Homeland CIA: SAD Green Coat Humvee

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Inspired by what NSA has been doing lately and from watching "Inside the Green Berets" on NatGeo I decided to customize one of the 2 Humvee's I have.

So my Green Coat Spec Ops are going to need a government issued vehicle which I'm sure they would customize for themselves to roll accross the fruited plains searching out the invaders.

It's a W. I. P. that I started yesterday.

Struggling with the material for the webbing at the back door openings. NSA is that Hockey tape cut into thin strips??

Thinking of mounting the rack from the Veitnam era jeep on the hood. Good place for it or not? What would be stored on the hood?

I hate to steel everything off that jeep but I won't be doing any Nam dios so it will most likely become a Homeland Militia Mad Max Technical.

Still have to weather it.

Thinking of cutting up my daughters old diaper bag in the background for material to drape down on both sides and rear. Wife will kill me but hey it just sis in the closet so I'm claiming it.

Any ideas or critisism please fire away.

Also want to mount the other machine gun at passenger side.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
NSA said he used some straps off a para figures shout...if i were you, i'd go hockey stick tape or masking tape...i like the hockey tape cause it has some texture to it...

where do you two keep getting such good fodder?...that rack mounted on the hood is sweet!

as NSA has shown, the target figures "bravo" have some good fodder

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey brother!!! Nice custom job!!!;)I like the rack on the hood to!!! Im sure your going to have some gear hanging off the side and do some weathering when your done!!! It should like pretty good when your done!!!---RED---

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Rick,

Start with some pictures online, and go from there. That's generally what I did, as I've never been in a HMMWV overseas to figure out how they'd do things.

I put the rack w/ launchers on the hatch up top, so the gunner could quickly grab the rocket launcher if needed, and use it to store things. On the hood they'd be hard pressed to grab one if the situation presented itself.

Also make sure you remove the TOW missile control box (or whatever it is) on the top if you're taking off the TOW launcher.

The raised intake up front is usually paired with the extended snorkel exhaust from what I saw as well.

Is that a PTE HMMWV? I don't think I've ever seen one before! Looking good.. keep up the work!

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Hell...I'm still trying to find one...or... 2 to pacify my needs i have started on a SAS WW-2 jeep untill i get a Hummer

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks guys.

NSA, thanks for the tips. I may keep the raised snorkel as there would be some river crossings. I hear what your saying on the rack with launchers.
Yes, PTE

That's right i should/need to take the control box off. That would give me room for the launchers up top. May leave rack on hood though, I don't know. I'm all confused now, plus looking at it right now cutting that box off ain't going to be so clean either. It may have to stay.

Trying to cut thin strips of that hockey tape sucks ass.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ya know, if you have some paper dust masks laying about you may scavenge the elastic band to use for strapping.

At least i plan on giving it a shot. The nose adjusting strip is highly malleable and will come in handy, as well.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks guys.

NSA, thanks for the tips. I may keep the raised snorkel as there would be some river crossings. I hear what your saying on the rack with launchers.
Yes, PTE

That's right i should/need to take the control box off. That would give me room for the launchers up top. May leave rack on hood though, I don't know. I'm all confused now, plus looking at it right now cutting that box off ain't going to be so clean either. It may have to stay.

Trying to cut thin strips of that hockey tape sucks ass.

lol...cut a lenght off the roll, lay it on a piece of flat plastic, get a nice flat ruler, lay it along the lenght of the piece of tape you cut off and with hard pressure cut a thin strip the width you want with the razor...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eddie, K-T, thanks alot again on the tips.

Hey, I think I found a great webbing for open doors. The mesh snack seperator in my lunch pail. Lay it on the door cut around perimeter, then use hocky tape folded over around perimeter. Looks killer I think.

I'll post pics later.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is looking pretty good so far Rick. If you can do some netting on the back like you mentioned and then weather it you got a winner. Do you have any sand bags for around the gunner? That would probably be a pretty nice touch too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sand bag piles. I'm thinking sculpting your own or buying them from Build-a-Rama would be better.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For the money the PTE sand bags are good, but you guys are right about the buildorama ones. My local Hobby Bunker has some 1:18 ones and then i saw them on your's NSA. I'lll pick those up for this rig.

I'm just impatient and don't have any sculpting skills yet.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

i forgot to mentin this earlier, but i THINK that little box just pops right off...

also, lets see some pics of that netting!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't know man, looks like part of the mold to me. Maybe on the 21rst Century one though.

Here you go.

Check out my spent shells. Cut up the strip that came with the A.W.E. Striker.

Still want to mount the other machine gun on front passenger side by snorkel. Just not sure I want to steal the swinging arm from the PTE Chinese FAV to do it. Would be sweet though.

LMK what you guys think on the webbing.

Also I pulled down and glued backpack shoulder straps to the pack so they look like they should instead of defing gravity

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
OOOooo, the netting came out really nicely...the spent shells is a cool idea...though i'd paint them where they were cut from the belt...

as for the box, maybe the PTE vesion is molded on...the one i'm talking about is C21, and if i remember correctly, it comes off