Matty Collector Voltron Assembled

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
not sure if this has already been posted but I got the 5th and final Lion (The Black Lion) from Matty collector today and when my boys got home from school we assembled Voltron. Here are my thoughts about it:
1. F'N Awesome.....I had some doubts about how it would assemble and how it would stay together, those doubts were quickly erased
2. This Voltron is huge!!!! I put a Ret. CC next to him and in his hand for a size comparison.
3. The only glitch I see if that the Blue Lion and Yellow Lions legs tend to pop out when using them as Voltrons legs.
4. The pilots all look awesome, come with helmetless heads to switch out and they look pretty good. A little small when placed next to Hasbro 3.75 figs but that can be overlooked.
5. Blazing swords looks awesome, Voltron holds it tight ( I forgot to take pics with the Blazing Sword. I will add pics later)
If I had to rate Voltron I would give it 4 1/2 stars. My boys give it 5 out of 5. Now if you will excuse me, I promised my boys Voltron would introduce himself to our Joeverse....enjoy the pics!!!

Attachments

• kidswithvoltron.jpg
    kidswithvoltron.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 28
  • kidswithvoltron2.jpg
    kidswithvoltron2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 22
  • kidswithvoltron3.jpg
    kidswithvoltron3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 21
  • kidswithvoltron4.jpg
    kidswithvoltron4.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 20
  • kidswithvoltron5.jpg
    kidswithvoltron5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 19

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Freaking awesome!...I always assumed that because of his size, he wouldn't be as good as my MP Voltron...but clearly I was wrong...it looks equally as good

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That is pretty nice! I will say, we were spoiled back in the day with the tougher materials. Wasn't some of the old Voltron die cast metal? That is a pretty large toy though.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Holy shit that's awesome.

I had the less-than-stellar Panosh Place version as a kid. I had all the lions but none of the figures, so I used my Joes in the lions' torso cockpits.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm glad it worked out well for you! I've heard people complain about the quality of the individual lions and was curious to see one of these assembled and whether or not it works out well.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
That is pretty nice! I will say, we were spoiled back in the day with the tougher materials. Wasn't some of the old Voltron die cast metal? That is a pretty large toy though.

i had this non movable one that was die cast, it sucked, and was the only voltron they got me, and i hated voltron after that. it was like a metal statue and just the arms moved. i don't know, voltron sucked..

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
dont know why he is so pissed. Mine stands just fine, I even was able to bend the legs and do more poses. I think for me its just the size of the thing, I know its no where near what scale would be but its closer than other offerings from other lines lately. A little patience and learning its pivot points and joints make all the difference in the world. I am ready to pull the trigger in 2013 if they do another sub featuring the new look style of the new show. The biggest thing foer me is my boys love it, they played with it until bed, during breakfast before school and in the car on the way to the bus stop. I know I didnt mention the blazing sword much but I have it in the lions mouth and it has a tab that locks it into the lions mouth and it is really stable.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio

I still have one of the die cast metal Voltrons from when I was younger and it was made of more durable materials. The thing I love most about this is the pilots fit in each lion and even tho it is no where near what the real scale Voltron would be to 3.75 figs, the size of this thing just blows me away!!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This guy did a fine job of posing Voltron

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Yeah, I think he may have been overreacting a little. Then again those things cost a lot don't they?