More Consignments

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm not a big WWII aficionado, but that's some solid work right there. Your weathering is just the right amount. Some people go overboard, which is fine if you're making a dio of a boneyard, but otherwise, it needs to be subtle.

Love the yuuuugeeee tailpipes on that first one. The rust-work is just right on those too.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Thanks guys.
I am a firm believer of not overdoing weathering and rust .
Almost every model you see has a rusty exhaust system.
Unless sitting in a field for 5 years they would NOT be that rusty.
Go out and look at your cars tail pipe.
It is gray, so my exhaust are grey with a tiny bit of weathering and heat burns.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
My next consignments are 3 Sdkfz 222.
One was my first panzer gray coloring .
It was a little bit of a challenge but I worked things out and the next will be much easier.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I actually was interested in doing the Predator and I posted here and on Small Scale.
At the time there was no interest.
That was maybe 8 years ago.
Is there interest now ?

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I actually was interested in doing the Predator and I posted here and on Small Scale.
At the time there was no interest.
That was maybe 8 years ago.
Is there interest now ?
I'd definitely be interested. I'm sure you could do a bunch or variants too; personally I'd want something for ground-attack support for Infantry/special forces. Since I know we will never get an A-10 in 1/18th scale. Hardest part would be sensor packages, missile pods, and missiles. I think the rest would be cake to make honestly.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Great work! That looks absolutely fantastic. I'm not a WW2 collector personally but your work here is fire. Great to see you post an update sir!

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Nice Sherman! Now we know who to call for snow removal on our next winter offensive 🫡🇺🇸

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
You know, I used to read a magazine called Military Vehicles or something like that and an article showcased a private collector in New York who had a bunch of tanks and stuff going back from modern times to WW1 tanks. He found one of the few remaining Shermans that were equipped with a bulldozer blade that was buried on the grounds of a mental hospital that apparently used it for snow removal. Years later he moved his whole collection to Virginia about two hours from me and it’s now the AAF (American Armored Foundation) Tank Museum. I’ve visited it twice and it’s got everything you can imagine, including a Panzer IV retrieved from the Golan Heights after the six days war. AAF Tank Museum

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderDan19

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I am back at it .
This time with a Stug IV with a dot camo.
The dot camo is like bacon , it is good with anything.

Here is a camo that came from a Tiger 1 that was pulled out of a panzer school freshly painted and put on the line in defense of Berlin.
I used a Bravo team bottom and running gear along with a 21st top hull and lots of modification.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Thanks guys !
It means a lot.

My Firefly kit has been out for a few years now and the molds are long gone.
I had a guy who wanted me to build a couple and I reached out to another board member to see if he wanted my old kits and he was willing to part with a few.
So here is my first Firefly build along with a Beute Sherman.
I saw a pic of this Beute Sherman and some makes a decal sheet for it and I could not resist .