JOE CON FLORIDA 2011

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I have to agree. If Pedo Dial was at the store he would go in first release since it would be short packed and distribution would be shotty but then he'd sit when he's put 3 to a case in a revision wave.

Since it's the club, he goes for bank.

I do like how the Moccasin looks in that color. Not tactical by any means but some nice detail. The CC is a neat collectors piece although I would put him in a diorama right away.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think the carded version looks great. For presentation purposes, I'd be ecstatic with one. The single-carded one is going to be lackluster though because I'm probably going to just use his head and gear on my previous custom.

I'm also considering just leaving the bagged one bagged and getting one of the Brazil ones for just the head and gear.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Love the stinger! Don't care much for the drive. The two pack looks great too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Goddammit!

I was going to get that Claymore on eBay because it was $60 (which I'd said was my top price), and I watched it all the train ride home and got on my computer the second I got home, and I got all the way to the Paypal payment confirmation (BIN, but the seller required immediate payment, wtf) and some asshat sniped it at the last minute.

Blarg.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Goddammit!

I was going to get that Claymore on eBay because it was $60 (which I'd said was my top price), and I watched it all the train ride home and got on my computer the second I got home, and I got all the way to the Paypal payment confirmation (BIN, but the seller required immediate payment, wtf) and some asshat sniped it at the last minute.

Blarg.

And thus it begins.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And thus it begins.

Claymore's the only must-have for me from the set. I got a raise today at the very end of the day, so it was going to be my "gift" to myself. It wasn't so much that someone else bought it, it was the timing. Seriously, someone snagged it right as I was? The hell.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Did I mention I copped a Claymore today? Sucks because I had to pay immediately. Who does that?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Nah, I honestly only want the Cobra Commander. I would not mind the red Moccasin but that CC is a neat nod to the original one.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, it's a bit steep. I love how the description says "NOTICE: I will not ship until I get back. I drove all the way and attended the convention so you didn't have to."

Yeah, and you're charging $100 for a $20 repaint, and I'm sure you're already making most of your money back by what you're selling.

I swear, the year I finally go to JoeCon, I'm not selling a damn thing, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of every dime that I spent. What jackasses we share this hobby with.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Just looked up what the stinger is going for... Looks like I will most likely not be getting that. Unless I can find somebody awesome that doesn't want my arm or leg. In need those dammit!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Just let the craze die down SR. It's always bad the first few days. Once people pay too much you can probably get it fairly reasonable.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Just got back from the drunk tank guys, it was a joe social explosion, i'm beat. A bunch of nerds took over ESPN for an evening. I'll get some more pics and banter up tomorrow fella's, out!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I am guessing the Python Patrol Stinger is going for 500 dollars or so?

Pity, as it would be nice to have but I am not about to pay that kind of cash for it!!!

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
man when i was there last yr ppl got the stuff went to there room and ebayed it then went back and bought more to sell as they have all the cont sets there to buy after you get the first set. its crazy.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got a PP Tele-Viper and Trooper, 1 each, for like $18. It was from the same seller, so shipping will be combined and I figure to have one each of those ugly bastards, it will at least complete my novelty set of the "old team". I actually don't have a CG, so I'll have to track one of those ugly bastards down.

Anything over $20, screw that, those guys are not worth it. I just happened to see them together and figured, what the hell.

I also said screw it, I like that Wet-Suit, and it was also from the same seller. The Joe set, although while I think it's actually decent and better than the Cobra set, is probably done except for Claymore. He's been rather hard to find, so far. (I know, it's early, but I've only seen one dude unload him, and I missed out on that one).

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Just got back from the drunk tank guys, it was a joe social explosion, i'm beat. A bunch of nerds took over ESPN for an evening. I'll get some more pics and banter up tomorrow fella's, out!

Can you take pics of the Diorama? Also, what does the 2 exclusive T-Shirts look like (Python Patrol and Adventure Team)?

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I got a PP Tele-Viper and Trooper, 1 each, for like $18. It was from the same seller, so shipping will be combined and I figure to have one each of those ugly bastards, it will at least complete my novelty set of the "old team". I actually don't have a CG, so I'll have to track one of those ugly bastards down.

Anything over $20, screw that, those guys are not worth it. I just happened to see them together and figured, what the hell.

I also said screw it, I like that Wet-Suit, and it was also from the same seller. The Joe set, although while I think it's actually decent and better than the Cobra set, is probably done except for Claymore. He's been rather hard to find, so far. (I know, it's early, but I've only seen one dude unload him, and I missed out on that one).

I think I have a CG if you need him Rex. I'll look when I get home later.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think I have a CG if you need him Rex. I'll look when I get home later.

Sweet tatas. I even passed the homely thing up in Marshalls, but at the time I wasn't going to be able to complete the PP in any format, so I said screw it.

But I ain't payin' a dime over cost plus shippin'!

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Sweet tatas. I even passed the homely thing up in Marshalls, but at the time I wasn't going to be able to complete the PP in any format, so I said screw it.

But I ain't payin' a dime over cost plus shippin'!

What is costs these days?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You will pay shipping? I thought you were entitled to the figure since they were eventually found for discount prices. :D

Shipping is a bear though. The figure was $4 and shipping to your location is like $25 for parcel post. DC# is extra. Pay pal as a gift too please. Oh, and that is the loose cost. Carded is $8 more. I'm a power seller though!

If you do want it though let me know. I might be able to ship it later today. I'm doing a ROSS run after work but should make it back in time to hit the post office. I just have to make sure I still have a few of the fugly bugger. I think I saw 2 on my last inventory.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What is costs these days?

Oh I dunno, it's a running joke between us cost-plus-shipping scalpers.

I would even take an opened one, since that's what I'll be doing. I actually split up my PP Copperhead for a Sarge custom, but I never liked him being the "leader" anyway. I only really want the silly troop-builders for a "Hall of Shame" display, or maybe a funny dio.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
$5 shipped ok? If so send me your info and if it's still there I'll get it ready. Might be monday when it goes though. Gotta' get to ROSS so I can make bank! It's a 50 mile round trip.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You will pay shipping? I thought you were entitled to the figure since they were eventually found for discount prices. :D

Shipping is a bear though. The figure was $4 and shipping to your location is like $25 for parcel post. DC# is extra. Pay pal as a gift too please. Oh, and that is the loose cost. Carded is $8 more. I'm a power seller though!

If you do want it though let me know. I might be able to ship it later today. I'm doing a ROSS run after work but should make it back in time to hit the post office. I just have to make sure I still have a few of the fugly bugger. I think I saw 2 on my last inventory.

I meant Ross prices, minus tax. It better be MoMC too!!!

I'm in no rush but I'll hit you up later about it. He really is the most ghastly of the bunch, and that is saying a LOT. Ronald McDonald Guard is more like it.