the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Update from the previous Kickstarter
Hi Everyone,
We may have been quiet over the last few months but we have been hard at work, and we are going to have exciting news to share in the next few weeks about INVICTA Challenge.
INVICTA Challenge is coming together but we still need your help. We will be launching a new Kickstarter in early June, a few days before D-Day. Our goal between now and then is to rally a community of people to support the campaign, and to drive social media on the whole project.
So please keep an eye out for updates. The product is even better than before, and we will have lots to share, including more photos, videos and product samples.
Thank you for supporting us so far. With your help we can achieve a worthy goal - telling true leadership stories that get kids reading and that inspire kids to reach their fullest potential in life.

GIJoey

Enlisted
Mar 11, 2013
If we do Stonewall, he will come with a crate of 1/18th lemons.

In all seriousness, I do plan to let the community drive the character and leader selections, especially over time. I learned at least that much in the toy world!

Thanks for the comments.

At that point I'm in! I have a Stonewall Figure but it's 12 inch from several years ago. Forgot who made it.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
God dammit, the scale change coming unannounced is just dickheadery. There was never any indication given he thought it had to be pulled due to Turner being 18th and to make that essentially the only thing he changes is just a kick in the balls. Fuck this, and fuck him.

And it's not gone unnoticed this is the second time this has happened to a 4H line, either. So I'm eagerly awaiting their next move with the PowerLords line...

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, I was totally taken aback by the scale change and very disappointed. Not sure if there is a large consumer base for a 1:12 military figure but I could be wrong.

I noticed this was the second line that underwent a scale change by the 4H too.
Power Lords would actually be pretty difficult to change scale since the last figure was actually sculpted to scale. Not to say that couldn't happen though... Or even doing a couple figures like Lord Power or the Power Soldiers in 1:12 could be a possibility and to be honest I haven't really followed the 4H after they changed the scale of Mythic Legions right before they started their campaign.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only domestic 1:12 military lines I can recall are Plan B's and McFarlane's, both of which long predate the rise of Battlefield and Call of Duty as IP juggernauts. There's also that line that has yet to do the Kickstarter campaign. The one that totally bit the Storm Shadow look.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
And frankly, looking at the grand total, contributors, and per-unit average price numbers between the HACKS and Mythic Legions KSes, I don't really think it's supportable that the 12th market is any bigger or more worth servicing than 18th.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The only domestic 1:12 military lines I can recall are Plan B's and McFarlane's, both of which long predate the rise of Battlefield and Call of Duty as IP juggernauts. There's also that line that has yet to do the Kickstarter campaign. The one that totally bit the Storm Shadow look.

both of those properties seem like such a no brainer it's not even funny.

I would have thought Titanfall would have been another great line to have figures on...I even bought the first threezero 1:12 Atlas...haven't even opened it up yet...it's gonna be too big I'm afraid and I'd rather leave it sealed and try to sell it at some point.