Legion Fourteen Project WIPs

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm opening a thread for the posting of updates for all projects relating to Legion XIV. I have several projects underway, but have not posted much on their progress, or even what they are.

Project: ARAH Demming; Post #2

1:18 Scale Weapon Series 2; Post #3

Artwork and Graphics; Post #10

Concept Art, Tanya; Post #11

Concept Art, US Soldier; Post #22

Concept Art, Bombshell; Post #25

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Project: ARAH Demming

This project has been in the works for over a year. I first hoped to unvail the prototype at Joe Con last year but I was unable to attend and the prototype was not finished. I then hoped to reveal at either COIL con or Assembly Required, but again the proto was not ready. Finally, I hoped to have a Kickstarter around Christmas like I did the year prior with Shooter. But again that did not happen. I finally have a small update on the project. It's still very much a work in progress, but at least I have something tangible to post.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
1:18 Scale Weapon Series 2

I have been on the fence about how to approach this project. I have a number of models, most built by Giga. I now have access to an injection molder so I will be having metal molds built for the weapons in this set, but only a few at a time. I've run over budget on every phase, so progress has been slow. I've also run into a few problems with the models for cutting the molds. I still hope to have the first mold completed within a month. The AK47, L96, and Saiga12 will be on the first mold.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
You should consider the attachment they used in Elysium for the AK...it would certainly set it apart from any other AK out there...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I would like to card all future figures so I began playing around with card designs.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Concept sketches for a modern figure.

1st; Tanya from Command and Conquer.

2nd; Lara from Tomb Raider, with new hands and head.

3rd; The base figure for the project.

4th; A second Lara with a new set of legs.

5th; Natalie from Action Man with a new head.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
It's a complicated answer. It depends on what type of interest it generates. Over the next few weeks I am planning on drawing up a number of different figure designs. One such design will be a generic 90's US soldier that I've mentioned in another thread. What ever seems the most popular will have a prototype built and then a Kickstarter to go with it. For the Tanya design, I had actually commissioned someone to do a prototype for it, but I don't think it's ever going to happen, just like Demming which has taken over a year and still not complete. And I'm not sure if I should commission a new one with someone else or not. Plus this design hasn't had much interest so it might be shelved.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Who did your kickstarter drawings for Shooter? I'd try to get them to do you some professional drawings for this one. Add some gear that people have been wanting that can possibly change the figure up a little, vest, belt, jacket, helmet, etc. That might get people excited on buying multiples... Other than that, I think the hand drawings are hurting you. Hope to see this get off the ground and good luck to ya.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
These are just concept sketches. I can't really pay someone for final art for so many pieces. I actually lost my artist who did Shooter as well.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Consider making the thighs and legs a little thicker. I really hate how skinny the legs are on these female Joe figures...Scarlett / Ret Lady Jaye legs need to be a little thicker or at least have a little more shape...

heck even pants that have a looser look would work to some extent.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
My second concept design, a 90's US Soldier.

I still need to draw up the harness and harness attachments.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I've got a handful of people that could do artwork, thanks. It's just not feasible to hire an artist for concept work that may never be made. Once I go a head with a design, then an artist will be hired for the technical sculpt sheets.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd love to see these more "basic" designs come to fruition...being simpler like that leaves them open to more custom possibilities...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Here's a more modern design. It's based off USAF Pararescue. It's the same shirt Ret Duke has and pants Shock Trooper has. The harness and beret are separate parts, I just didn't feel like doing this up twice.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Here's a multipurpose body. This body would use the pop on arms that BBI uses. The closed suit piece would then slide over the armless body to put on.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ball hinge PLUS easy removal for coat and shoulder rig options? Hell yes!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That suit fig looks great, especially with shoulder harness...

It might not look good on arms that have thicker clothing because of how thin they are. But it's something to look into for thinner arms like bare arms.

For the most part, function over form for me...I'd rather an arm not be as perfectly aesthetically pleasing and function/pose/articulate better...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Apparently I didn't post this one? Old school Class A's. I don't know the current dress uniform so I don't know if it would work for that. The skirt piece would be removable, I just forgot to add the separation line.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
\

For the most part, function over form for me...I'd rather an arm not be as perfectly aesthetically pleasing and function/pose/articulate better...

I'm just the opposite. I don't like when articulation takes away from the aesthetic.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently I didn't post this one? Old school Class A's. I don't know the current dress uniform so I don't know if it would work for that. The skirt piece would be removable, I just forgot to add the separation line.

Army Service Uniform, and no, that wouldn't work for those.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Updated post #3 with a new weapon model (last attachment). Do you guys think it's too "cartoony"? The aim is to make the guns a little more durable and less flat looking than the first set.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't. Size and paint will mend any of that.