Marauder Inc. General Thread

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not unless they've taken a major leap forward, and I've seen nothing to indicate that. I pray to Christ they don't go with working magazine pouches.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I have not seen any working mag pouches...

What would be a major leap? What - in your opinion - is wrong? Besides the armored forearms and shins. That is an old argument and now you don't have to have have armor...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have not seen any working mag pouches...

What would be a major leap? What - in your opinion - is wrong? Besides the armored forearms and shins. That is an old argument and now you don't have to have have armor...
Fine detail, really, though I might be more forgiving with that given my intent to use these parts for Acid Rain projects.

Granted, WWII pouches don't lend themselves to being given this treatment, or at least I hope not.
https://www.marauderinc.com/product-p/mtf-t1105.htm
When you make pouches, sheaths and magazine wells that "work", they have to be scaled up, and they don't look good. On the topic of scale, Marauder is pretty hit-and-miss with that and proportion, when it comes to the weapons and stuff. We'll see, though. I'm sure at least some of it will be usable. I think my biggest worry is managing expectations, there's a lot of kit that would be useful, but how much of it might actually happen is up in the air.

Oh, and they need to get that nickle-and-diming under control. Who wants a damn flight helmet without the visor and boom mic? :trollface:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
So you would rather the sidearm and holster and knife and sheath be 1 piece and much smaller like on BBi stuff. I don't like the open mag pouches much as I don't feel they look "right" I would rather see a sculpted taco pouch with the mag sticking out as an option than the usable ones...but I just choose not to use those. I usually glue the mags in the weapons as well. I don't think there were a lot of weapons that utilized magazines in WWII so should not be an issue, right?

As far as the flight helmet...it comes from the factory that way...it is set up so you can buy the color of each part you want ... he could build all the different versions possible - make new SKUs for each and stock em all...combine the cost of each into one price, PLUS pass on all that extra labor cost to you...or he can stock all the single parts and let you make what ever combo you want.

I am interested in seeing your reaction to the prototypes...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There were a lot more magazine-fed weapons utilized in WWII than you imagine, and I'm not talking obscure shit. Even the Garand en-blocs, and all the bolt actions used stripper clips, those all went in pouches. They're not gonna make those functioning, I'm not sweating that.

Wish we had a firm date on when this thing was going live.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Some quotes from John on FB about this project

Western Front, Eastern Front, Pacific Theater and North African Theater....it all comes down to how much support we can get for the project! The designs, prototypes, paint masters & weapons are just AMAZING (made this fanboy have to sit down when I first saw them!). Have a TON of stretch goals, so please help spread the word to all WWII enthusiasts! MJ

With the Kickstarter we are stressing HISTORIC WWII soldiers from the different countries that had armies in the war. The German soldier will not have ANY insignias or designs on their uniforms that could result in our project encountering ANY issues on the Kickstarter site. Detailed figures with lots of detailed gear, that is the approach. The German soldiers are only ONE of SEVERAL different countries that will have soldiers represented in our figure line

Me too! Loved to build the Tamiya 1:35 military miniatures when I was a kid and ALWAYS wanted cool WWII action figures. You will be able to "customize" the gear loadouts on the WWII figures (not "stuck" with what is tooled onto the figure) and have authentic gear (American canteens WITH the little "US" stamp on them, German boots that have the "hobnails" on the soles, water bottles WITH the correct texture, and just about every main weapon used in the conflict). Finally sat back and said "why can't we release WWII figures that are just like our current MTF figures AND have the gear work with all figures?" We just didn't know any better and decided to give it a try! Ignorance is bliss!
😎

AND FINALLY

Our Vietnam War series, which is already under development, will REALLY make you happy!, "Put silver wings on my son's chest..."

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck, Vietnam gets me hard.

It sounds like the Germans are gonna be scrubbed of any kind of insignia. Looks like I'm gonna have to brush up on fine detail painting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We can hope! I can make passable aircrew if they do helmets and proper vests. Fuck, can you imagine all the head-swapped LRRP Snake Eyeses and Stalkers that'll be incoming?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Some of that stuff looks cool. I imagine I'd have been ecstatic if this was 5 or 6 years ago.

Glad to see their kickstarter approach has been working though.

No shit. I have no desire to start over, but that figure with the ball cap kicks the crap out of the last Joe movie figs we all drooled over. Makes me sad that I have no interest in owning.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
1516869211774.png
From their FB page

"Hey Folks!
Here are some 3d sculpt illustrations for the Marauder Task Force WWII US Army Soldier. Figure is shown with just a sampling of the MODULAR gear getting released with the figure. Removable web-belt, Y-harness and backpack have modular mounting points, so the final gear "load-out" is up to you!. Several countries involved in the conflict are planned for our MTF WWII Kickstarter event, with SEVERAL different styles of soldiers from each of those different armies. Also, most of the weapons used in WWII are in our event! We will unveil several more sculpts leading up to the early February Kickstarter launch...maybe even show some paint masters! Hope you like what is on the way!
MJ"

https://www.facebook.com/Marauder-Gun-Runners-130280310343512/?hc_ref=ARRlV6sF7uKFO5UBQUrvOq_c8ZMmlcb7CBWfe3hcL9oJ0vtov2QbytYa_IGtHZ207Eg&fref=nf

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks alright. I imagine I'll be able to swap those gaiter legs onto a Vietnam figure down the road. Looks like the bayonet scabbard works. Helmet looks a bit large, but that's the hazard that comes with removable head gear. Let's see the FJ....

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
If they don't offer a "Kaptain American" stretch goal, I'll be disappointed. Not that I'd want one, it just looks ripe for the deco.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Can't wait to see what doesn't make the cut, weapons-wise. They've got such a hard-on for modular hijinks, they ought to do an M1919A4 that converts to an A6.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I cannot wait to see the painted prototypes

And KT - there is no M1919A4 convert to A6 at least not at this time. :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lame. A modular weapon that makes sense and they don't do it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I really wish I cared more about WWII. It just isn't hitting that 'cool bone' like it used to. Guess I'm a modern war whore now. But not future war.. that's lame too.

Though if some of the WWII stuff can be re purposed into Vietnam era stuff.. perhaps..

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Similarly, I wish I cared much for WWII hardware. I even enjoy the WWII doc/chronicle type shows on TV, but have never gotten into collecting it. I do like some of the near future kind of stuff, so long as it's based on cool stuff in development.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
"Hey Folks!
Here are some 3d sculpt illustrations for the Marauder Task Force WWII German Army Soldier. As with ALL the figures in the MTF WWII series, the removable belt, Y-harness and backpack have modular mounting points, so the final gear "load-out" is up to you!. Will release images of MORE figures as we get closer to the early February MTF WWII Kickstarter launch. Hope you like what is on the way!
MJ"

Same source as before. I remember someone mentioning the helmet looking a little large on the GI figure, but this helmet reminds me of Space Balls a little bit.

1517101172745.png

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I won't be replacing 21st's Ardennes-era stahlhelm from the looks of it. It might just be me, but parts of the kit looks too large. The e-tool looks fine, as do the pouches and rolled zeltbahn. The mess kit, canteen and maybe gas mask canister. Eh, something I'd have to have in-hand to compare it to Hiya's and Dragon's efforts.
Gonna need a tornister, yo, and an actual e-tool accessory. And allllll the FJ-things.

Oh, and for those of you counting rivets, the mess kit should be on it's side, lid facing to the left. :troll:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ha, nah. The way it's situated isn't wrong, per se. I think it's kind of cool they've got an assault frame set-up. I can't tell if the A-bag is underneath the zelt, but it's not really going to matter.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That head sculpt looks suspiciously ethnic! Actually, it has a vague resemblance to Schwarzenegger.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
NOTE - these are initial 3D sculpts...changes have been made since...paint masters will be shown soon. KS slated to start around Feb 7 give or take a day or 2.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

Marauder "Gun-Runners" said:
Hey Folks!
Here are some 3d sculpt illustrations for the Marauder Task Force WWII Japanese Army Soldier. As with ALL the 3d tooling sculpt illustrations we have unveiled, only shown are SOME of the accessories & headgear planned for the figure. Will release images of MORE figures as we get closer to the MTF WWII Kickstarter launch. Hope you like what is on the way!
MJ

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A damn sight better than 21st Century's, at any rate. It doesn't look like any of these are going to shoulder rifles worth a damn, but what can you do? SMGs and assault rifles for everyone!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
For everyone? That's funny considering the Japanese didn't really use many. Didn't they make only a couple thousand Type 100s late in the war? The Japanese forces were known predominantly for using rifles and LMGs. I guess they'll all be using Type 99 machine guns lol.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the 21st route of making a separate right hand specifically for holding a rifle. Seems like the simplest solution and it'd be yet another item to gouge your pockets for, all in step with their modular gimmicks.

Reactions: K-Tiger

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For everyone? That's funny considering the Japanese didn't really use many. Didn't they make only a couple thousand Type 100s late in the war? The Japanese forces were known predominantly for using rifles and LMGs. I guess they'll all be using Type 99 machine guns lol.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the 21st route of making a separate right hand specifically for holding a rifle. Seems like the simplest solution and it'd be yet another item to gouge your pockets for, all in step with their modular gimmicks.
24K+ production between all types, but the point stands, Japan was definitely tail-end Charlie when it came to SMGs. Battle rifles were king for all combatants, but SMGs and assault rifles work better for toys. All the figures have been shown with pistol grip hands, but rifle hands as an "extra" wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm more concerned about the range of motion in the neck and shoulders. That's where a lot of your "looking down the sights" comes from.

I can't wait to pay $50 for a two-man MG team.

Reactions: lancelot

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Current MTF figs can shoulder rifles...why do you think these won't be able too?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean.. I guess. That looks pretty awkward though.

I looked up a bunch of people shooting and I don't think I saw one picture where someone had their elbow at ear level when shouldering a rifle.

Usually it looks something like this:

That is certainly better than some other figures, but I'd be happier if they went all the way.