Joe Con 2013

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Good lord you're bonkers! :D

If those were at retail, I might pick them up for fodder purposes, but they do nothing for me nostalgia wise...

The Frag and SAW are the only ones I'm even remotely interested in...

But thanks anyway for trying to temp me with that apple you snake

Well, I've got a bagged set, and if I can sell off the Joes to someone, you want those 6 Cobras? I'm sure I could sell the remainders easily. Someone's bound to want Albino Snake Eyes, Poison Ivy and Rave-Viper.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Well, I've got a bagged set, and if I can sell off the Joes to someone, you want those 6 Cobras? I'm sure I could sell the remainders easily. Someone's bound to want Albino Snake Eyes, Poison Ivy and Rave-Viper.

If you want to break it up, I might be persuaded to take one of each...I'm no army builder (except for BATs :D)

I might take Repeater. :thumbsup:

He does have a fantastic head sculpt doesn't he?...pop it onto that bashed figure consisting of a RoC Footloose (I think) torso with the vest from the TRU Spirit and you've got one fine v1 Repeater!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I spoke too soon. Just had time to break out both the bagged and boxed sets and compare them to pics to make sure they came with all parts, and sure enough, I'm missing two items.

I'm missing the large scanner cone (the one that attaches to the Sci-Fi detector thing) from both my Psyche-Outs. Which, oddly, is one of the better figures from the set. Other than being a tad squat-necked, he's a pretty good looking figure, considering the original figure is horrific looking.

Time to go browse HT to see if it's a common problem, then to mail the Club to send the replacement. Sigh.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
...aaaand it does seem to be a recurring problem. Apparently the sets folks got at the Convention had the red cone stuck in with the figure, and it wasn't sent with the bagged parts. I just emailed them, I guess I'll get the replacement sometime in the next two weeks that I'm out of town.

Everyone who gets these sets, make sure to check them. Doesn't sound like any of the Psyche-Outs came with full gear, at least any of the Homefront Heroes sets.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Write them again and tell them your Repeaters are missing their heads :D

Sure is a good thing this Club place rarely has issues or otherwise they might lose customers

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Write them again and tell them your Repeaters are missing their heads :D

Haha. Repeater is boss. The only thing I don't like about him are issues from the Roadblock mold. I hate those stupid rocker ankles, and I don't like that he has 2 peg holes showing on both hips. Kind of annoying that Hasbro made those so prominent without a patch to go over them. I'll have to add some of the spare cast pouches over them to fix it. As much as I want ARAH v1-colored versions of Spearhead, Repeater, Muskrat and Hit N Run, I gotta say that Repeater and Psyche-Out look better in their NF deco. Definitely Psyche-Out, I don't even want the V1 colors of him.

Muskrat and Charbroil's blue looks WAY better in person. I'm sure if you photograph it, it'll come out looking like Sparkle Princess glitter blue, but it looks okay in person. If I can get a casting of the hat and vest, I'll just replace those and call it a day on Muskrat. He looks great, except for the blue, which ain't so bad after all.

The Frag-Vipers and S.A.W.-Vipers just don't do it for me like I thought they would. The Frags are actually fairly accurate, considering their vintage ones were goofy as fuck, but the heads don't tilt (just spin left and right) and it looks like they are indeed just the vintage heads. They sculpt still works because it's a helmet, but the neck issue is crummy. Charbroil's helmet looks bad, and Spearhead's gun looks silly with the giant vintage handle. The rest of the ARAH recast/retooled parts look okay. (Unlike ICEBERG! GAH!) :whatever:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You can only fit 15 images in, eh?

And yes I dislike rocker ankles. They work well on ninjas and women, but not on everybody. I dislike them, honestly. The poses are almost more unnatural than the old ankle types if you're trying to bend the foot forward.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah fifteen...that BS!

But I hear ya on the loss of the other ankle articulation to gain a rocker...I like making my own so that I still get both...

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I just noticed they have the boxed con sets in the store. I don't know if this is news...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I just noticed they have the boxed con sets in the store. I don't know if this is news...

Hadn't seen that, although I got both a bagged and boxed set.

Which, btw, if anyone's wanting a set without the pesky box, I've got a complete bagged set with replacement feet for H&R and with the missing cone for Psyche-Out. ;)