LRAV Mk II "Racoon" (Light Recoon Attack vehicle)

Toyark

The Unwashed
Dec 16, 2011
Hello troops!

I've been lurking around the site for quite sometimes, maybe for 3 years I guess but this is my very first post lol (well this is also because I had nothing to do in my office).

I admired every work that was made in this forum, especially the modern military style figures and vehicles. I have also a number of custom figure but for now I would like to post one of my vehicle WIP.

The Racoon LRAV Mk.II.
This vehicle was originally created as a two man crew recon vehicle with light armament, but due to the excellence of its mobility and maneuvers, the army decided to upgrade the vehicle's roles, not just to do recon mission but also to serve as a direct attack vehicle. The Idea is that 1 group may consist of 4 vehicles that will role into the battlefield with high speed maneuvers to hit the target, night or day.

The basic LRAV Mk. II armaments is equipped with:
1. 1x 20mm automatic cannon
2. 4x 40mm integrated grenade launcher tubes that can lay a raining barrage of grenade
3. 2x anti tank Missile tube
4. 2x smoke screen box, 10 tubes each box.

The basic armament can be changed or added with other various armament to accommodate special mission.

The LRAV Mk.II is also equipped with the EE-4 Shrike, a small twin rotor copter recon drone that is placed in special compartment in the back of the vehicle. The special compartment features an automatic hatch with an automatic small helipad that will slide out from the compartment. The compartment also serves as charging bay for the drone.

The drone serves as an independent "eye in the sky" feeding live information for various battle unit on the ground. The idea is that the LRAV may halt in a distance and launch the drones first to mark the target and search for threats then attack. LRAV also don,t need to relay on UAV controlled from main base.

well I guess that's too much hahaha. okay thank you for viewing guys. your comment and suggestion are welcome :)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 53
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 52
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 58
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 57

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
It looks like AWE striker, Captain Americas Patriot tank top, PTE chinese battle tank part and lots of other details and legos.
Not a bad idea..and the shape is really cool....in my opinion maybe somwhere its over-pieced but its awsome. Really like it. =)

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Cool concept. I personally like small vehicals like this.

Toyark

The Unwashed
Dec 16, 2011
The pics are a little small to make out much detail, but looks cool from what I can see, I like the overall shape. Am I seeing Lego in there?

Thank you. yeah sorry about the picts, I didn't know it turn out to be that small. Yup you're right there are legos on the side of the vehicle, I put that lego to make a structure so that It can hold an outer layer to seal the sides a (armor, etc). But the legos also looks like an inner armor which I never intended to make it like an inner armor

Toyark

The Unwashed
Dec 16, 2011
It looks like AWE striker, Captain Americas Patriot tank top, PTE chinese battle tank part and lots of other details and legos.
Not a bad idea..and the shape is really cool....in my opinion maybe somwhere its over-pieced but its awsome. Really like it. =)

yup you are right took a lot of part from a lot of vehicle. The captain America tank was nice but i don,t like the flat bottom chassis and i saw awe striker which has a nice base for small vehicle so a gather up to one vehicle. the rest of the parts I took it from various number of tamiya model kit which I never finished and left unpainted.

thanks mate :)