MRAP's (WIP)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters, I need to change it up this time and to work on thick metal rigs so here are the new MRAP models...or soon to be I should say.
I know Pickelhaube was making one of these and I will not compare here as I'm absolutley not as talented as he is, so no comparison.
There are many MRAPS with different designs and companies making them, I like the Oshkosh designs myself...what would you like to see done?
As in the Chinook thread, things might change so I'm open minded again to all opinions.
Here are the models that I will transform....

Here are just some references....

All the wip pics will be here as usual, I will post on other sites some pics but the bulk will be here. :wave:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Should be able to use the one in the center, at least. They built MRAP trainers out of deuce-and-a-halves.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Isn't there a swat truck or wells fargo armored truck out there that would transform better?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello fellow fighters...here is the latest from the Studioworks workshop....

You guys should know by now that I mutalate the toy before I cutomize it...mmwwaahaahaahaaaaa....stay tuned for more....:wave:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Ahhh Not the Legos again!!!! =(

Good start...Im anxious to see the progress on these. Are you going to make the rear doors open as well?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ahhh Not the Legos again!!!! =(

Good start...Im anxious to see the progress on these. Are you going to make the rear doors open as well?

Yep I love legos, no one can make square square's or rectangles or circles like lego can and I use em.
There will be no back doors or back for that matter, I won't be able to emulate perfectly but I'm trying to emulate the Oshkosh MRAPATV. What ever comes out is my creation as it won't be Oshkosh's MRAPATV it will be my design.

"G.I.*EDDIE You planning to use the other trucks wheels/tires?...the hummer ones are uh, not so hot... "

I don't want to use them, and I would like to use the tires and wheels from the PTE IFV. I need to either get more cast or learn how to cast. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Looks good so far, are going to try and make a v-shaped hull like on a real mrap?

Yep its already half done if you look closley at the other pics, I just haven't put the armour on the bottom yet.

Here's another pic with alternate wheels....

IFV wheels...

TH truck wheels...

The 'Spine' of the vehicle...

Let me know what you think. Stay tuned for more....:wave:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now that's a scratch build. Wow. custom wheel wells/fenders and all. Those tires are going to be perfect

SGTDUNN

Enlisted
Mar 29, 2011
Dalton, GA
As far as wheels and tire go, look at the John Deer Monster Tread vehicles. The smaller ones work very well on those Adventure Vehicles. The also will fit on the original axle shafts will little modification.