How do you display your planes?

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I just hang them on the wall, what about you?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
WHen they're on display they're in-flight fromn the ceiling.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I hang all my 1:18 planes, most of my Joe planes and helos are on the Flagg.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
As high as the ceiling goes, my friend. No point in keeping them grounded.

I suffer from low ceilings... I miss the house I built, vaulted ceilings baby! Otherwise I'd have them hanging. I've tried displaying them on bookshelves and such but the "wife" would always say then were in the way. So hanging on the wall like a painting seemed to be the only way to go!

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
At least you won't have to worry about dusting them off as often as I do.

Speaking of dusting I actually get on a ladder and use a airbrush to blow the dust off. Then I vacuum the airborne dust immediately afterwords using a small hand vac. It certainly helps speed the process along compared to just taking them down one by one and wiping them off.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
All my aircraft are hung from the ceiling except for the GI Joe Ghoststriker (custom Heroes F-22 with digital camo) which is on the wall like yours.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Ask and ye shall receive:

BBI Hornet

BBI Apache

BBI Black Hawk (since sold to LoadedTomcat, space now reserved for JSI Tomcat - whenever I get around to mounting it)

21st Super Cobra & BBI Viper (ceiling) and custom Ghoststriker (wall)

Sorry, can't get them all into one pic (office is too small). :)

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
damn you guys have some nice toys. Wishing I hadn't had to sell my bbi stuff (only have a little bird left). Great stuff though, displaying them the way I'd like to!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
awesome pics!...

so jealous of the Cobra Dan...

and i'm not in the closet!...and before any ya'll douches say it, i didn't come out of it!...i was never in it!

bastards!

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
awesome pics!...

so jealous of the Cobra Dan...

and i'm not in the closet!...and before any ya'll douches say it, i didn't come out of it!...i was never in it!

bastards!

Not a closet then? What do you prefer?

ambry, bin, buffet, cabinet, cell, chest of drawers, clothes room, cold storage, container, depository, locker, receptacle, recess, repository, room, safe, sideboard, vault, walk-in, wardrobe?

Is it just me or does "despository" just scream "Eddie"?

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Not a closet then? What do you prefer?

ambry, bin, buffet, cabinet, cell, chest of drawers, clothes room, cold storage, container, depository, locker, receptacle, recess, repository, room, safe, sideboard, vault, walk-in, wardrobe?

Is it just me or does "despository" just scream "Eddie"?

HAH!..."depository"...i think that shall be my new code word for, well, you know, MRs neighbors...

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
They stay on just fine if the tab isn't worn.

exactly, that night raven is just like new. Even the landing gear feels like it was just out of the package yesterday. The drone has been off maybe 5 times at the most

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
How did you fasten to the wall?

fishing tackle!

I've got a soft piece of material between the hook and the plane (omitted here) to reduce any stress on the contact point, but they hold up very well.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
They stay on just fine if the tab isn't worn.

exactly, that night raven is just like new. Even the landing gear feels like it was just out of the package yesterday. The drone has been off maybe 5 times at the most

Mine is in good shape but I wouldn't trust it. I don't have the scratch to replace a vintage NR!

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Hook, line, and sinker....+ thumb tack. lol:D

I've always used the cable stuff (as a main line) so I don't worry about the knots coming undone and for added piece of mind. I've used regular line to support wings or for making a dramatic bank look.

Last edited:

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
MOst of my helicopters are hanging from the ceiling.
My planes and a couple helicopters are in a huge glass display cabinet I bought from a hobby store and a bunch of other planes are on shelves.
I have too much stuff.

Pics! Damn it people I showed you mine! ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really need to dust these motherfuckers.

*deletes photo of Box 'o Cobra parts*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've come close to trading my Huey for lame Joe stuff a couple of times. Glad I held off.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I've got some not so lame stuff (well maybe some) I'll gladly trade! :)

Nice stuff guys, show more if you can!