Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
1.) Welcome back, NSA!

2.) Nice to hear that 1:18 aircraft are still alive afterall! Will order one of these, so thanks for the intel.

Which websites are selling the Dauntless?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
amazing how fast this went from scratch to built to pre order. Why can't a certain A-10 do the same thing?

That A-10 is gone, Jack off claims he destroyed it and the neutered No-Go seems powerless to stop him. :eek:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
That A-10 is gone, Jack off claims he destroyed it and the neutered No-Go seems powerless to stop him. :eek:

wouldn't surprise me. that whole ordeal was a joke.

I just wish this plane was the A-10 cause it's obvious the WWII market is all but dried up and a modern plane, especially an A-10 would have really sold.

But at least it's a new plane and not a "new" Mustang.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Then BBI should have no problem making one now for $499 each...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not a bad price for an all-new airframe, but it's boring as fuck so I'mma pass.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Just preordered one a couple of hours ago. Normally I would wait but at this price they may not last very long. Not to mention its been awhile since there was a new WWII release. According to Badcat Merit plans on producing only 1,000 of these in this livery. I think that's just for the U.S. market though. Merit apparently has a few other planned models in mind too but that all depends on how well these sell first of course. That's certainly music to my ears. Lets hope it becomes a reality.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I know next to nothing about WWII planes.. what's the wingspan on this gonna be compared to the TBF Avenger?

NM.. wiki'd it.. 54' for the Avenger, 41' for the SBD.. that's nice, so it'll be smaller..

wingspan: 27"
length: 22"

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Just preordered one a couple of hours ago. Normally I would wait but at this price they may not last very long. Not to mention its been awhile since there was a new WWII release. According to Badcat Merit plans on producing only 1,000 of these in this livery. I think that's just for the U.S. market though. Merit apparently has a few other planned models in mind too but that all depends on how well these sell first of course. That's certainly music to my ears. Lets hope it becomes a reality.

1000 worldwide, time for some ebay sales to order one of these!

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
^Wha? A Dauntless isn't good enough for you? You want modern but yet don't like 5th gen. fighters. What do you like:weirdo:

J/K, there defintaely needs to be more of a presence of modern stuff, it's definatley lacking

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
PTO is like watching paint dry. At least bring out something Japanese. Hell, I'd rather WWI than anything PTO.

JSI is sitting on a 4th/4.5 Gen Sino-Soviet fighter prototype that's I'd rather seen than anything likely to come from WWII.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
One more image was added the other day on Merit's site. This time it reveals the flaps. This is certainly a great model for the price. Now its just a matter of how well they paint these during the final stage of production. No spots I hope. If only they could match the prototype that would be awesome but very unlikely.

http://www.merit-intl.com/month/mil-88002.html

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I'm going to take a wild guess that this is All Go's model that they've been trying to finish for the past 5yrs? Glad to see it and woukd love to buy it, but the rest of my pacific birds flew out of my hands years ago.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm going to take a wild guess that this is All Go's model that they've been trying to finish for the past 5yrs? Glad to see it and woukd love to buy it, but the rest of my pacific birds flew out of my hands years ago.

Admiral was the one doing the SBD. There's speculation that this is from another company that dropped the project. Hobby something or other.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I'm placing all my bets on Hobby Boss as they were advertising in their catalog last year that there were plans on producing these as kits in 1:18th scale this year. What a coincidence, right!!!! If that's the case then all Merit would have to do is find somebody to put them together and paint them upon release. The level of detail in this model is also very similar to the quality found in Hobby Boss kits. And so far nobody else has come forward to claim their involvement in this project other then Hobby Boss. Now its just a matter of seeing the box this will come in as they will probably want their name on as much as Merit does.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Yup, it looks like its up to hobbyboss's quality too, I have a 1/35 landwasserschlepper, AA7P and a 1/48 mig 17 from them and they are all top of the line, so I can honestly say that I think this will be by far the nicest(mass produced) 1/18 plane. With that said I would NOT expect the paint job to be as nice as the portotype shown on merit, but it will still be a quality paint job, just a little less attention to detail.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, we know the Admiral one is dead, so if you wanted one this is it. 150 ain't bad for an all new piece (you watching, Bbi?).

Just wish it was something Cold War---Current.