Hiya Aliens Line

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I mean, unless you just wanted to hear what someone closer to you has to say about them. I can give my two cents, but a detailed review...my camera sucks and I'm not much of a writer.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I was cruising the Chan, and someone has posted that Hiya is getting some trouble with the Predator license from The Mouse.

I know this is old...but...the deal hasn't been completed so there is no connection to Disney with the Predator license as of yet. It's still said it might not even go through...but who knows.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
HIYA Predator figures received, initial thoughts:

-repetition in accessories
These first set of figures are based off the "lost clan" seen at the end of Predator 2 and I believe these are pretty faithful to those characters seen on screen. As such, they didn't have a whole lot of variety as the production team pretty much re-used stuff, so I guess I can't complain....they had what they had.

-some joints are tight.
I tried rotating parts on one and there wasn't much "give". Plus they returned to their original position after a minute or two. I need to use the boil or freeze method to free them as I'm afraid they way they are now, I'll probably twist the body parts clean off.

-Hands are easy to remove, almost too easy.
I worry that with enough switching that they might not stay on at all.

-Hip joints are too tight, just like above, but this seems to be a problem with the T-bar itself. There's another line of figures that have this same issue, I just can't remember what they are. The t-bar seems almost "gummy".

-Accessory size
I don't want to complain about accessories, as a lack of can make you feel like you got ripped off. Some of the weapons are pretty "fiddly", namely the shoulder cannon and the throwing disc. Soooooo small...I see these getting lost easily if one is not careful.

-Figure can't plug onto stand
Just that, I tried two out of three figures and neither of them could plug onto the foot peg. Maybe I need to fiddle with it more.

Overall:

-Paint is great, might be a few joints that are stuck because of it.

-Detail is NUTS!

-Great accessories, although I would have liked to see greater variations in the extra hands....maybe a fist or two. As it is now there's a set of hands to hold the spear, a slightly relaxed pair of hands and a set of "splayed" hands. Those last two look to similar.

-One of the Predators came with a extra terrestrial skull (not the phone home variety). I hope they continue this as I would love to have a small trophy selection to make a display for.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Definitely heat them up. Saw over on the Chan that someone already broke one of theirs.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
They've been pushing back the release of that constantly because they didn't have enough pre-orders...but NOW they have enough??

I believe it when I see it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*it actually comes out
*Drop misses out
*Man blows up online toy seller, film at 11

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
When I see that it's actually going into production and that orders will indeed be filled, than I'll place my order.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sounds like me on the subject of the Dimestore Legends figures.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I was already jerked around for a year and had my money tied up with some company I wasn't even familiar with...didn't care for the situation as a whole.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hiya is just really fucking slow. Ori Toy is the same. I'm thinking Ouying and G.T Toy are gonna be the same. Hurry up and wait.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Ori makes Hiya look like cold molasses at times. Kit will post something is coming and within the week it's up for pre-order. The only thing they've dragged their feet on is that wall truck thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There are some figures that have been in development hell for what feels like years.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Predator finally up for preorder.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/79811?utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing&utm_content=

He looks good def Gona grab this one for my custom Dutch n team

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Yea I heard that NSA that's why I'm only getting 1 lol. I would spend that trying to make a custom to complete my dio. I think 20 to 25 bucks is going to be the norm for all new 1/18 figs sadly. I try to buy loose as much as I can now to keep costs down

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I already have all the Predators they have released so far so I hesitate to say "I'm buying this!!"....but I probably will. I might wait till it's actually in stores and see some youtube reviews first.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The weird thing is is that I'm skipping this for the re-release of NECA's ultimate Jungle Hunter coming in December. 1:18 is my preferred scale, for fuck's sake.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Yea I'm a scale whore as well. Neca makes a fine product but if it's not 1/18 I don't buy it. Blessing and a curse I guess

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
I really wish bbi would pull their heads out of their asses because with all the new kickstarters and new 1/18 scale players like hiya etc I really think they would do really well if they re release their little birds and Blackhawks even if it was just online order only. Oh well a man can dream right

3way

Aug 25, 2018
Well HIYA have told me today that NOVEMBER the APC is coming. So looks like they are keeping their promise. Though till we see SHIPPED notifications, slight trepidation.

3way

Aug 25, 2018
In my opinion and experience, I've found these to be highly inferior to the Neca Alien line.

That is kinda unfair considering HIYA is 1/18th scale and then NECA at 1/10th scale. Though tbh NECA are Not the greatest either. TOYS man, No One produces TOYS to what We truly expect. I think we will Never see anyone produce Toys to our personal standard or expectations.
They are Always going to be the Base to customise from to improve or worse case rob parts from to make our Own.

If you think about it the ONLY 1/18th ALIENS has been the Hot Toys Snap Kits. Great as they were they too had fragile issues.

Unless of course you go via MJ and Joe bodies. Again your not going to get quite the Colonial Marine you wanted from the film.

Personally I don't mind the HIYA marines, removable armour. Posable. A different set of BDU camo. My main beef is the TINY useless helmets.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
3WAY, HIYA has changed the shipping date of the APC like three times now, the most recent was supposed to have been this past August. It's getting pretty aggravating.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
That is kinda unfair considering HIYA is 1/18th scale and then NECA at 1/10th scale. Though tbh NECA are Not the greatest either. TOYS man, No One produces TOYS to what We truly expect. I think we will Never see anyone produce Toys to our personal standard or expectations.
They are Always going to be the Base to customise from to improve or worse case rob parts from to make our Own.

If you think about it the ONLY 1/18th ALIENS has been the Hot Toys Snap Kits. Great as they were they too had fragile issues.

Unless of course you go via MJ and Joe bodies. Again your not going to get quite the Colonial Marine you wanted from the film.

Personally I don't mind the HIYA marines, removable armour. Posable. A different set of BDU camo. My main beef is the TINY useless helmets.
What's unfair is how brittle and fragile these are compared to the Neca ones for close to the same price. I'd rather pay a little more and get the Neca ones which are a lot more durable, have better paint applications, and much more accurate head sculpts. Those are my biggest gripes with this line.