Legion Fourteen Project WIPs

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Added a diagram to the T-shirt body design in Post 25. Hopefully the prototype for it will begin next week. I've added a handful of articulation points to it. If the proto turns out then I'll look into production.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Added a diagram to the T-shirt body design in Post 25. Hopefully the prototype for it will begin next week. I've added a handful of articulation points to it. If the proto turns out then I'll look into production.

Prototype for this has begun. It should hopefully be completed by the end of the week. I got a good price on it, so if it turns out good I will be dong a second prototype immediately after. I'll be going with the more modern design. The vest and gun will have attachments, I just haven't settled on exactly what yet. I might also add a hinge to the neck like newer MU figures and the same type of hips as SW Aalya which has a very wide range of motion.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
This is the first draft of the t-shirt female. There are some revisions under way. Correcting some scaling issues, modifying the hair a bit, and adding some details. And of course the joints need to be cut in. It's a bit different from the original design.

I'm sharing this here for feedback. I won't be sharing any place else. I think I can get the most honest feedback here as this progresses. As well as suggestions.

After this is complete there will be two more figures done as well. I haven't settle on which ones yet, but I think I will do the Pararescue from the post before this as well as a generic Eastern European Rebel.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The last attachment in post 25 shows where all the joints will be. For cutting the joints into the 3d model, the different pieces of the model are cut apart and the joint detail is then sculpted in. The modeller wanted to do the entire model at once to best check for proportion and things like that.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Slight modifications to the model. Working on the joints now.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Here is another sneak peek at the progress. There still a number of areas that are being worked on and modified. For instance, there currently is no joint piece for the upper arm swivel. And the ankle has been added yet. One of the biggest parts is cleaning up the hips. The modeller tried to preserve the details, but that's one area where the detail has to be gone for the parts to function.

I also want opinions on the elbows. I tried to add double jointed elbows, but they look a little wonky. Looking and She Hulk and Luke, they both appear to have the same issue. Does it look okay?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Double elbows on bare arms are always going to sacrifice aesthetics for movement.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah. What KT said.

If you're going to have the bicep swivel with a ball joint shoulder, you could either got with a ball joint elbow, or just a hinge, but be sure to give it room to bend in.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Well... if you added some meat to the sides of the elbow joint, it might blend with the arm parts a tad better. As it stands, it looks like joined wieners. Where's Eddie???

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Well... if you added some meat to the sides of the elbow joint, it might blend with the arm parts a tad better. As it stands, it looks like joined wieners. Where's Eddie???
More like how double jointed knees are, but reversed? Add detail to the elbow joint on the backside which will fill visually fill in the gap without being in the way of the articulation.
And the hands should bend more towards the hand at the wrist.

Not sure what you mean?

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

She definitely needs some biceps...not like she-hulk by any means, but a little more definition would go towards making that double joint not look so glaring.

Can't wait to see some these for sale.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Not sure what you mean?

The hinge joint should be closer to the palm of the hand. It looks out of place where it's at now, especially on her right hand. Take a look at Boss Fight's female blank and maybe you can see what I'm talking about.

I agree with Obi about the elbow joint too. Sounds like you know how to fix that now. Got to say that it really does look good so far.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Here are some more edits completed. It's pretty close to be lockeddown, just a few things left.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe, but if you're going through all that trouble to make the figure in the first place, you might as well take the time and do it right the first time. I mean, how do you expect to compete with Marauder Gun Runners, Boss Fight Studios, and all the rest of the recent upstarts if you don't at least make your fig as good as theirs if not better? They've already set the bar pretty high.

:trollface:

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I wouldn't really call it laziness. It's just that I'm already over budget and behind schedule. It's also not something anyone else has suggested or noticed. It is something I will watch more closely in the future though.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm also gearing up for a Kickstarter and have a 3D print for physical visual inspection of the model underway. Here I was messing around with Photoshopping color onto the 3D model, this would be an alternate color scheme.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like it. Those look like flight gloves. Did i miss somewhere this is supposed to be a helo pilot?

They do look like the old Nomex flight gloves. I think it's a happy coincidence.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The project is in the final detail work. A few more modifications are being completed and 2 new heads are under construction. The Kickstrater will be rewritten and launched once a finalized 3D print can be completed.

Last edited: