Marvel Universe SDCC 2011

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Since it got buried in the other thread. :D
NEW MARVEL UNIVERSE PICS!
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2011-marvel-universe-4425/
Kraven the Hunter Yay!
Astonishing Wolverine YIPEE
Magneto (Ultimate) MEH wanted classic colors
Shadowland DD cool but no thanks
Psylocke!!! HOORAY!
Spider-man WTF! NO MOAR SPIDEYS PLEAZE! :rant:
Thor (without helmet) cool!
Beta Ray Bill EXCELLENT!
Patriot (first costume!) ok
Absorbing man with variant AWESOME!
White Iron Fist cool
Maskless Iron Man very nice wish it was a suit
Beast (Modern) BLAH!
Storm (Modern) ALRIGHT!!!
Hulk SMASHING AWESOME!!!
Iceman nice but skipping

NEW MARVEL UNIVERSE COMIC PACKS!!!
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index....Con/Hasbro/Preview_Night&dispsize=600&start=0
Mr Sinister vs Gambit = Bought!
Colossus vs Juggernaught = I just need a maskless Juggernaught
Moon Knight & Ant Man = oh come on with the repacked characters! All I want is Ant Man :(
Thanos vs Adam Warlock = hmmm dunno maybe
Daredevil vs Bullseye! = JL Cyclops body YES!
Avengers gift set = SUPER PEG WARMER! :rolleyes:

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index....2011_San_Diego_Comic_Con/Hasbro/Preview_Night
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index....11_San_Diego_Comic_Con/Hasbro/Marvel_Universe
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-dieg...ew-marvel-universe-comic-packs-and-more-4436/

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Avengers gift set = SUPER PEG WARMER! :rolleyes:

Honestly, they took the five characters that are literally flooding the market at every turn and put them together in one pack that nobody wants. I can see it being mildly popular around x-mas because grandma doesn't know that everyone has spidey & iron man coming out their ears already... but any other time of year, that thing will be buried in dust. I hear this pack is on clearance at target already ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
lol...it comes to the stores already labled with clearance stickers...:D

so are they ever gonna make a regular 4" size Antman or Wasp?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
lol...it comes to the stores already labled with clearance stickers...:D

so are they ever gonna make a regular 4" size Antman or Wasp?

Yup! He's one of the ones listed. I'll definitely be getting all of the 2-packs, except for maybe Juggernaut and Colossus (I don't think I need a 3rd version of Colossus and I'm not really sure if I care to have a Juggernaut w/out his helmet...). The Marvel Universe line keeps getting better and better. :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm, I'll have to check out the CPs... I told myself I wasn't going to get into the Universe line, and for the most part, I've not... But I've probably got 10-15 so far, and stuff like the X-Men keeps grabbing my eye...

But so far, I want Cable, Apocalypse, Gambit, Sinister, uh... Probably more. Sigh, gotta tell myself NO!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I have a good 30-40 of my Marvel "must-haves" in Legends scale already. There's no need to have 50% clones of them. In fact, once I get a 6" Jim Lee Jubilee and Jean Grey, I'll probably be out.

Although the MU figs are tempting... And in-scale with Joes! (For the most part).

Now, if I could shrink my Legends down without having to rebuy them, I'd love that. But I think it's silly to have the same collection in a smaller scale (and really, I'd be buying most of the same characters all over again).

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Damn, that Cyclops looks great though! The Legends-scale one I have is actually from the X-Men line, and I can't recall, but I don't think his neck turns properly due to some damned light-up function. I always hated that, but never got around to modding it proper.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
When's he coming out? Because I had seen the original and thought that (except it wasn't all-solid flesh), and I'm about to drop one of the SDS torsos if I can because my cart is over $120 at the moment....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm thinking one of the Fall waves.

Yup, placard says October.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I take it that that new Scorpion isn't in the 1:18 line?

Kinda disappointed with Psylocke. What's the deal with her, is she still using Kwannon's body or has she been retconned to Betsy Braddock's body again?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'll try to get some other pictures of the Marvel stuff today. Here's some from the diorama they had:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The pictures don't do it justice CS. I'll try to get better ones if I get around to it.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Cool, I guess. I need a Human Torch to go along with my Thing (have fun with that Eddie.) Reed Richards and Sue Storm… meh.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Wow, these up coming figures look great. The new Doom and Ultron are hopefully improved over their previous figures.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That dio is so SICK. The battle damaged Sentinel is pretty frickin' cool and I love the ice-slide for Iceman.

I'm looking forward to getting the next wave and hope I can find a normal Dr. Strange for a reasonable price. I have feeling that even though I have 2 Dr. Strange figures on pre-order at BBTS, they're both going to be the astral versions since they're supposedly more common.

I'm sure they probably will, but I hope they redo Red Hulk using the new Hulk tooling. Rulk is going to look extremely stupid next to the new Hulk for now.

Also, I like that they're redoing Daredevil and Bullseye using the new body sculpts. I don't care for the squatty body sculpts that the line first had. I hope they plan on redoing those that used the old squatty mold over time so that I can weed them out. There's not that many that they'd have to redo...