IM3 3.75" Figures

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Just as I'm quick to bust on Mattel for their horrid excuses for 4" figures, here comes Hasbro to show us that they too can play the shitty-movie-figure game.

It's 1977 again. Long live the t-crotch.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=15613

5 POA. In all honestly, this is a deal breaker for me. Then don't even bend at the elbow. I don't care what the sculpts or decos look like. I will not buy t-crotches. Never ever. Not even on clearance.

The ghosts of kenner clearly designed this line.

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
They better be Big lots/dollar-store Ironman 3 figures like this drone here from Ironman 2 a few years back:

and not regular retail figures which have the full Ironman2 level of articulation...

... if not, they done fucked up now.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Looks like the Iron Patriot will be celebrating 4th of July the same way my Chap Mei figures sometimes do. There is nothing more magical than an expendable figure, some tape, and a big ass rocket!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno why, an IM3 line isn't likely to have anything I want in it, but are we certain these aren't a deluxe subline, and ToyFair is gonna unveil the regular figures?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck me running. IM3 is a total loss. *shakes head*

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Can't wait for Hasbro to do this to the GI Joe, Marvel Universe, and Star Wars lines, oh wait they already did it to Star Wars. The articulation purge has begun! The end is nigh!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't think Joe will ever be this bad. Iron man, captain America, Spider-Man, and Thor aren't exactly huge collector lines. Hasbro has been selling cheapo ironman and Spider-Man figures for years before the movie lines and obviously know they'll make more profit on those because kids will still want those.

Joe is almost exclusively a collector line or a 2nd generation line. They couldn't get away with it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
You just wait.. look at the Retaliation drivers! I think they have the same 5 POA.

If somehow the IM3 figures sell.. or at least turn a profit, don't be surprised if the 'powers that be' decide that's the way forward for all lines! Hell, Disney might even OK it with Star Wars at this point..

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
You just wait.. look at the Retaliation drivers! I think they have the same 5 POA.

If somehow the IM3 figures sell.. or at least turn a profit, don't be surprised if the 'powers that be' decide that's the way forward for all lines! Hell, Disney might even OK it with Star Wars at this point..

Just because its the already cheapo drivers doesn't mean it will happen to the single packs. As much as people bitch, Hasbro knows what they can get away with. As we're complaining about these figures, the regular MU line upgraded their articulation and some Star Wars are coming out with added articulation to the swivel wrists. They're recognizing what the core audience is for each line and making cuts where needed. For all we know, the 5 point articulation for this line creates savings that allows them to preserve the articulation and sales of the adult collector lines.