Mercer-My way

Danney

Enlisted
Sep 6, 2012
I didn't really care for the blue and red Mercer came in so I figured he could use a modern update. This is my vision for Mercer, comments, critique, and thanks for looking!

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
The vest thing is killin' me. I'd make the gear fit over an entire vest, or simply cut the gear from the one and glue it to the vest. One way or the other, 'cuz that cut vest looks kinda crappy to me.

I do like the overall fig though. It's a good concept, just tweak it a bit = winner.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Very nice.
I'm not a fan of the circus clown-look anyway.
This is right down my alley.

Stryker927

Cobra Project Manager
Aug 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
While I agree with some of the comments on the vest, this is otherwise a very nice update. I prefer to think of Mercer as a PMC anyway and this theme definitely gives him that twist. I am working on my custom of him at the moment as well. I have him on a 30th Viper body but plan to paint it and give him new web gear. Although I thought about painting the Viper web gear to just give him that little Viper flair. Dunno yet.

Anyway, nice job.

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
I like it. Not crazy about the vest beneath the webbing, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. He still looks kick ass.

I have a customized Mercer as well; used the Dollar General green Shipwreck body and gave him 30th Anniversary General Hawk's webbing. It doesn't look too bad, and sure beats the hell out of the colorful uniform he used to wear. I understand his background as a former member of Cobra and how Hasbro wanted him to resemble his past, but he's now part of the U.S. military and needs to look the part.

In fact, all of my Slaughter's Renegades are customized. Red Dog now has Battle-Kata Roadblock's body and Dojo Battle Roadblock's tactical vest. Since he's a big guy this body is perfect for him. He no longer wears the headband nor the necklace. No more football jersey for that guy; he's now military ops-worthy.

I used the ROC Pit Trooper's body for Taurus, along with the tactical vest from the ROC Pit Commando. And, yes, he's Taurus, the way he was meant to be known as, NOT Bull!

Last edited: