Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret - CHAPTER TWO!!!

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
I can't tell you all how much I appreciate the FANTASTIC response you guys gave the first chapter of this story.

I hope you all like the second!

edited to add - Yikes, this is a long one and spills over to the second page!

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pretty damn rad.

2 requests. 1: Close up pic of that Kali (?) statue. 2: Source figure for the back cover of that Yank magazine (that's a very cool detail).

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
Pretty damn rad.

2 requests. 1: Close up pic of that Kali (?) statue. 2: Source figure for the back cover of that Yank magazine (that's a very cool detail).

Do you mean the Mayan statues in the final scene? The tall pillars? Or one of the smaller statues from the scene in the "church" in the beginning?

The figure on the back of the yank magazine is actually a Bettie Page (or at least Bettie-esque look-alike) keychain. Got it on ebay, so no idea its origin or availability. It is pretty much 1:18 scale, though.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Your really nailing the essence of Indy. I heard him say Late Gupta in my head and saw him make that face only Harrison Ford can make before he threw the idol.

Your sets are once again kliller! The props are awesome. I love the Egyptian Sarcaphagus. Special effects are great too.

Great story kicking here.

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
Your really nailing the essence of Indy. I heard him say Late Gupta in my head and saw him make that face only Harrison Ford can make before he threw the idol.

Your sets are once again kliller! The props are awesome. I love the Egyptian Sarcaphagus. Special effects are great too.

Great story kicking here.

Wow, I consider that VERY high praise and I really appreciate it! Delighted you're enjoying the story! Thanks very much for the comments. The whole "Throwing the artifacts" was an idea that occurred to me literally while shooting the scene, after I had dressed the "set" with all my little do-dads and accessories. But it felt very "Indy" to me, so I'm glad you dug it!

Fantastic Story!

Thank you for reading and commenting!!! Much appreciated!

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
Okay, guys! Because of K-Tiger's question about images of the statue, I went back to look at the first chapter so I could direct him to some better pictures of the Mayan pillar - only to discover that the first chapter was missing 15 whole frames!

Most of it concerned the discovery of the mysterious Mayan pillar and Sgt. Lee wondering about it.

Since this is echoed directly at the end of Chapter 2 with Indy's similar discovery, I went back and tried to fix the problem in the first chapter (but had to drop a couple of "non-essential" frames to make it all fit).

For the sake of clarity, I'm posting the relevant scene here so you can take a quick glance at it and see how it all ties together.

VERY SORRY about the goof.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Do you mean the Mayan statues in the final scene? The tall pillars? Or one of the smaller statues from the scene in the "church" in the beginning?

The figure on the back of the yank magazine is actually a Bettie Page (or at least Bettie-esque look-alike) keychain. Got it on ebay, so no idea its origin or availability. It is pretty much 1:18 scale, though.

First and third panels, she's standing on the square crates, holding a trident.

As for the key chain:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_archive/items/PinUp_Poison_Ivy_2_Keychain.asp

Apparently from some kind of Dutch comic/magazine.

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
The intrigue. No worries on the mishap bro. We will call it an extra scene from the Blue Ray.

Heh. I just wish it wasn't a scene that was so plot-heavy. :)

This is so much fun to read/ watch. If only they had consulted you for the fourth movie- so much better than Crystal Skull.

Thanks very much! Very glad you're enjoying it!

Hey, do you think you could call Spielberg for me and pass that on?

;)

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
First and third panels, she's standing on the square crates, holding a trident.

Oh, right. That one. Um, I don't have any good pictures of that. I think it's Shiva, but I'm not sure. I'll try to take one when I'm shooting the next chapter, which I really need to get moving on!

That statue, along a couple others like the Buddha that Indy chucks at the assassin, were bought at one of those New Age-y type stores. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm always on the look out for extra artifacts for Indy and pals.

As for the key chain:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_archive/items/PinUp_Poison_Ivy_2_Keychain.asp

Apparently from some kind of Dutch comic/magazine.

Wow, nice find. But, "Poison Ivy"? Don't get the name. Is she supposed to be the Batman Poison Ivy? I call b.s., as she doesn't look anything like that character.

Like I said, I think she's just a "just generic enough to avoid licensing issues" Bettie Page.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, there's one of those at the mall. May have to check that out. I'm the same when it comes to "artifacts".

As for the Poison Ivy thing, no clue. Definitely no relation to the DC character. It's probably explained in the comic I mentioned.

Lance Quazar

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2011
Man, there's one of those at the mall. May have to check that out. I'm the same when it comes to "artifacts".

As for the Poison Ivy thing, no clue. Definitely no relation to the DC character. It's probably explained in the comic I mentioned.

Wow, fascinating! That company, Demons & Merveilles, makes all KINDS of racy statues, figurines and collectibles.

Some based on comics, some not. Possible "Poison Ivy" is just their name for that "character."

Thank you for opening up a whole new world for me!

(There are even variants on "Ivy" in different poses! Time to hit ebay!)

:D