MRAP's (WIP)

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Would LOVE to see a 6x6. Or maybe a M1117 Armored Knight?

Does anyone cast/make those IFV wheels?

Digs, your work is top notch!!!!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters....ok so here is the final color cause the other was to light. The first to green. I don't want to paint it desert tan. So...

Sooo thats the color....stay tuned for more....:wave:

PS Thank you guys here at the 118th for supporting me and encouraging me. Also for another front page piece. The next rig will be complete scratch build.

pps just some other one mulling around in my head....

This one is my fave if I was to do another 4wheel version....the coolest electric one so far IMHO...

:wave:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dig the hell out of it. Olive drab vehicles are a breath of fresh air.

We got to get you to do another rotary wing project.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not my first choice, but I'd sure enjoy watching it come together.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...here is the latest.....

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/21dhrwl.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2rdgtuc.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/eis1w2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rzdsgj.jpg[/IMG]

That's the final outside paint, wash, and gloss coat. Going to flat coat it and add mudd. After I repaint the radios and monitors inside.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
OUTSTANDING! I expect we will see another feature story on your work in the future! :D

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hellow fellow fighters...here's the last set of pics until I make a little dio....

I thought that a nice clean look was mandatory for a nice build, and on the other hand I LOVE the dirty used look....

Ok guys If you want one pm and we can talk...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Superb scratch build. Amazingly scaled. The interior details are what every kid dreams about having in a toy.

Masterpiece

minstrelboy

The Unwashed
May 13, 2011
Midway, PA
Very, very nice. This was the one MRAP I never got my hands on while I was in Iraq, so it is the one I'm the least familiar with, but I am a fan of Oshkosh, and I watched them get this developed in an unprecedented amount of time in order to get them shipped out to Afghanistan. I must admit, I was hoping the conversion would have been a little more straightforward (i.e., within my abilities), but it is all the more amazing to see how much work went into creating this. Simply amazing work.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hellow fellow fighters....due to many requests on other sites that I posted this link to, here are some shots with soldiers in them. I wanted to use Joes but I didn't have any approprate ones for the shots.

Very, very nice. This was the one MRAP I never got my hands on while I was in Iraq, so it is the one I'm the least familiar with, but I am a fan of Oshkosh, and I watched them get this developed in an unprecedented amount of time in order to get them shipped out to Afghanistan. I must admit, I was hoping the conversion would have been a little more straightforward (i.e., within my abilities), but it is all the more amazing to see how much work went into creating this. Simply amazing work.

Honored sir to have a vet here, espescialy on my thread, yes the conversion wasn't even straight forward for me as I stared at it for many lengths of time before I made a move. Even then I fucked it up bad 4xs. Dilligence my friend.

Anyway folks, I want to go on to the next project. It will be very simple small and cool. I'll post here in the customs thread like always. Stay tuned for more...........:wave: