SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Of mine:

Shipped or in-hand: Slaymaker, WVMojo, Daremo
Ready to ship: MW
Waiting for payment on shipping: Lotusblack80

Midget gets his in August when I see him next.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I got my site ordered figures in the mail today. I'm...underwhelmed. They're constructed well, but I guess I was expecting something else. The leg of one fell off right out of the bag. I can't get two of the vests to close properly. I haven't had time to play with them properly...so maybe tonight they will grow on me more.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'll have to see after I have them in hand. I didn't get all the stuff available, so I might change my tune more with all the add ons.

That being said, I've warmed up to them a bit more. I really like the armor vest, but not the shoulder things. I don't have any helmets at the time. I do like the gas mask.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The marauder web harness could be just a smidge bigger around the waist. It closes fine and stays secure when it's not on the fig, but as soon as you put it on there it won't stay fastened. Thats about the only complaint from the vests / harness systems (other than having to glue in the pouches to secure them).

As for the figure, I'm noticing the one desert figure that I'm playing around with the most has a really lose right elbow now and the right leg has a tendency to fall off.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just got in all my parts last night and I was pretty impressed with the quality of the accessories. The little goggles are great! (Albeit expensive, but whatever.)

Helmets seemed a taaaad thin, and the little plugs I'm sure to lose if I don't glue them together, so I left them in the baggies. But the extra heads are all great! The flesh-heads could use a little deeper sculpting around the mouths since they're painted and lose a little bit of detail, but for a generic head, I think they're pretty great. I got one of each "race" and they seem to be pretty good variety for being the exact same sculpt.

Webgear does seem a tad fragile and thin in spots, but the detailing is pretty stellar. I should've gotten a few knife sheaths and holsters, but I stupidly forgot to buy any of those in my rush to check out before most of my cart sold out. :rolleyes:

I still am not a fan of their figure build but I think that anyone wanting some quality accessories, if you're willing to pay a little extra, they're great for decking out some of the cheap Dollar General figures that came with little to no gear. And I think the new webgear is a nice addition to a customizer's toolkit.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Dre - the shoulder armor has a L and an R in case you didn't notice. They still don't function as well as the custom stuff that Obi did but for module add on's they aren't the worst.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I did notice that...R doesn't stay on very well...but I wonder if that's the reason some people are having issues with it.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
So my extras that I bought the other day arrived, now I just await the arrival of my portion of the KS bundle. I got 5 of the balaclava with breather heads for my airboat gunners. The neck hole is a bit loose on the ST/CCN neck, but nothing a bit of glue can't fix. What sucks is I was hoping to use the CCN helmets but they are too small to work, so I'll end up buying 5 of the MGR versions. I also got one of the 3 holster, 2 knife sets, and the quality is darn good. Overall, better plastic than Hasbro has been using lately.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So my extras that I bought the other day arrived, now I just await the arrival of my portion of the KS bundle. I got 5 of the balaclava with breather heads for my airboat gunners. The neck hole is a bit loose on the ST/CCN neck, but nothing a bit of glue can't fix. What sucks is I was hoping to use the CCN helmets but they are too small to work, so I'll end up buying 5 of the MGR versions. I also got one of the 3 holster, 2 knife sets, and the quality is darn good. Overall, better plastic than Hasbro has been using lately.

How cumbersome/bulky are the holsters/sheaths? That's the thing I was cautious about and didn't order them, because they always look oversized when they fit on webgear yet are still removable.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
How cumbersome/bulky are the holsters/sheaths? That's the thing I was cautious about and didn't order them, because they always look oversized when they fit on webgear yet are still removable.

Honestly? Not very. The peg is obtrusive as hell if you're not using it on an MGR figure, and as most sheathes at this scale, they are a little big, but nothing worse that the shoulder/ankle sheath for POC SE. In fact, the larger 'combat knife' sheath seems thinner than the basic one, even though they are about the same.

The smaller left/right holsters aren't any bigger than the POC SE/Cobra Trooper one, and the larger drop holster (is that right? I don't know guns) one isn't that much bigger.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The knives are really well done. The leg holster is built about the same as the SE one as XOC said. The left / right pistol holsters are really nice - thin, not too big and bulky and even with a gun in them they are fairly streamlined.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Marauder John said next big order of figs (including the dark Green one) wil be in in late September.

bronxgamer

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2015
These marauder figures are simply straight up awesome. I picked up 10, and here's the first mando I created. The quality is definitely better than Joe figures.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Excellent job! Yeah, the quality is superb. And even with the annoying shin guards, there's still a ton of uses for the fig.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The only annoying thing to me is the green on the camod green figure and its paint apps. I think they should ship a diagram of what each little piece is for. My eyes aren't what they use to be.