How are the Maisto Hummers?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I have been noticing these Humvees on Ebay by Maisto, and they look nice, but I do not know how compatible they are with 1/18 action figures. Do any of you guys have a Maisto Humvee? If so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They aren't. You'll be doing major work on the interior or taking the legs off figures so they sit inside.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah, they're just for display only. There's no leg room at all and the doors don't even open out that much without taking them off first. I have all three versions of their hummer in the civilian class/edition. There's the wagon, hard top, & soft top. Exoto makes the same thing with more attention to detail but at a jaw dropping price at limited quantities. I believe they use the same mold/product from Maisto but do all the custom work for you.

Check it out....

http://www.exoto.com/s/1/ProductLis...etype=category&attributeid=204&productID=2781

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I will not be getting one.

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
Some years ago I checked accuracy of overall sizes of the Hummers made by Maisto, by Power Team USA and by Lanard. Surprisingly the Lanard Hummer was the one with the lowest total deviation. The one from Maisto was the worst. Besides not having space for figures with legs, the model was far too low. The Hummer from Power Team USA showed some moderate deviations. Of course that Hummer made by Lanard is not too detailed, in fact rather simple. In particular the wheels are simple plastic. But it was cheap and that is an advantage if you want to make modifications and face the possibility to possibly bust a model in the course of your customization.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Some years ago I checked accuracy of overall sizes of the Hummers made by Maisto, by Power Team USA and by Lanard. Surprisingly the Lanard Hummer was the one with the lowest total deviation. The one from Maisto was the worst. Besides not having space for figures with legs, the model was far too low. The Hummer from Power Team USA showed some moderate deviations. Of course that Hummer made by Lanard is not too detailed, in fact rather simple. In particular the wheels are simple plastic. But it was cheap and that is an advantage if you want to make modifications and face the possibility to possibly bust a model in the course of your customization.

I actually have a Lanard Humvee in desert colors that I got for my birthday a long time ago. That thing was great for GI Joes back then, but unfortunately the foot pegs do not fit newer figures.

A big reason why I always snub buying or using vehicles from the o-ring ages is because the bulk of my collection will not go on those stubby pegs. Other wise I would have repainted and refitted the Cobra Parasite I got from a Good Will for less than a dollar when I was 9 years old.

Someone in the GI Joe community needs to invent a way to make new, post 25th size pegs and place them on the older vehicles that are not too cramped for new figures.