Joe FPS

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
nope... sorry but cant stand this idea.. a third person squad based shooter absolutely.
a turn based strategy game..definatly.
I love FPS games but i dont want to see my joes get one. why.. i like to see my joes, i like having a squad i control. when i played joes as a kid i never played with 30 other kids. each of us controlling one guy. it would be me and my brother we both had our teams and we go up against cobra. i want something thatl bring back the feeling of that. a third person squad based shooter may, a turned based strategy game similar to Valkeria Chronicles definatly would.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
If it was done in the same vein as the Star Wars Republic Commando, I would be all over it. That was probably the best FPS game I have played in a long time now...and it's way out dated at this point.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I would play it no matter what. If it looked good and got good reviews, it would be a week 1 purchase. If it sucked... I would pick it up on the cheap a year or 2 down the road.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
EA distributes Hasbro games...

All they'd have to do is create a DLC pack for Battlefield 3 with new skins for vehicles and soldiers...Joes vs. Cobras. Green Shirts / Steel Brigade vs. Blue Shirts, Vipers. etc.

Charge 1500MS points and see what happens. If it sold like crazy, then they could gauge whether or not a GI Joe game would sell on it's own.

Granted, third person shooters allow you to see your character, a Brothers in arms type game for GI Joe would have a really small audience I think.

I still think an RTS would be ridiculous, or give me a mod for the Total War series - even better.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
More important than seeing your character shoot someone, is seeing the one you're shooting.

FPS? Hell yes!

captinbaer1

unregistered sex offender
Sep 16, 2011
New york, NY
nope... sorry but cant stand this idea.. a third person squad based shooter absolutely.
a turn based strategy game..definatly.
I love FPS games but i dont want to see my joes get one. why.. i like to see my joes, i like having a squad i control. when i played joes as a kid i never played with 30 other kids. each of us controlling one guy. it would be me and my brother we both had our teams and we go up against cobra. i want something thatl bring back the feeling of that. a third person squad based shooter may, a turned based strategy game similar to Valkeria Chronicles definatly would.

I know what you mean, I'm a army builder and love company of heroes/ age of empires

what about a mount and blade style

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It would have to be a good game. I've never been a fan of blindly buying any piece of shit with a Joe logo on it. Apparently I'm uncommon in that respect.

However, seeing as Joe generally doesn't have the stroke to warrant a video game at all, very much less a GOOD game, it's a moot point. Better hope Retaliation is "fucking awesome" to just more than half of the online collecting community.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Do it like Last gens Freedom Fighters: Battle for Liberty.

And have it set in various Cobra Occupied levels and go nuts with your hand picked Squad from the roster. Have some Co-op in there too I guess, but not at the expense of a glorious single player romp that's got enough leeway for tactics and experimentation with multiple maps through levels and objectives that have an effect on surrounding levels.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
I know what you mean, I'm a army builder and love company of heroes/ age of empires

what about a mount and blade style

id be all over a company of heroes style joe game, or a brothers in arms style game.
your standard call of duty style shooter id pass.. im a huge COD fan but i dont want a joe game that way.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
if they did a Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (like the pc version not the shitty console one) version of Gi Joe (a thinking mans shooter) thatd be sick.
strategy, recon, tactics, stealth.. all the elemants for the joes would be covered at that point. and youd have the freedom to go about the mission however you saw fit.

hidden & dangerous would make a good template for a joe game. 3rd person view huge roster of characters to use. 4 man squad. can control each character individually or as a unit.

freedom fighters would work. makes the game easier to play that way kids can get into it.

conflict dessert storm would work as a good template for a joe game. another 3rd person squad base shooter. theyd just need to allow roster selection as wll as a few of the others i mentioned.

for me the closest thing ive played to a decent gi joe game would be conflict: global terror. not the greatest game in the world but for me it had a closer feel to gi joe then any of the FPS games ive played.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
if they did a Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (like the pc version not the shitty console one) version of Gi Joe (a thinking mans shooter) thatd be sick.
strategy, recon, tactics, stealth.. all the elemants for the joes would be covered at that point. and youd have the freedom to go about the mission however you saw fit.

hidden & dangerous would make a good template for a joe game. 3rd person view huge roster of characters to use. 4 man squad. can control each character individually or as a unit.

freedom fighters would work. makes the game easier to play that way kids can get into it.

conflict dessert storm would work as a good template for a joe game. another 3rd person squad base shooter. theyd just need to allow roster selection as wll as a few of the others i mentioned.

for me the closest thing ive played to a decent gi joe game would be conflict: global terror. not the greatest game in the world but for me it had a closer feel to gi joe then any of the FPS games ive played.

Those are some excellent ideas, I forgot about the 2 Conflict Desert Storm games.

Did anyone play the recent Ghost Recon game?

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
Did anyone play the recent Ghost Recon game?

it was alright.. i didnt care for the cover system at all.. i found myself getting stuck to walls i had no intention of sticking to. why they didnt use a bumber button like they do with rainbow six i have no idea. had they fixed the cover system id still be playing it.