July banner theme - Against all odds

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Why so early to announce a theme? Because this one is going to be more than just a picture. Rules are:

1) Picture entered must be from a diorama

2) When making the entry thread, there must be a link to the diorama thread

3) Picture must be from a situation within the diorama where the odds are stacked against an individual or people. Ambushed? Surrounded? Injured? Call in support? Whatever it is, they need to make it out of the situation alive.

4) Air and ground support are acceptable. They can also fight their way out.

5) The picture is just one scene from the diorama so make sure when making it to keep in mind specs.

"Why all the extra work MAJOR?" Why? Because there will be a freebie to the winner. Right now it will be a Zombie Viper, Shock Trooper or weapons pack. If I can find any extras, there could be other figure options. Right now, those three listed are what is up for grabs.

Picture can be from a previous diorama but if that is used then free item is voided.

Oh yea, there needs to be at least 5 entries in order for the freebie to be released. Any less than 5, it's just a regular ass banner contest.

You have about 50 days for this. Do not start a "July banner entry" thread until June is over please.

Questions and comments are welcomed.

EDIT: Single shot pictures will be welcomed but are not eligible for freebie MB

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*reads "stipulations"*

*Picture entered must be from a diorama*

*passes*

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I've already been bleeding all my dio money on the hopefully inevitable dinosaur banner theme.

EDIT: I might throw together a Halo shot for this, but it's not the right scale, and it won't be a dio. I openly accept its ineligibility for the prize.

Last edited:

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
ok, so, i'd imagine that we would have to take multiple pics and keep posing the figures to show the hunted getting away?, like a stop motion?

like this aint gonna be one pic dio?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It can just be a regular dio. Frames don't have to be stop motion like. As long as it gets the point across. Like I said, the picture can be one shot but it will void getting a freebie. I'll adjust the first post to reflect that.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
So does a Diorama have to be something made inside? You know like Ricks stuff? Or can a Diorama be a picture taken outside so long as it is made to look as realistic as possible?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So does a Diorama have to be something made inside? You know like Ricks stuff? Or can a Diorama be a picture taken outside so long as it is made to look as realistic as possible?

Ok wise ass. Lol

shoot it any way you like. I wish I cold shoot more outdoors.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I feel yer pain Rick...I can't take a pic without some hint of urban in the background...a fence, a telephone pole, a roof, etc etc...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, my yard sucks. Living along the coast the lots aren't that wide so I have fences and walls on each side and a short patio against another wall holding up a hillside. I can't shoot outside at home. I could go up the hillside, but that would leave me exposed to about 4 homes with a clear view of a 43 year old guy in PJ's playing with toy trucks and figures for everyone to see.

I'd rather just have a security guard roll up on me in an abandoned parking lot than have my neighbors commit me.