Modern Texas Ranger/CFT on preorder

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I was in on the Kickstarter but didn’t get crazy on the line after it came out. But this figure is one I’ve had my eyes on since they first announced it. Today I was able to preorder on the Chicken Fried Toys website. Hopefully this will make it before Taiwan smacks the Chinese too hard and sink my container 😉 I already have a Chuck Norris head set aside for this project.

Attachments

• B47C52EA-9A20-4D08-B85F-1FF957479284.png
    B47C52EA-9A20-4D08-B85F-1FF957479284.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • E12214DB-6363-4BA5-8780-4E54D06D3F0C.png
    E12214DB-6363-4BA5-8780-4E54D06D3F0C.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 0EC0816B-10DF-4B6D-B356-B6B6D8D739DB.png
    0EC0816B-10DF-4B6D-B356-B6B6D8D739DB.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • CE80B78D-CAC4-432D-811A-4DD5DFC7DA53.png
    CE80B78D-CAC4-432D-811A-4DD5DFC7DA53.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
They appear to be compatible but I’ve never tried swapping heads or gear. In fact my figures from the Kickstarter are still in their packaging. I’ve waited for the grandsons to get just a little older before letting them open up the cowboys for play. Those kids are rough on an action figure 😉

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Two questions... are these easily disassembled for customizing, and are they compatible in any way with marauders figures?

I already have the bartender from the very first wave years ago, but he's in storage still in the package.
The are different than marauders in that they have a back screw to disassemble the torso to swap arms easier. Otherwise pretty much the same. I cannot recall if the lower ball that connects to the torso is exactly the same size so you can just pop marauders torsos on CFT lowers or not. You can definitely pop and swap uppers and lowers within CFT though. Feet, Hands, Lower arms and heads all swap easy. As do vests and hats / helmets. I "think" I have a MTF upper on a CFT lower - but I am not 100% sure now

Reactions: Sgt301 and nacho

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Sgt301 , I got "my" order from CFT today... and it was someone else's order. If one of you guys lives in NJ and gets something else, I probably have your order ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sent a message to CFT, so hopefully they'll sort it out. 🙃
Cool, What did you get? And what did you order?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I ordered a Marshall v2 and a Texas Ranger-Modern... both of which aren't out yet. So I was surprised when I got the ship notice. When the package came, it was a couple of other guys (Sheriff & some cavalry trooper). Both figures looked great, just not my order.

CFT called me within an hour of my message and just asked me to send it back, as it was an obvious mistake. Guy was very friendly, just trying to sort it out, knowing that it meant another order or two were also likely messed up. He said things have been nuts with supply chain issues, inflation, etc. but that hopefully they'll get to the point that everything isn't just preorders.

But some guy in Ireland via a NJ reshipper is going to get the wrong order, since I have his stuff. But it seems like CFT is on top of things. I wasn't the least bit worried, so no harm, no foul.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’ve thought about getting a cavalry trooper but I know me and one trooper would morph into a squad and a squad into a company, etc… A rabbit hole I can’t afford 😉

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, that gets expensive in a hurry when these things are over $35 a pop with shipping. I haven't bought nearly as many as I'd like to.

The guy I spoke to said their costs had gone up more than $2 per figure just in the last year or so, lamented that collectors might have to make hard choices, and feared what that meant for specialty lines like CFT going forward. I get it, as I've cut way back on everything in recent years, mostly due to space, but cost plays into it too.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Glad I grabbed the Lone Ranger when I did. I had held off while the prices got high but small joes had it for normal price so I suspect a lot of the fandom didn’t know this existed.

Still need to get a boss fight cowboy saddle & switch out the white horse (with the knights) for a different color horse.

tempted by this & glad it didn’t come during my Smokey & the Bandit faze

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Glad I grabbed the Lone Ranger when I did. I had held off while the prices got high but small joes had it for normal price so I suspect a lot of the fandom didn’t know this existed.

Still need to get a boss fight cowboy saddle & switch out the white horse (with the knights) for a different color horse.

THAT's what we really need. More than cowboys, we need a line of figures where you could mix and match parts to make classic TV/Movie characters... i.e. pop culture figures that don't suck hard like ReAction.

Smokey & the Bandit, A-Team, Dukes of Hazzard, Justified, Breaking Bad... even B-list stuff like CHiPs, Knight Rider, Blue Thunder, etc. (I was always Team Blue Thunder. Airwolf can kiss my ass.)

But they could get around licenses by making the head, torso, and leg parts somewhat mixed up so that users could easily disassemble and reassemble in the "correct" fashion while not being sold as licensed goods.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’ll probably get one of those pickup trucks in the adventure lineup of vehicles that have opening doors and room for 4 inch figures at Walmart when they come in. I would imagine all good Texas Rangers patrol in F-150’s 😉

Reactions: Videoviper

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!

97D0A3E1-6D1D-40D8-BDD6-40060D4BB07D.jpeg

Reactions: Sgt301 and nacho