Live pics of the Toma....Eaglehawk

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Couple things

- those headsets!! *bites lower lip*
- who's that sh!t figure next to the motorcycle?
- why is new Liftticket taking a steamer in the back of the Tomahawk?
- that pic with them all just jammed in the back is freaking great!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
This was my favorite toy when I was a kid. I'll throw down for one for my shelf and one for the kids to play with...

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Headsets look wacky on the fig's heads. One size doesn't fit all, I guess.

Other than the pilot and his gear, not feelin' this.

Edit: actually... really just the pilot's gear and head.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'm on the fence. It looks OK, but doesn't really do anything for me other than nostalgia at this point.

Like Obi said, the headsets are not perfect and not worth the entry price at this point.

I suppose it'd be worth it for kids or if you're the type to hold it and fly around your room making fake pew pew sounds :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want the figure for the accessories and arms. I guess I'll have to wait for a caster. :(

I think I can cut the IHADSS off and get a Cold War era flight helmet Gerry rigged.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I went to Joe Con and laid my grubby hands on it for a minute or two. The flight sticks in the cockpit don't move at all, which I think is disappointing because I think it would have been easy to have those attached in there by a ball joint. Other than that it's a perfect addition to any ARAH fags fan, but I'd imagine a lot of the folks here who own BBI and 21st century helicopters will have no interest in it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd be correct. Good point on the cyclic control, too.

Still, other than the passengers just flopping about in the back there it's a pretty cool upgrade for the ARAH fan, and certainly a better representation of the Tomahawk than the RoC Nightraven was of the original.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
I had one as a kid, and was always more annoyed with it than anything else. Droopy rotors were the main culprit. I love that there's a new one coming, and it looks great for what it us. I just have no need for it aside from nostalgia.

I'll probably get one.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
My first G.I Joe vehicle, I loved that thing back in the day. Got's to buy one... well, import one.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I don't think I'd be able to pass up a WHALE...my buddy had one when I was kid...it was so awesome and I was so jealous

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
"if this sells well, and the next big vehicle sells well, we will consider making the W.H.A.L.E."

---Hasbro Executive

3 months later

"The Eaglehawk did not meet sales expectations, so we will not be planning on making the W.H.A.L.E at this time"

---New Hasbro Executive

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well they did make the Skystriker, not exactly a complete reproduction, but I guess good enough for most people.. and it went to ROSS.

So now they're making a Tomahawk.. who knows how well it'll do, or in what numbers it'll be made. Is it a TRU exclusive? I can't remember.

Seems like they do try to get stuff out that people actually want from time to time. It'd be interesting what would realistically be needed to get a faithful WHALE released.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The truth is... the Tomahawk will shelf warm after 2 weeks. the skystriker did and the hawk is what? $10 more?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
They'd need to have a killer assortment of figures on the pegs at the same time.

The Skystriker.. it CAME with a figure and could only hold one. And they don't sell additional pilot figures anyway. The Tomahawk at least has crew positions for more figures, they can show how COOL it is to load up the helo etc etc.

But that would require them to stock the fucking shelves.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
They need a tv commercial showing kids how awesome it is to have 6 Rockblocks in the same helicopter laying the smack down on each other.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Next up: THE FLAGG!!!

LOL.. a WHALE would be kinda cool though, assuming they didn't cheap out on it.

You know they could at least make a new tower and just stuff a play-mat in the box to act as the run way.

They'd need to have a killer assortment of figures on the pegs at the same time.

That might explain the later wave delay.