JoeCon 2011 Sparta Review

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
We know her as Cover Girl, in Brazil and Argentina she is known as Sparta. Since this JoeCon exclusive set is Mission Brazil 2, this figure gets the Sparta name. This Secret Agent specializes in Undercover Operations and is a Munitions Expert. She was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I, like many collectors will use her as my default Cover Girl.

Sparta comes with a Sniper Rifle, Pistol, 2 peg stand and a File card. The figure is wearing a light brown uniform with a green belt and green boots. She is also wearing a black undershirt that matches her belt buckle. The paint applications on my figure is flawless and the head sculpt is one of the best looking of any female figure in the modern Joe line. I believe that the head is from the DTC Cover Girl from a few years back. The head has excellent range of motion both side to side and up and down. She has long, curly, flowing hair. She does have a back hole however it's blocked by her hair. Overall, I'm happy with the look of the figure however it would have been much better if Sparta would have had her traditional dark brown jacket on.

My Sparta has one major issue. My figure came with no right hand!!! That's right, my Sparta has a left hand where she should have a right one. This is a major bummer and every time I look at the figure, that's all I can look at. Of course production errors happens all the time across every toy line, however when it comes to a limited rare exclusive, it just plain sucks. This is also frustrating because of the lack of a handle on her sniper rifle. I've seen production photo's a Sparta holding her rifle in her right hand, I assume that hand is more equipped since the left hand can barely hold the gun. Her pistol fits perfectly in her left hand.

It's nice to have a Modern Cover Girl in my collection. Hopefully one day we will get a more accurate one, maybe from the Club.

7 out 10

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
My favorite thing is, after all the crap you went through, you got a bum right hand. That is awesome in a very unfortunate way for you, man.

Is the peg on the arm, or the hand? I'll see if I have a spare Mutt Williams left, whose hand is small and should work if you need it. Or you could get a ROC figure with the same hands... Sucks you have to fix it, but it'd drive me nuts.

Besides that, she's a great figure. All she needs is the sleeves (arms) to be cast in brown, with the DTC jacket and a lighter paint job on the shirt (so the pants and top are 2 different colors) and the Club has themselves a more proper Cover-Girl. Who I definitely think we'll see down the road, as they'd be stupid not to do it.

Actually, besides your right hand issue, the only thing I could possibly see, is that the foot peg looks to be black? Or is that from the pics?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i really hope that someone sees fit to do a CG...but honestly, not with this torso...its really bland looking compared to what they've been doing lately...the head looks good though...

nice review though MW

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, with a jacket and a couple small details (and a new right hand) she'd make a sweet Cover Girl for sure.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Nice review, and I feel for you on the factory error, that sucks.

This is by far the best figure of the set, IMO. I bought a spare to customize into a true CG using the jacket from brokenarrow:
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=986

(haven't decided if I'm going to try to swap the hair or not). But the DTC head was a perfect choice. I had considered doing that myself, but the club beat me to it and saved me the trouble. Overall, it shows that they can produce a good looking female figure, and gives me hope that we'll never see another troll like RoC CG ever again.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
My favorite thing is, after all the crap you went through, you got a bum right hand. That is awesome in a very unfortunate way for you, man.

Is the peg on the arm, or the hand? I'll see if I have a spare Mutt Williams left, whose hand is small and should work if you need it. Or you could get a ROC figure with the same hands... Sucks you have to fix it, but it'd drive me nuts.

Besides that, she's a great figure. All she needs is the sleeves (arms) to be cast in brown, with the DTC jacket and a lighter paint job on the shirt (so the pants and top are 2 different colors) and the Club has themselves a more proper Cover-Girl. Who I definitely think we'll see down the road, as they'd be stupid not to do it.

Actually, besides your right hand issue, the only thing I could possibly see, is that the foot peg looks to be black? Or is that from the pics?

yea bro, isn't that just a bitch? I'll have to check the hand again but I think the peg is in the arm. Thanks for the offer, I'll check around and see what I can come up with. I can't appreicate the good looking figure cuz I can't get over her deformed hand. It's like dating a knockout but she has large feet and instead of enjoying her banging body, all you can do is freak out over her man feet. Yes, the foot peg is black.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Peg is in the hand, as it's a straight line reuse of the RoC blue BDU Scarlett.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That is gold right there! ^^^

Of course after all you had to do in order to get that set you get a screwed up figure. Someone does not like you. Great review MW. Thank you for sharing.

prolly karma for being such a horrible human being :rolleyes: Thanks.

great review mw!

Thanks Mate.

i really hope that someone sees fit to do a CG...but honestly, not with this torso...its really bland looking compared to what they've been doing lately...the head looks good though...

nice review though MW

It's not awful, thanks.

Yeah, with a jacket and a couple small details (and a new right hand) she'd make a sweet Cover Girl for sure.

I agree bro