Mega Bloks Militia

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Bought my boy the spongebob sets at ollies for $3.99 each,and he loves them. If he can keep them without doing what he normally does with Lego's or the mixel disaster I'll get him the bigger sets for Christmas&Birthday

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
My son Built them,took them apart to make mega mixil,took them apart again,mixed with whatever,all over the floor,who knows.....wasted the money.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Oh yeah, my youngest boy likes to do that. My oldest son also did that once then was upset that the parts for one of the builds....a build he wanted back in one piece, were all over the place.

I was able to find most of the parts to put it back together, not something I want to do again.

My youngest son has been doing this more lately, and I try to keep the parts for each different build in their own bag or some sort of container.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
It isn't worth chasing after them IMO. I just consider it a lesson learned,and don't buy it again.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'll help if I can and if they ask me, I try not to volunteer for that detail. :)

Fortunately my older son keeps all of his Mega Blok builds intact and in a box under his bed...in general safety.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
For those with Ross stores..

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
That ain't shit! They have at least a dozen small packs,but didn't feel like taking a bunch of pics,uploading them all,..they even gave figure packs for $3

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
They where 3 deep. If I was into blocks I'd buy a couple sets,and make a draggin wagon or something outta two of them.

My son would love them too,but I'm not buying him stuff like that anymore. His spongebob stuff ended up just like his mixels

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Went to another Ross out of curiosity on the way to meet up with a buddy for dinner...they had this

Only at Walmart&Ross*:trollface:

Along with the dog and uav every store has..,

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I have a year old Ross in KC, but it's the only one I know of. Toy section is 2 free standing shelf units pushed together, nothing like what I saw in California. Guess I'll go check since it's less than a mile from home. I'll gladly take a cheap Scorpion.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I really don't know. Without ever being there I really can't say. Honestly I prefer Mississippi to Florida for the same reason,it's home. Where I stay in Bama I can walk across state lines from my house,so it feels like an extension of Mississippi. I prefer the country,the blue tint to the grass in the morning with the dew,and the country life over the beaches&northern immigrants.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
:trollface:

Notice the sign! This is in Bama,..it's a little ruffer on this side of the tracks:trollface:

I'd buy the shit outta these buildings,and build a complex!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Terminator megabloks? Dafuq?

Now that's pretty neat! I'd bought figures in 1:18!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I bought the few (small) Terminator Genysis sets I found at TJMaxx last year.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Speaking of the truck set,...here it is at Bealls outlet:trollface:

Ross now has a big ass COD tank set,but my phone was dead or I'd have a pic of that too!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I thought that set was o.k., but it needed to come with more mini figs to off-set the lack of cool functions within the truck itself.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Last week, Amazon put up the MB Apache and Bradley on deal-of-the-day. Got the Apache for $49 and Bradley for $42. It'll be a while before I assemble them, as my to-build pile is ever increasing. On top of a bunch of halo sets, I still have the blackhawk and hovercraft to build too. Good winter-time projects though, when it's too cold to do anything else around the house.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Last week, Amazon put up the MB Apache and Bradley on deal-of-the-day. Got the Apache for $49 and Bradley for $42. It'll be a while before I assemble them, as my to-build pile is ever increasing. On top of a bunch of halo sets, I still have the blackhawk and hovercraft to build too. Good winter-time projects though, when it's too cold to do anything else around the house.

I think pretty much all of the newest stuff was set as deal of the day that day. I got 2 new humvees, the apache, the bradly and the riverboat. But all are stashed away until I get to wrap them for myself for Christmas. :trollface:

I did snag NUKETOWN II for 19.99 - I have wanted the figs in that set since I saw it. Not sure if I will bother with the house...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
We picked up the Nuketown at the local Goodwill a few months ago. It came directly from Target but was heavily damaged. The box looked like it had been cracked open down the middle and then taped back together. It was super cheap ($10), but we figured it was missing a lot of pieces.

That was an understatement. All the figures were gone except the Nuketown family, and there weren't enough pieces to build the house or most of the base. Even the countdown clock was missing most of it's pieces. Sigh.

In related news, would any of you guys who build MegaBloks know how to go about getting replacement pieces? My son has that WWII tank and one tread keeps breaking. I tried to fix it once but it broke again recently. I figure it would be better to get a replacement rather than keep trying to fix it. And hopefully it's not an issue with ALL the treads.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
What he said^

You just need the codes off of the box and the part # from the manual. I ordered a replacement tread off of the site and had it in a week, but superglue fixed the one that split. Guess this is a common issue on this model per jangbricks.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Great. Does that mean ALL the treads will have this problem? Is there any point in getting replacements?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I don't think my WWII treads are broke...but the treads on most of the little pac rat things did.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well great. Just went to their site and tried to request replacement treads and it keeps giving me "you must enter a valid model number".

From what I've read, this tank is discontinued so I guess the parts are too.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
You need the actual production number off of the box that is stamped into it to process the claim for missing parts. If needed, go take a pic at TRU.

I can pull a tread off of my Sandcrawler and see if it fits on my Sherman this evening since both are out in my living room.