the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yes they will have 1:18 figures.
Press release from TNI
Mezco Officially Announces Mortal Kombat License - - Action Figures Toys News ToyNewsI.com
Mezco is in development on numerous lines based on the world of Mortal Kombat and starting with the new up coming Mortal Kombat X game. initial offerings include: 3.75 inch figures,:words:

Can't tell the scale of this one yet but I'm always ready for more 1:18

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Can't be any worse than the Jazwares ones.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Can't be any worse than the Jazwares ones.

Some of the Jazwares ones weren't bad at all. The worst problem I had with Jazwares was they kept painting the skin instead of casting it in skintone, and their paint sucks and always flakes off. The Street Fighter figures was especially bad for that

I am hoping the figures will be similar to Mezco's Hell Boy line and not like the 6" statuettes they have been making lately. Probably won't see these in TRU though...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If your TrU still as a collector section you might. Hastings might carry them.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
If your TrU still as a collector section you might. Hastings might carry them.

I was just messing around. I haven't bought much from TRU in years and nothing in their "Collector" section in even longer, as 1:18 isn't usually branded as "collector" anyway.

For all I care TRU can get rid of the "Collector" section in all of its stores if that's was what they feel they wanted to do.

I use this magical place for adults called "the internet" to get most of my toys anyway. I didn't really see what all the fuss was about, but that is just me.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I want a boss fight style Scorpion. Every time I pass by Nether Realm studios I think about making my own (they're in Chicago) and then leaving it there.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I like the Jazware MK figs. I have them all. But I guess since the only 3 3/4 competition for them is the Joe versions I am bound to like them just cause I like MK.

I've had Scorpion and SubZero for a while and just got a bunch more at a Wallgreens for about $2 each so I grabbed a bunch of the ones they had there. Night Wolf has a raisin head but Bakara is an awesome figure and pretty well done in every aspect. I'd really like to get a Goro but his prices are a bit out of what I am willing to pay.

I'm really looking forward to what Mezco has planned for this line. Hopefully we will see some good pictures during Toyfair. Its only 3 1/2 months away now.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, they have made a couple 1:18 scaled lines. Cinema of Fear, Cryptozoology, and Hell Boy 2 were all really good. Especially Hell Boy 2 figures. They also made some Axe Cop stuff that looks decent for what it is. I just would have really liked the Mars Attacks figures they showed in 1:18 but never produced and only made the 1:12 versions for retail.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Blame retail for that. Mezco got no takers for the 1:18 Martian. I wanted those little bastards.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah I really wanted some of them too. I'm hoping they show up in the ReAction lines somewhere at the very least. I've thought about picking up the old one from the movie that is in a female disguise. The head looks like it may be usable as a 1:18 custom but I've never seen one in person to verify that.

I'm just hoping that these don't get the 1;12 versions released and no one buys them since there was just recently a MK 1:12 line leading to retailer not buying in on the 1:18 ones. We'll probably know more around Feb but the line-up announced so far seems unremarkable. We need a Cyber Sub Zero. Although, he could be made easily enough with one of the billion IM figures already out there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've thought about picking up the old one from the movie that is in a female disguise. The head looks like it may be usable as a 1:18 custom but I've never seen one in person to verify that.

That might actually work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I found the Martian photos in his bucket, and I'm leaning toward the idea that he did use the Martian Girl head.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could use Raiden's sugegasa and Scorpion's skull, but that's about it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mezco product usually makes the leap from prototype to production piece without too much issue.

Assuming these have retailer support, which is what killed the 4" Martian.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
They have pin-head syndrome. It's especially noticeable on Subzero.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Scorpion is my favorite and if I see him at retail I will pick him up.

A little off topic, but did Netherrealm Studios have Star Wars characters in any of the games or did they work on a Star Wars game? Every time I go by their office, I see a large star destroyer hanging in one of the rooms.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Soul Calibur had Vader and Yoda. I do not think MK had any SW guys. They had Freddy I remember. MKX is going to have extra non-game characters but i have not read who, or if they will be different on different platforms. Maybe a Star Wars character is coming? Kratos and Freddy are rumored to appear in MKX.

Boon said:
"Freddy Krueger was the most downloaded character in Mortal Kombat 9," he said. "Scorpion was the guest character in Injustice, and he was the most downloaded character in that game. It's working out for us, and I'd be surprised if we ignored those numbers."
Boon also said no Injustice characters will be in it. His words "hardpressed" to use any.

Confirmed characters so far - Raiden, Cassie Cage, D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr, Kotal Kahn, Scorpion, Sub-Zero

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They don't look terrible. Scorpion's skull lantern looks undersized, but all in all much better than Jazwares' line

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Toy Fair had a few this year that are gonna be long waits. At least some time has passed. :D