Kit bashing Neo Vipers.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
So I've been experimenting with the three or for ROC Neo Viper bodies that have been laying inside a box full of joes for years now. I like the old 25th Anniversary vipers, but they're kind of lame standing next to some the glorious stuff from the POC and 30th lines. On top of that their arms and leg articulation is kind of weird. I'd just replace them with POC/30th vipers, but that can cost a pretty penny these days. So I decided that I needed to recycle the 25th and ROC figures and make a new updated squad of vipers. I figured that since there was an abundance of ROC Neo Viper stuff laying around, that maybe I could do a gear and head swap, with some painting, and that would be it. Unfortunately that's not how this played out. Turns out that the 25th figures were really skinny, and had small heads and short necks. The vests don't fit very well, and the necks look a little long with 25th Viper heads. Now I'm thinking that I should break open the figures, paint the 25th Viper bodies and helmets black, and give them the ROC Neo Viper limbs.

The worst looking one.

Only now do I realize how amazing the POC Snake Eyes vest is. It unbottons on both sides! If I had like four of these in black, I'd just paint the Viper helmets black and go with it.

It seems like Low-Light's jacket works better on the ROC Neo Viper body than on the POC beach head body.

I now wish I had more Iron Grenadier heads and Crimson Horseman jackets. The Neo Viper arms aren't perfect, but they're more functional than the POC firefly arms.

These three are in my opinion the best kit bashes I could make using the Neo Viper bodies. The long neck on the far left viper is detracted by his bulkier web gear.

Tell me what you guys think.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Well the entire point is to avoid spending almost $100 on a small squad of vipers, while still having something that doesn't completly sucks.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I decided to do some more experimenting with all of the retirement age figures and I've come to a conclusion. They're all useless. Look at all this time wasting junk. What's worse is that at least half of them are is such disrepair, that most of their left (sometimes right) legs are flaccidly loose.

25th, Resolute, ROC, and POC/30th figures are all almost completely incompatible with each other. None of the old gear fits on the new bodies. In a desperate bid to find something that would fit, I went full 90's for these guys. Prepare your eyeballs.

Last edited: