Marvel Universe Ultron

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
That Figures: REVIEW: Marvel Universe's Ultron

Final Thoughts
It would be pretty easy to dismiss Ultron as just another Hasbro figure but that would be doing him a disservice.

Granted, if you stick him side-by-side with Doctor Doom it will become apparent very quickly how many pieces the two figures share but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it simply serves to highlight how, with a few additional pieces and a bit of rejigging, the designers successfully managed to create two different characters with fairly limited resources. And of course, stand him beside your Hawkeye or Iron Man figures and the differences become truly apparent.

What I love about this figure is how much character Hasbro has managed to infuse him with. From his monologuing left hand (ideally suited for holding imaginary planets or the fate of the world) to his demonic face, there's a real sense of the monomaniacal mechanoid to his look. And the fact that he has such a good range of articulation only adds to the fun.

Ultron is an overlooked gem that truly stands out among the regular spandex-clad line-up of Hasbro's Marvel line-up. Fans of his comicbook appearance will, I'm sure, be very pleased with the end results and even if you're not a major fan, he'll still look great on your display shelf.

A little bit of a masterpiece.

FULL REVIEW AND PICTURES HERE:
That Figures: REVIEW: Marvel Universe's Ultron

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I do want an Ultron figure.

This is a really neat one.

It's the weird thing about doing these #ThrowbackThursday reviews - I'm looking at toys I bought, put on the shelf and then kind of forgot about, so seeing them again after a few years really is an interesting experience and I'm seeing a lot of stuff in a new light. I recall being kind of ''yeah, it's Ultron... next...'' when I got him but now I've come back to the toy I'm really impressed.

Maybe it's also because he's not a 5 PoAPoS... :)

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I was a little sad when I realized this isn't the new version. If I like the movie & want to add Ultron to the collection I may go the comic book version route as I'm not digging the movie look.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I was a little sad when I realized this isn't the new version. If I like the movie & want to add Ultron to the collection I may go the comic book version route as I'm not digging the movie look.

I'm a bit of a purist (or as much of a purist you can be when dealing with comics and their continual retconns and reimaginings) so I tend to dig the old school designs over the movie ones, which is why I liked this figure. I'm not a fan of the movie version's look, either but we'll see...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm a bit of a purist (or as much of a purist you can be when dealing with comics and their continual retconns and reimaginings) so I tend to dig the old school designs over the movie ones, which is why I liked this figure. I'm not a fan of the movie version's look, either but we'll see...

Same here...all of it. The movie designs always tend to be too busy, IMO.