May be getting my first commision!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
There's a guy over on the tank that contacted me about buying the German flight officer I did months back. In the process he asked if I could make other characters in the same vein.

I'm a bit worried about this as I have no real experience or knowledge of German troops.

He's wanting...
1x Infantry
1x Officer/Commander
1x Heavy weapons soldier
1x communications officer

Can it be done?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Pictures of the aforementioned flight officer (is there a better name?).

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
For the heavy weapons soldier, I'm thinking an Iron Man figure, remove the stock head and replace with a normal head and sculpt one of those "wedge" (is that what it's called?) hats on it and maybe some sort of headset?

Not sure about weapons.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Oh yeah, I'm sure the parts are out there...it's just getting the right mix of GI Joe/Cobra with German military that worries me. I don't know much about the German side. And it's not as simple as taking a Joe or Cobra figure and slapping a few German items on them, there has to be a subtle update in there as well. Not modenr, but more like that steam-punk stuff...it's modern, but not present day modern....it's somewhere in between.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
And he also sent me a list of stuff that he already has that he can send me to use...

Artic Hiss Tank Loose Complete
3x Night Watch Cobra Troopers .. complete with weapons and accessories
Cobra B.A.T - complete with all accesories
Mercenary Wraith - Complete with all accesories
Cobra Viper - Complete with all accesories
Crimson Guard - Complete with all accesories
Cobra Paraviper - Hes complete ( but is missing the big rifle )

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I don't know, maybe he wants a custom vehicle down the road?

Which would probably be easier than the figures!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The wedge hats are garrison caps.

I did several Para Viper-based German figures. The pads are highly reminiscent of FJ jump pads. The movie Mk. I Iron Man figure would work well for an Allied combat armor (did it), but not so well for a German one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Personally i'd use 90% of the new Iron Grenadier for a heavy weapons trooper.

Marauder Inc. MG 34, wait around for wave 6 and buy 3-4 ammo drums for it and build a carrier frame for them. Gonna need a spare barrel case and a tool kit, but those should be easy to fake. Some appropriate German gear and paint job and you should be good.

Maybe change the forearms and lower legs. Personal preference, that.

The hard one is the communication/signals team.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Who in wave 6 will have ammo drums? I think I have an MG, the recent 4LOM from Star Wars came with one.

As for the communications guy, I was thinking an arctic Snake eyes with a radio pack and some sort of extra wide helmet like the rebel troops wore in Star Wars to make room for a headset. Didn't spotters on NAVY warships in WWII have helmets like that?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The USN did, but not the Kriegsmarine. You also need to keep in mind that German WWII field radios were two-man affairs.

Marauder Inc's 6th wave is supposed to include ammo drums for the MG 34/42. Only time i'd use a SW weapon is for something that hasn't been made elsewhere (Lewis gun, MG 15)