Apr 11, 2015
I dunno when the KS campaign starts up, but we've got control art for them:

Thanks to Troy Osgood for the pics!

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

They need to slip an S&W Model 3 in there, though.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Who's gonna make a Johnny Ringo? This guys is! I also see an S&W Model 3 in the control art! Makes me wonder what the other pistol is. Looks like a Model 1875 Remington, but I can't believe they wouldn't go with the Colt Single Action Army.

Hey, GB, gonna cook us up Lee Van Cleef and Eli Wallach head sculpts?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I don't see the ability to ride a horse, given the hip articulation. At least it wouldn't be anything natural, imo. Figs look good though... like the theme. Always wanted to do a custom "man with no name", poncho and all. Of course we won't see this stuff for what... another year or two?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
We talked about LV Cleef and Eastwood as Kickstarter prizes but with everything else going on, we never got back to it. I did the stand that we'll see today, along with some dio pieces we won't see today.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't see the ability to ride a horse, given the hip articulation. At least it wouldn't be anything natural, imo. Figs look good though... like the theme. Always wanted to do a custom "man with no name", poncho and all. Of course we won't see this stuff for what... another year or two?

One of the edits they did was to address inner thighs for horses (future plan) These use similar torso articulation to MGR which I think works better with horses, bikes, etc.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
When I get back from lunch I'll take some photos of the guns, hats, and stage coach.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'm thinking the Gunslinger is Johnny Ringo, with the Trail Boss being Curly Bob. Where's Doc Holliday, is the big question.

For wanted custom heads, I nominate Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm thinking the Gunslinger is Johnny Ringo, with the Trail Boss being Curly Bob. Where's Doc Holliday, is the big question.

For wanted custom heads, I nominate Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little!

Paul, one of the main people behind this line is a huge Tombstone fan so I know there will be a figure that can be made into Doc Holiday by the end consumer. The original purchased prototypes that were in the case but were not photographed has a Doc Holiday like figure.

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'd been talking to John 'Alyosha' Russell for a couple months preceeding this reveal, and one of the topics was his reputation for ... inconsistent delivery of product. He acknowledges it and is taking a back seat on the business side of this venture. My understanding is that he'll be handling the prototype and molding stages while others (probably Paul Mundheim) will take the lead on manufacturing and delivery. John knows that his skills aren't in the business side of this business and is taking a step down in the CFT company. With BFS in an advisory status, I'm willing to go in on this KS.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Yeah, I mean I can understand why he wouldn't want his name involved, but (for that very same reason) it also gives makes me pause as to whether I want to fund something he's associated with...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Him and Paul bought the original defunct prototypes seven years ago and is acting as the head creative director on the project.

There wouldn't be a "Legends" line without him.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I get it man. I really do. I'm still very interested in the line as long as others can handle the business end.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Him and Paul bought the original defunct prototypes seven years ago and is acting as the head creative director on the project.

There wouldn't be a "Legends" line without him.

Be that as it may, the further away from him being relied on to advance the project in a major way, or dealing with customers, the better.

Do you happen to know what the original prototypes looked like? I'm fairly familiar with Dusty Trails product, and their aborted military line was largely articulated like the old Bbi figures. Were these the same way?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Any chance of doing cavalry troops in a future wave btw?

Naw, 'because then they'd have to make an ex-Confederate Bushwhacker to kick their Federal asses. :trollface:

Damn, those DT figures were straight-up gonna be a Tombstone line. Dat 1874 Sharps in .45-110.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Why is there gawd awful T-crotch along with balljoint?

Those aren't being used. Those were displayed to show the progression to the new figs.

To be honest, the project was on hold for a few years. I was asked to make the stand and everything progressed really quickly. The prototypes, artwork, etc. were all done this year.