18 may be the same. I just took the majority of what could be used from the questions. I didn't screen for duplicates.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
number 2 needs to be re-worded, but i think since they avioded it last time, we should ask them again...

2)
Quote:
i think we should re-ask the questions about the extra heads being included, but word it like K-T does...call it "Duke" on the package to make retailers happy in the pants, put a Duke head on it, but make it look like Footloose and include a Footloose head as an excessory...

6)
Quote:
With "variants" or running changes such as Crocmaster and Blowtorch making their way into our hands into revision cases in the future, is there a chance that we'll see the upcoming Law & Order in more vintage deco as a similar running change/variant? In a previous Q&A, the design team stated that their intent was to release a more vintage version first of any figure before a modernized update, and while the figure is reminiscent of the ARAH figure, he's the most updated of the "ARAH" figures in the upcoming 30th lineup and is the most changed.

12)
Quote:
With Renegades getting cancelled and the short life span of the previous animations, have you considered making 1 shot straight to dvd films? Many fans enjoy the Marvel and DC releases that seem to come out every few months. A GI JOE series would be a nice treat to the fans.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
2 and 18 are actually different ideas. 2 is asking Hasbro to try an end-around on retailers, with head sculpts depicting two different characters. 18 wants a comic/cartoon head of the movie character depicted as an extra.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
2 and 18 are actually different ideas. 2 is asking Hasbro to try an end-around on retailers, with head sculpts depicting two different characters. 18 wants a comic/cartoon head of the movie character depicted as an extra.

thanks KT, that is exactly how I took them. I like the movie/cartoon head question, not two different character heads in one pack.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm the opposite. I'm not concerned about a comic head for a movie figure, I'm worried about Duke or Storm Shadow taking up slot when another character could be done.

My way is a win-win for everyone except weirdos with a filecard fetish.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm the opposite. I'm not concerned about a comic head for a movie figure, I'm worried about Duke or Storm Shadow taking up slot when another character could be done.

My way is a win-win for everyone except weirdos with a filecard fetish.

i'm with you 100%

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe we can combine the questions? They are related in thought.

They've done it in a way with PoC Zartan and Brazilian Vacation Stormshadow, i mean Ninja-Ku.

I guess i just want to see it implemented more often.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Just a heads up too. I noticed this lil' disclaimer for questions at HT.

"Topics open for discussion –Deco Decisions, Design Choices, Design Product Development and Redeco/Retooling.Also, questions pertaining to past and curren Strategy and Marketing.
Topics that cannot be addressed -“When will X toy be made/redesigned/released, Hypothetical, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign Future Movie/Entertainment."

Not only are the shortening the amount of questions but they are also dictating what to ask. Weak.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i've said this before...these Q&As are dumb...they need to just go ahead and tell us what THEY want to tell us...having a whole bunch of sites try and guess (essentially) what they want us to know is just a dumb horse and pony show...

the answers are typically equally as dumb...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's all part of the hasbro mind fuck. They want the tools to believe that they actually have input and that they do these q/a's for the fans.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
They just don't want to say "yea, GI Joe is almost dead. Enjoy the ride". They have to create some hype. That's business.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
no they need to make the product worth the hype not just can everything and have nothing to buy thats just dumb as how will the make money when there is nothing to buy. no wonder joe is almost dead they keep pushing /cancelling product. ie renegades witch i feel bad for the ppl who liked it. i know when res was cut down to a 1hr movie i was sad lol. 2 pushing back the 30anny line. going to have them out the same time as the movie is not smart. 3 betting everything on the movie agin to kick start joe.

the prob is they have no clue what to do for joe as they are listing to the wrong ppl. you cant make a toy line last off a movie. they need a toon for the kids to get in to. look at other lines like TF or even SW they have a toon. and movies now SW is a bit dif as they had movies that have lasted how long? TF is not toon and movie. joe they canned everything that had going for them that was working for that movie and now they are doing it agin. cant they just learn to not bet everything on a movie and to keep new product on the shelves for us to buy.

thats why joe is cant make cash as there is nothing out there to buy so ppl move on to other lines.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
12-5 votes
2-4 votes
1-3 votes
9-2 votes

12)

2)

1)

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
did anybody ask hasbro about why all of the stores are just getting revision packs right now? its getting pretty retarded trying to find new stuff when the same 4 figure are at every store i go to.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That would be a throw away with the new product coming out. That's something that lies on the retailers. They place the orders.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It's all good. Whatever is on the shelf is what the retailers had dealt with. They don't realize what might be hot, they just order.